• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I've seen those cabs, I thought they were last years ads? Shows what happens when you dont have the contact lenses in
Haha.

Yeh the difference is mainly with the text & the head shots cropped to remove HSBC. My graphic designer brother noticed this, only cause the 2013 ones were some of his handy work I think.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
For example, the signing of Jacques Potgieter who's wage I'm assuming is in the 300'000 - $400'000/year range wasn't a absolutely necessary signing,
He is a bonus to the squad but it wouldn't be amiss if he wasn't signed. Should that money have been saved or he is in an investment which will generate returns by taking the Tahs to the finals?

It appears to add

Cheika said at the time of Potgieter’s signing last year that he wanted a “no-nonsense, hard and strong ball carrier and tackler” to inject into his forward pack.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I'm starting to wonder whether the unpaid interim joke is more serious then first thought.

They do exist. I met one once and struggled to keep a straight face after all the G&GR comments. Unfortunately, my shock at meeting such a rare species meant that I forgot to ask what they actually do at the Tahs. :D

There are quite a few people that volunteer their time, especially on match day.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
There are quite a few people that volunteer their time, especially on match day.

Isn't an intern a different species to a volunteer as the the intern is in it to gain specific experience or apply specific skills?

The volunteers do a fine job, often in challenging situations on match day.

It appears it is the (highly?) paid executives that aren't value for money.

Anyone going to the trial in Albury tomorrow? I'll head down if my cricket is cancelled and take notes/do a write up for the blog.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindommer mentioned he was planning to be there.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cricket is cancelled. Due to the heat. Am out on the piss with Merv Hughes. Will be heading down from Wagga if anyone needs a lift. I'm pretty sure @yourmatesam is from Wagga.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Isn't an intern a different species to a volunteer as the the intern is in it to gain specific experience or apply specific skills?

The volunteers do a fine job, often in challenging situations on match day.

Yes it is.

They're all working for the greater good come match day.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm the one you don't recognise.
u4uhe7e2.jpg

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Why am I the only one concerned that cricket, once described to me as organised loafing, is cancelled because of the heat and yet a rugby game is proceeding notwithstanding that same heat?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Is there some logistical reason why this trial is not being played in the evening?
How hot will it be when the curtain raiser is being played?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Is there some logistical reason why this trial is not being played in the evening?
How hot will it be when the curtain raiser is being played?

@4pm it will be 41, but will feel like 39 - according to the weather app on my ipad.
The revised maximum is 41 and it is predicted to be 41 at kick off in the main game (feeling like 39 - that Albury sea breeze is welcome relief).
It will still be 31 at 10:30pm - they needed to play it at about 5:30 this morning when it was 25.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
And don't expect the prospect of playing in scorching weather to fuel any post-match excuses from the Waratahs, judging by Cheika's reaction when asked about the 42-degree temperature forecast for Albury that should drop to about 38-39 degrees by the 5pm kick-off.
"They are playing four 20-minute [quarters], so they will be fine,'' he said. ''We have been training in the heat all pre-season, so we will be ready for it,"

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Cricket is cancelled. Due to the heat. Am out on the piss with Merv Hughes. Will be heading down from Wagga if anyone needs a lift. I'm pretty sure @yourmatesam is from Wagga.

Sure am, I'll be the guy in the Brumbies kit on the sidelines. Presently 23 degrees at my joint, it's going to be cooking at 5pm when the match kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.