• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I must say I 'm not a fan of these mid-season byes. Not only loss of momentum for the players, but also for the fans.

On a more positive note, I've noticed the Waratahs have placed some TV commercials showing exciting highlights of play to advertise the match this week. Baby steps, but at least it's something.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I must say I 'm not a fan of these mid-season byes. Not only loss of momentum for the players, but also for the fans.

On a more positive note, I've noticed the Waratahs have placed some TV commercials showing exciting highlights of play to advertise the match this week. Baby steps, but at least it's something.

I am also not looking forward to the mid year test window break. It kills all the momentum in the competition. Not that I'm not looking forward to the tests, I am very much, just finish one thing first FFS.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can't let your remark about Hoiles sail through to the keeper there, IS, he's EXACTLY the sort of player every Super squad needs. Does his job well when called up from the bench, scores the occasional try and doesn't crack under pressure. Yeah, he's not a first-choice player these days but to have a well-rested test veteran on the bench is priceless.

One aspect of Hoiles' play that I like is his no-mistake style. From memory, he hasn't missed tackles, and always puts the ball back to arriving support when he is tackled. This allows the team to keep forward momentum.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I can't let your remark about Hoiles sail through to the keeper there, IS, he's EXACTLY the sort of player every Super squad needs. Does his job well when called up from the bench, scores the occasional try and doesn't crack under pressure. Yeah, he's not a first-choice player these days but to have a well-rested test veteran on the bench is priceless.
Plus there only paying him match fees

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just remembered how good Foley's place kicking was, 7/7. Very good sign heading into the business end of the season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think our second bye came at a good time. It breaks up the remaining part of the season nicely. Three games before the June break and then three games afterwards.

The Rebels in Melbourne presents a huge challenge with only a five day turnaround.

The Tahs have a pretty good run of games heading into the finals, but there is no room for mistakes if they want to top the Aussie conference. There really are no gimmes in Super Rugby 2014.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This June break shits me to tears. Fuck you, IRB.

We have to win away twice, hope that no-one gets injured on Wallaby duty, then two home games split between different venues before the Reds in the final week.

If we need to win all those to get top 2 - and I'm pretty sure we do - then I think the Sharks will still find enough to get top spot because of a South African conspiracy.

Plus I don't really fancy us against the Chiefs over there, because they're expecting some talent back in the next couple of weeks. The game against the Reds is also a fucking banana skin because they're strapping on their siege mentality and will be desperate to climb out of the cellar.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Point to remember is that the Saffer and NZ franchises run the same risk as the Tahs of having their rockstars injured while on International duty.

The Reds match is a real worry. At home in front of 30000+ banjolanders screaming for blue blood, they will all grow another 10 cm and 10 kegs and be as motivated as buggery to belt the living bejesus out of us.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
We do have a game in hand over the Brumbies and Force, plus all Aussie & Kiwi teams have a game in hand over the Saffers.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
But what Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) really wanted is a Tahs jersey. ;)

10336775_10151986485641324_1040924568060195147_n.jpg

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Am I suppose to know who those guys with him are?

The Swans would face the same issue as the Tahs do in Sydney. If you don't follow the game, then outside of the big names, the average punter wouldn't recognise the rest of the squad.

It's Dan Hannebery (L) and Sam Reid (R).

Status
Not open for further replies.