• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
it's often seen that a very good performance is followed by a poorer performance, and vice versa. This leads most into thinking some winning teams get cocky or complacent after a good performance or get fired up after a poor one. The US Air Force even saw this trend and advised flight trainers not to praise good performances to eliminate complacency in pilots. The statistical reason for the phenomena is known as reversion to the mean. after a comparatively good or bad performance the most common follow up is one closer to their long term average performance.

What does this have to do with the tahs? well last season the win loss ratio was 11:5. 2011 it was 13:3. in 2010 it was 8:5 (these are regular season games only). So the long term average of the reds is an overall winning average (32:13). A statistician's answer would be the reds will revert to the mean and win next week.

T

tranquility

it's often seen that a very good performance is followed by a poorer performance, and vice versa. This leads most into thinking some winning teams get cocky or complacent after a good performance or get fired up after a poor one. The US Air Force even saw this trend and advised flight trainers not to praise good performances to eliminate complacency in pilots. The statistical reason for the phenomena is known as reversion to the mean. after a comparatively good or bad performance the most common follow up is one closer to their long term average performance.

What does this have to do with the tahs? well last season the win loss ratio was 11:5. 2011 it was 13:3. in 2010 it was 8:5 (these are regular season games only). So the long term average of the reds is an overall winning average (32:13). A statistician's answer would be the reds will revert to the mean and win next week.

I am going to start calling you Mozart, because this is music to my ears.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
People often talk about a team stinging after a loss, but the most common follow up to a loss is another loss. If a team really plays better when they're angry then they have coaching problems.

Ok, but the Tahs have lost their last two games

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
As far as I'm aware waratah jesus is not deceased; he's merely having a sabbatical. That being so the position is not available for you to claim, IS.

Perhaps wj is still plucking up the courage to sit on Michael Cheika's lap for a photo.
Sarcasm, Bruce.
I'm not cut out for a positive outlook.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Foley said he will be having a run today (Monday 18/02/2013) to see if he is a chance to get on the plane to Brisbane.

He trained well in a long session this arvo (Monday). I'd expect him to start.

Mitchell's back or hip seemed to be given him trouble after everybody was bashing each other today; so watch this space.

Betham not running yet. Barnes no chance - running at half-rat power. McCutcheon running slowly and doing a few basic exercises but a fair way off at the minute.

Folau will start.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Based on Lee's comments you'd think we'd see a backline of:

McKibbin
Foley
Mitchell/Turner
Carter
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Kingston
Folau

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Based on Lee's comments you'd think we'd see a backline of:

McKibbin
Foley
Mitchell/Turner
Carter
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Kingston
Folau

Has enough firepower to beat the Reds, but this game will be won upfront. Looking forward to seeing Gill v Hooper, two young open sides who I rate really highly. Whoever wins that personal battle of the breakdown could go a long way to seeing who wins the game.

How do you guys reckon our scrum will go? I definitely think Slipper is a tight head you can go after

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How do you guys reckon our scrum will go? I definitely think Slipper is a tight head you can go after

I think our scrum will smash the Reds, particularly if they stick with Fainga'a.

I just hope when we get attacking scrums in the red zone we don't go for pushover tries and instead just set a stable platform to attack.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
As far as I'm aware waratah jesus is not deceased; he's merely having a sabbatical. That being so the position is not available for you to claim, IS.

Perhaps wj is still plucking up the courage to sit on Michael Cheika's lap for a photo.
He's only called upon in dark times. Those that are healthy have no need for a physician.

The Jesus will rise again!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Read before that the Waratahs Faithful received no support from the club and thus will not exist in a physical sense.

What a joke. While I'd love nothing more than to take the piss out of your group (rivalry aside), it's an absolute farce that they fail to support their own fans attempting to organize.

I had never heard of this group prior to Badger posting about them in this thread, but I think the fact that I have been a Tahs member for a number of years and never heard of them speaks volumes.

It seems to me that they were a small group that had achieved very little traction (the Facebook group was only started in September 2012 for example) and expected large amounts of support and discount tickets/merchandise from Waratahs HQ.

Whilst it would be great to have a strong and active supporters group in the GA section at the SFS for every home game, I also don't expect the Waratahs to start throwing free stuff at a random facebook group with no track record.

Here's the latest from them:
From Waratahs Faithful Facebook page
Hi Guys,
Have some great news!!
The NSW Waratahs, have put together an amazing deal for us Faithful. GA admission tickets at Student pricing!!!
6 game membership is only available till the 25th of Feb, 1 Week away.

If you are interested in the 2 or the 6 game membership please print one of the forms out and get them in ASAP.

There is also going to be a Weekly home game prize of a Double Pass for anyone who purchases a membership through this program.

Get in Quick!!!

Regards,
Faithful

After the big dummy spit, it seems they have deleted the Facebook post. Now they are going on about a deal especially for them.Admittedly, it is a good deal for Adult GA into the 6 SFS home games for $75 or 2 games for $25 and you get the membership pack. Hard to understand why the Tahs are offering this.

What gets me is if they are so faithful, shouldn't they already have season tickets? Let's see how long they last.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Sydney Sporting Public are notoriously fickle bandwagonners.

When the Tahs start winning, those Facebook Faithful memberships will prove their worth like finding gold dust.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I mistakenly read the first line of LG's last post as a response to the last line of Bruce Ross' post 2 above it and had a little chuckle to myself. It's the little things in life that make us happy, oh and a Tahs win at the weekend wouldn't go amiss either.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Here's the latest from them:

After the big dummy spit, it seems they have deleted the Facebook post. Now they are going on about a deal especially for them.Admittedly, it is a good deal for Adult GA into the 6 SFS home games for $75 or 2 games for $25 and you get the membership pack. Hard to understand why the Tahs are offering this.

What gets me is if they are so faithful, shouldn't they already have season tickets? Let's see how long they last.

Doesn’t look good for the Tahs, yes I’m sure they could do more for their fans, but apparently if you have a winge on Facebook they’ll give you whatever you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.