• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
if the NRL went arse up tomorrow and our talent pool suddenly grew a few hundred percent, even were it a dolequeue of uncouth bogans).

Dolequeue - the new collective noun for a group of rugby league players

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs and Sharks lose, how good. Next week is the most important match of the season I feel. Difference between a home final.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The pulled pork burger was quite tasty, scrumptious sauce.

BTW, "pulled" pork, WTF is a piece of pulled pork? Sounds obscene. As my lovely spare-rib (an excellent cook, BTW) says, "you wouldn't wanna know what happens in a kitchen".

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Turns out Folau's injury worse than first thought, if he's out do we go Horne to 12 and Beale to 15 or leave Beale and bring in Crawford/Lance?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
"IMO The food and drink service at the SFS is atrocious."

This a major problem for all of the tenants of the SFS, not only the Waratahs.

If punters are put off from attending the SFS because of this, it has ramifications on revenue.

Fewer punters through the gates means less ticket revenue.

Fewer punters through the gates means less merchandising revenue.

Fewer punters through the gates means less beverage revenue.

Fewer punters through the gates means less food revenue.

Etc.

Etc.

This is something that the Waratahs' management need to sort out with the SFS's management, because it's probably costing income.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's without doubt putting people off going.

I'd guess that part of the reason it was so bad on Friday night is that staff were split between the SFS and the SCG. Clearly that isn't satisfactory but it's hard to know what the Tahs can do about it.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Turns out Folau's injury worse than first thought, if he's out do we go Horne to 12 and Beale to 15 or leave Beale and bring in Crawford/Lance?
the Former..... Beale can always come into the line and drop Foley back. Horne deserves a start and SA oposition will suit him methinks.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yep it is atrocious.
I plan around it,and eat before or after,regardless of whether I go with friends or kids.
It's outside of the Tahs influence.Catering is run by the landlord,not the tenant.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yep it is atrocious.
I plan around it,and eat before or after,regardless of whether I go with friends or kids.
It's outside of the Tahs influence.Catering is run by the landlord,not the tenant.

Yeah, I load up beforehand, don't worry too much about beer during the game unless the queues are reasonable and then have a beer afterwards.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
It's without doubt putting people off going.

I'd guess that part of the reason it was so bad on Friday night is that staff were split between the SFS and the SCG. Clearly that isn't satisfactory but it's hard to know what the Tahs can do about it.
Not sure who went to SCG. Mate told me the SCG service was even worse than normal.....not sure how that is possible. Thought when you went to the baseball they brought everything to you. I find inviting the wife to serve you at regular intervals works best:rolleyes:.....pleeease dont tell her I said that..........:eek:

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Catering may be run by the landlord,not the tenant, but surely the Waratahs could have speaks and let them know in no uncertain terms that the situation is shithouse.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I find inviting the wife to serve you at regular intervals works best:rolleyes:...pleeease dont tell her I said that....:eek:

DEAD MAN WALKIN'!

Never drink the shit at those grounds, and the food is atrocious. When I take the kids later in the year I'll fill them up beforehand and leave straight afterwards if they're still hungry.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Highlight of the night was the Local Taphouse prior - should have stayed there.
Drink queues = epic
Food = cronic.
Footy = not too bad (rebels were pants)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Catering may be run by the landlord, not the tenant, but surely the Waratahs could have speaks and let them know in no uncertain terms that the situation is shithouse.

They could, but are the SCG Trust going to take much notice of a club that draws 15,000 fans for a handful of games a year?

The caterers tender for the food and beverage rights at major stadia, all the landlord really worries about is how big the tender is and whether or not the tenderer meets basic requirements. They can then essentially charge what they like and have the service as slow as they like - they're the only show in town. It's not as if you can bolt across the road a half time and buy your food and drink there.

Status
Not open for further replies.