• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
A much better photo op than the one "missed" last week.

There are different photo ops. I wouldn't say either is better, both are important in different ways.

You need to connect commercially to sponsors and borderline fans, and you need to connect with ground roots. If you don't do both, the other won't matter.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The baseball is gone and the fucks-given statistic has dropped below zero at this point.

Moving right along - how do we think the team is shaping up for the Shorks? I think our bench is going to be a significant issue. Thoughts on Horne:

- Used as a battering ram from the blind wing on attack
- Moves into the line on defence to blunt the Shorks' midfield as KB (Kurtley Beale) drops back for counterattack.
- Lance can also fill this role and will probably run the same lines Izzy was in the meantime. He's pretty tough.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone know Cheiks number ?..Fifita wants to come home!!
Think I had this conversation re Izzy some time ago and Fifita is a Rugby man so no extra training required..he is a number 8 who CAN play ...SOMEONE UNLOCK THE DOOR..:)

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
isn't benji on the outer already?
thats the point Fifita is a Rugby number 8 who went to league so he is ready to go after a few hit outs..the others had to be taught..... Izzy was dual but long time ago. ...the others are kiwis..they just know....and Burgess hasnt a hope....:)

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don't think Benji will be coming back it's all a bit of hype - Foley and Beale are both adequate covers in the 10 role with Volavola also waiting ... The media hype wouldn't be as strong by the time this opportunity came around next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't think Benji will be coming back it's all a bit of hype - Foley and Beale are both adequate covers in the 10 role with Volavola also waiting . The media hype wouldn't be as strong by the time this opportunity came around next season.

Benji would never play for the Tahs because he has to play for a NZ team to make the Blicks (not that he ever will given the talent they have at 10 and 15). The Tahs have got some real talent coming through at 10 and 15, I don't think we will need to import anyone unless they're as good as Izzy.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Breaking News is that Andrew Fafita has had his 3.5m contract withdrawn from the Bulldogs after stating he "should have gone to rugby"
With Cliffy at the end of his career, should the Tah's pick him up?
With his background in rugby and he clearly has a desire to play, me thinks maybe yes

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the Reds or Brumbies would be able to offer him more money.

Unless he really wanted to stay in Sydney and the ARU came to the party, I don't see how he could come to the Tahs.

I think we will be reasonably placed with Palu and Tala Gray next year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If the Tahs can sign him then the system is F****** no joke he should end up at the Reds or the Brumbies.

The other capital cities should just be more awesome.

He grew up in Blacktown and he can't play the banjo so surely he'll want to stay in Sydney if at all possible.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The other capital cities should just be more awesome.

He grew up in Blacktown and he can't play the banjo so surely he'll want to stay in Sydney if at all possible.
Well I guess you will just have to send izzy north or west to cover the cost than because there is no way in hell you should be able to afford him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I heard that Fifita management canned it as they couldnt agree on 3rd party deals

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not sure we should be chasing a guy who publicly whinges about his multi-million dollar contract days after signing it.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Not sure we should be chasing a guy who publicly whinges about his multi-million dollar contract days after signing it.
Doesn't seem to be much 'chasing' will be needed. He has openly said he wants to come back to rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.