• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
They can then essentially charge what they like and have the service as slow as they like - they're the only show in town. It's not as if you can bolt across the road a half time and buy your food and drink there.

There is always the beer can and chips in the pocket approach, best way to avoid the queues if you want a drink and something to eat during the footy. Thats $15 they won't be getting off me.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I was going to suggest hiring a beer wench, but the SCGT explicitly ban them in their alcohol policy.

They can then essentially charge what they like and have the service as slow as they like - they're the only show in town. It's not as if you can bolt across the road a half time and buy your food and drink there.
Would they deliberately offer slow service? Get them in and out quickly so you can serve more customers and earn more $$$. The quicker service would entice punters to (responsibly) drink more.

The Olympic Stadium is cops a lot of deserved flak, but their food and beverage service is decent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
In many parts of Sydney, there is no service culture.

There are many in the service industry that seem to believe that the paying customer should be the one who should be eternally grateful that the server actually found the time to provide the service that their employer is paying them to deliver. The closer one gets to water, the poorer the service seems to be.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
The SFS need to talk to the gang out at Nepean Rugby Park. Great service and the World Famous Emu Burger deserves to be even famouser!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Would they deliberately offer slow service? Get them in and out quickly so you can serve more customers and earn more $$$. The quicker service would entice punters to (responsibly) drink more.

When you're selling beers at $7.50 a throw you probably don't have to sell that many to turn a profit. Quicker service = more staff which == more cost.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

When you're selling beers at $7.50 a throw you probably don't have to sell that many to turn a profit. Quicker service = more staff which == more cost.

The only time there has ever been quick beer service at the sfs was when Hahn was the beer sponsor and had PET bottles for sale. No pouring, just handing over bottles and taking your money

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I definitely think it was worse than usual on Friday night because of the baseball and the catering company (is it Spotless?) having to staff both the SCG and the SFS.

It's normally slow but nowhere near that slow. The bars that were closed would normally be open and partially staffed.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
With the disappointing crowd numbers so far, anyone know how the Waratahs fincials are looking?

A home semi may be crucial to ensuring the Tahs stay financial this year.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I definitely think it was worse than usual on Friday night because of the baseball and the catering company (is it Spotless?) having to staff both the SCG and the SFS.

It's normally slow but nowhere near that slow. The bars that were closed would normally be open and partially staffed.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Wonder is this indicates that the SCG has a bigger influence when it comes to who gets priority with services or is it better management by the SCG?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-mlb-at-the-scg/story-fni3fh9n-1226863635240

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
My brother & his family went to the baseball. Long time baseball fans and my nephew was in the Australian team till he need arm surgery. These are quotes from my niece's facebook while at the game:

"The SCG your catering is a fucking joke! Words cannot express my anger and frustration at this point!"

"A 2 hour wait for nachos.... No thanks. A 45 minute wait for pizza only to be told they're sold out. Run of hot dog buns and hot chips and this was only the bottom of the 4th! Oh and if you want any merchandise Gem get it online. They've pretty much sold of everything there too!"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It would seem to me that the catering company (Delaware North Australia) has about enough staff to do one stadium reasonably well at a time.

They seem completely unable to staff both stadiums at the same time effectively.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Honestly I think thats fair enough from the company's point of view, paying double as many staff as needed would send them bankrupt. And how often do these clashes happen? Besides the one with the Swans last year and this, I can't remember any.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Honestly I think thats fair enough from the company's point of view, paying double as many staff as needed would send them bankrupt. And how often do these clashes happen? Besides the one with the Swans last year and this, I can't remember any.

They are all casual employees though. They surely need to be able to handle concurrent events.

The same company also manages Hungry Jacks at Sydney Airport and six foot outlets at Central Station (including the Hungry Jacks). They also have an outlet at Circular Quay based on their website (which I assume is also Hungry Jacks).

The situation at the Tahs game on Friday night was certainly far worse than usual, but I think there have been significantly longer queues than there should be for pretty much every game in the last couple of years. Smaller crowds should mean shorter queues, not longer ones.

T

Train Without a Station

BH couldn't agree more. They staff based on events. These aren't full time employees.

I cannot understand how they would want to turn off people at the games, as that would only encourage them to eat before, bring food, etc. and plan not to use their services, which will only further reduce their profits. I'm sure they pay a lease to the stadium, in which case surely they would want to encourage as many people as possible to consume there to get the best revenue out of that fixed lease.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Which comes back to my post (2990).

Perhaps it's a vicious cycle.
vicious.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I cannot understand how they would want to turn off people at the games.

I don't think that they want to turn people off TWAS, they simply don't care.

To paraphrase Sir Humphrey Appleby "you may well have mistaken lethargy for strategy":)

Perhaps the company involved is run by former NSWRU/ARU employees, who in the past have raised lethargic administration to an art form.

Status
Not open for further replies.