• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I'd imagine years of wining and dining with delegates and officials from all over the world would give you a certain level of aplomb which could be transferred into certain areas of the corporate world like Fatprop mentioned.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Large financial planning firms (like most professional services businesses) are essentially conglomerations of small businesses (each senior financial planner will have their own client list and their own team working for them). As people have indicated, someone like Kearns as CEO is really there to network and be a face for the business.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I received my 2014 jersey in the post yesterday. Unfortunately I bought the 'Pro' jersey which was the only one available when I renewed my membership rather than waiting for the classic jersey.

Would have definitely preferred the more traditional jersey material than the synthetic one.

It's almost an eletric blue. A lot brighter than the usual Waratahs light blue.

Westy

Bob McCowan (2)
Second trial game is on this Friday - has anyone seen a lineup? I expect it to be noticeably different from last week's team against the Rebels

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
For those heading to the game on friday night, just be aware that should the Sydney Sixers win tonight, then the Waratahs V Blues trial will clash with the Big Bash Final.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
you are kidding.... I was going to take the tin-lids along to the trial. Traffic will be shocking....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For those heading to the game on friday night, just be aware that should the Sydney Sixers win tonight, then the Waratahs V Blues trial will clash with the Big Bash Final.

As a Sixers fan, it's a bit disappointing as I'll miss the final if they win tonight.

I'm sure they'll draw some people away from the Tahs trial if they host the final as well.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I'd imagine years of wining and dining with delegates and officials from all over the world would give you a certain level of aplomb which could be transferred into certain areas of the corporate world like Fatprop mentioned.

They'd have a certain level of something.

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
pity they didn't play the trial game in the western suburbs at Parra or Penrith as they wouldn't have had to worry about clashing at all.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
PERFECTSTRANGERStitle.JPG
^ Jealous Pfitzy? :rolleyes:

He kinds of looks like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) if he went into hibernation for six months.

he looks like Cousin Balki from Perfect Strangers

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why isn't one of these on Saturday night? Same stuffup as the Mardi Gras parade/Rebels conflict.

Can't really give them that much flak for this - it's a trial with about 5000 expected, and there was no way of knowing that the Sixers would progress to the finals. Of course if they lose tonight it's not an issue, and then it could be rained out as well, in which case all bets are off.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Tahs need to go something in their marketing department. All summer on TV I've been bombarded with ads about NRL memberships, Auckland 9's etc etc. I struggle to recall seeing even a billboard advertising Tahs memberships.

I have been seeing the NRL membership ads that cover all the sides too. My thought was that perhaps the ARU should have had a think to presenting something like that.

T

Train Without a Station

Also #1, had the Stars won last not, a reasonable speculation considering they had won 8 in a row, the game would have been at the MCG anyway.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Well, I will be hoping they lose then, I want the opportunity for a good night out

Status
Not open for further replies.