• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Against a player with Wallaby caps and vast experience in Super rugby? I doubt it.
I think it is more about the bench mix, Dennis will start at 6, but I suspect he may finish at lock a few times with Hoilse coming on at 6. But Hollaway is a good option as well for the bench

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So will Hoilse get a contract. . I rate him as a player and hope the best for him.. what do tah players think

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think the player the pressure is on now is Douglas. He is going to have to really step up because regardless who partners him at lock will be the greener of the pair. At his stage it is probably going to be good for him.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Last year the Tahs scored several great tries off set piece, because set piece opens up the space for the backs to run uncluttered. Funny how the NH teams just don't seem to get it. Haven't seen a try like that in this year's 6N after five games.

I watched it four or five times and then asked myself "How would the Stormers' defensive pattern have coped with that move?" The answer is "Not very well" I would suggest. Its just deliberately constructed, with pace, looping and dummy runners that makes it very hard to stop. And yet, until the two involvements by Bread it is quite uncomplicated - it almost looks like a good training routine.

Then again, I guess Bob always says perfect practise makes perfect.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That try looked a bit like some classic Randwick footy of a couple of decades ago. Now who did Cheika play for? Hopefully he can bring some more of that, because the Tahs will be bloody exciting this year if the can produce more of it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That one would make Bob Dwyer jolly. Plenty of support play and second touches.

Was a bloody beauty though. Very smooth skills considered it was only a trial. They look to be in the right place.

The nice thing about that try was the effort to get back in to and keep in play

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the player the pressure is on now is Douglas. He is going to have to really step up because regardless who partners him at lock will be the greener of the pair. At his stage it is probably going to be good for him.

He was pretty good in the trial. When he came on for his second stint in particular, he was really looking to make some big tackles. A couple of them really came off.

It certainly seems like he's been instructed to ramp up the physicality.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Second row depth looks like it could be a big problem this season, was a bit disappointed with Skelton at the weekend. I think he needs to work some more on his body height carrying and clearing out. Potgeiter is going to have to play more than would be ideal throughout the season, we're going to be light on second rows of Super Rugby standard.

T

TOCC

Second row depth looks like it could be a big problem this season, was a bit disappointed with Skelton at the weekend. I think he needs to work some more on his body height carrying and clearing out. Potgeiter is going to have to play more than would be ideal throughout the season, we're going to be light on second rows of Super Rugby standard.

Skelton is an extremely young lad playing in one of the most technically difficult positions on the field, any wallaby talk is far to premature at this point, he needs a season or two of refining the technical aspects of not only the set piece but in his general play around the field.

You can can see his talent, he bends the defensive line every time and his weight in the scrum and height in the line-out offers so much raw potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.