• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is there anyone on here that goes to waratahs games from Wollongong on the train. I'm sick of silent trips back slowly sobering up

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Really tough news for Mitchell Chapman that he is out for the season after tearing his Achilles at training.

The signing of Potgeiter softens that blow a little bit but I still expect Chapman would have played a fair bit.

Of what we saw from Peterson last night, I don't think he is a reasonable replacement for Chapman.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The signing of Potgeiter softens that blow a little bit but I still expect Chapman would have played a fair bit.

Absolutely. They're both lock/flankers who've previously been on the cusp of test level (though they're both arguably past that point) but they're very different players.

Chapo offers a lot at lineout time and I'd chance a guess is more mobile. He obviously doesn't provide the same biff though.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Absolutely. They're both lock/flankers who've previously been on the cusp of test level (though they're both arguably past that point) but they're very different players.

Chapo offers a lot at lineout time and I'd chance a guess is more mobile. He obviously doesn't provide the same biff though.
Agree Peterson is most certainly not up to super rugby at this stage in my opinion. The loss of chapman with guys like douglas, skelton, potgeiter, palu in the mix to be in gameday 23 it leaves the tahs a little short on lineout options. I think Steve Hoiles looked pretty good in the second half and he has previously run the lineout at the brumbs and Randwick and offers alot around the field.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Agree Peterson is most certainly not up to super rugby at this stage in my opinion. The loss of chapman with guys like douglas, skelton, potgeiter, palu leaves the tahs a little short on lineout options. I think Steve Hoiles looked pretty good in the second half and he has previously run the lineout at the brumbs and Randwick and offers alot around the field.

I don't like to get too down on players but I think it's time Peterson goes to the NH. If he comes back a better player, that's awesome.

But I don't think he's getting better at the Tahs and he's not young enough anymore for it to be excusable.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

Mitch Chapman s a fantastic player alot like Kilmin in my mind just needed the break out season to make the wobs.. probably past him now but never know

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't like to get too down on players but I think it's time Peterson goes to the NH. If he comes back a better player, that's awesome.

But I don't think he's getting better at the Tahs and he's not young enough anymore for it to be excusable.

Peterson is only 22, in forward years he is still a baby

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Peterson is only 22, in forward years he is still a baby

I do agree in principle, but he's been in the system for a long time.

We're not talking about a guy in his 2nd year in the stable here. It's got to be at least his 4th year of being a full professional which puts his playing age and experience much higher than most players his age.

T

tranquility

I do agree in principle, but he's been in the system for a long time.

We're not talking about a guy in his 2nd year in the stable here. It's got to be at least his 4th year of being a full professional which puts his playing age and experience much higher than most players his age.

Simmonds went through all the same stuff at that age. Looked meek, timid, passive. They take time.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Simmonds went through all the same stuff at that age. Looked meek, timid, passive. They take time.
I think he's been downgraded to EPS this year... Though Hodge stays on. Is he at least fit? Will he get a trial? Hate to see squad/EPS players not good enough for at least a chance to play.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
True, but how many years has Jeremy Tilse been around with the same sort of expectation?
Yeah, the difference I would suggest is that Peterson was on a development contract straight from school and he said himself he had to develop physically before he would ever be ready for super rugby, this year is his opportunity, after a few shoulder injuries he has no more excuses

From watching him in club he just needs to get more angry and aggressive, but that is the issue for many giants

Tilse has a big year in front of him, he has had real quality keeping him out, but he has never really let the Tahs down when has got a chance, this year he can expect 30 minutes game time a week. My concern with him is his height and long levers under the new rules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.