• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
I have been seeing the NRL membership ads that cover all the sides too. My thought was that perhaps the ARU should have had a think to presenting something like that.
I don't think the ARU got $1b for the TV rights, so I guess that they are a little short when it comes to marketing budget. Thats the first thing that goes.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Large financial planning firms (like most professional services businesses) are essentially conglomerations of small businesses (each senior financial planner will have their own client list and their own team working for them). As people have indicated, someone like Kearns as CEO is really there to network and be a face for the business.

From what I've seen from medium sized financial planning firms (30-50 people) there seems to be those who actually work for the company and those that work for/are senior financial planners who are essentially autonomous but are in it for a CBD address and to share the firm's license, all for a price of course.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Would have definitely preferred the more traditional jersey material than the synthetic one.

Playbill is the official merchandiser for the Tahs. So you could contact them about getting an exchange for the "classic version". Might be able to do it in-store on Friday night.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
From the Tahs media unit

NSW Waratahs announce Ray White partnership

The NSW Waratahs’ preparations have today been boosted by the signing of NSW’s largest real estate agent as back of jersey sponsor for the 2014 season.

With the start of the new Super Rugby season just 18 days away, the Ray White logo will appear on the new-look light blue jersey for the first time when the team runs out for their opening game of the season against the Western Force at Sydney’s Allianz Stadium on Sunday, February 23.

“As we finalise our preparations for the exciting season ahead, this is a massive boost for Waratahs Rugby,” said Waratahs Rugby CEO Jason Allen.

“We are absolutely thrilled to welcome Ray White on board and their timing is perfect. From our members and fans to players and partners, we are all looking forward to seeing the team run out in the new-look NSW home strip for the first time later this month.”

Announcing the partnership, Ray White NSW CEO Stephen Nell praised the partnership between the two as the perfect fit.

“As the state’s only representative rugby team, the NSW Waratahs are the perfect fit for us.

“Not only is there a strong affinity between our brand and Waratahs fans, this relationship gives us a unique association with the state. This allows us to bring together all 270 of our NSW franchisees like nothing else.”

A former Orange City player, Nell added, “Ray White NSW people are really passionate about NSW and there are an awful lot of us here that are really passionate about rugby.

“Our partnership with the NSW Waratahs has been really well received across our NSW network.”

The Ray White brand will feature on the back of the new-look 2014 NSW Waratahs jersey, which for the first time will feature Volvo as the major sponsor. Allen is confident that the two remaining inventory positions on the strip will be filled before the Super Rugby season starts on February 23.

“There is still some work to be done but there are exciting times ahead. We expect to make two further announcements, both relating to international blue chip companies, in the coming weeks.”

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Can't really give them that much flak for this - it's a trial with about 5000 expected, and there was no way of knowing that the Sixers would progress to the finals. Of course if they lose tonight it's not an issue, and then it could be rained out as well, in which case all bets are off.

Sixers done by Duckworth /Lewis, so it is a non-issue. Traffic at Moore Park will just be really bad, not really really bad.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member

I get that a lot too. Apparently you can't babysit your own children. I say you're not thinking hand enough.

All I know is I need to bank the brownie points for match day. Tonight the missus is on a girls night, so I consider that brownie point bank day. All to be cashed at the rebel trial match on Saturday.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Drive to a station and ride from there. That was my plan for tonight until foiled by babysitting duties.

hmmm, not one nearby station I can think of has available parking. I would have to head further awy from the stadium to find a suitable station, then catch the train in.

it's a moot point anyway, I'd prefer to save the babysitting for competition games.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm visiting your fair city. Where would a Queensland rugby can need to go to see this match? I'm in the city.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Not being televised AFAIK.

You will have to get to Moore Park.

Public Transport or Taxi (be prepared to pay for lots of time waiting in traffic).

Could be worth getting a Cab/Bus to Paddington area on Oxford street and walking the last bit.

Probably faster and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.