• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the player profiles page has been updated with the new signings.

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs/Team/SuperRugbySquad.aspx

Things to note are that we currently have 27 players:

Ashley-Cooper
Barnes
Betham
Carter
Crawford
Dennis
Douglas
Foley
Fitzpatrick
Hart
Hodge
Hooper
Kepu
Kingston
McCutcheon
McKibbin
Mitchell
Palu
Peterson
Polota-Nau
Ryan
Robinson
Tilse
Timani
Timani
Turner
Ulugia

The EPS hasn't been updated yet but that must mean Matt Lucas is on an EPS contract. Sam Lane should also be on an EPS contract.

Lopeti Timani and Grayson Hart are both upgraded from EPS to full contracts.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That is typical Waratah incompetence. It is probably the fault of the media intern. I mean, how much are they paying this guy?

Oh.......... OK.

Well that's probably to be expected then...........

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
That is typical Waratah incompetence. It is probably the fault of the media intern. I mean, how much are they paying this guy?

Oh.... OK.

Well that's probably to be expected then.....
It makes me angry when people knock the club I support, and your participation in it does you no credit, barbar. You speak of typical Waratah incompetence as if there was some regularity or predictability in their stuff ups. Not so. I find it endlessly entertaining that there is always something novel and unexpected in the way the 'Tahs manage to turn what appear on the surface to be straightforward and simple matters into the most convoluted of disasters.

A case in point is the hilarious situation of the coach that played will he/won't he with the Board for what seemed to be an eternity only exceeded by the time taken to find his successor. You couldn't dream up that sort of shit.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I find it endlessly entertaining that there is always something novel and unexpected in the way the 'Tahs manage to turn what appear on the surface to be straightforward and simple matters into the most convoluted of disasters.

Perhaps Barbarian meant that the Tahs are predictable in their unpredictability?

T

TOCC

Tim Lane has accepted the role as Tongan assistant coach, but that is apparently dependant on the outcome of the Waratahs coaching position.
So he may turn Tonga down if the Waratahs offer him a suitable position.

T

TOCC

I really like the fact that the Tahs are taking a punt on local talent rather then chasing players from other teams/marquee players etc

But.... Seems a little presumptuous signing players before a coach is signed

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Here's some footage from that game:

Over the first 3 rounds Betham has looked pretty good in attack but has made some poor defensive decisions.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I've seen Betham play 1 or 2 ITM games this season and he's playing better than I've seen him play in the Shute Sheild and much better than in Super rugby. The commentators have been raving about him as well.

He also looks very well conditioned.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I hope for his sake and the Waratahs he has done some work on his speed. Also, firstly good luck to him but it says something about what the powers that be think of the other Sydney clubs when they continue to grab players from Uni 2nds. I know the club has an amazing playing roster but surely someone question this.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It would be nice to sort this coach shit out
You mean put a name on the door so everyone can start counting the days until the next one?
Hey - it just occurred to me: maybe they've appointed one and have decided not to announce it thereby limiting pressure to perform between now and February.

Status
Not open for further replies.