• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Or somewhere else in NSW.

Would be good to share the love, maybe do it in a similar fashion to the QRU where different regions within QLD bid for the game, cover the costs and keep the profits...

T

TOCC

They should have played it out at Parramatta stadium and played up the Izzy factor...

I lived in Toowoomba for a few years, and I know the boys up there love it when the Reds come to town and play trial matches... It does wonders for rugby in the regional areas,

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Just saw your message now. I hope you had a good night. A couple of other GAGR members, HodgoBerro and ShinaTina were there as well.

I was surprised how tall Ben Volavola is when I saw him.

The e-tickets were done a while ago.

Check out the Tahs' Facebook page which has a pic of you from the party. Great to see you again as well.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
On reflection I don't think it would make a single difference which SS Club he played for. I recall that both Lote and Tahu played for West Harbour. I remember heading out to Campbelltown to watch Tahu debut in a trial for the Tahs. Neither of these situations did anything for rugby outside of the North or East Sydney.

What will make a difference is if the Tahs play well, make the papers and the new bulletins (Izzy should help in that aspect). We saw in QLD that the Reds success drew more players to play the game up North. If the Tahs do that more people will take up the game than they would if Izzy ran out for a SS Side.

........ And if by chance Izzy does play SS, and I don't mean this to come out disrespectful to others clubs (mine included) but his game will benefit from playing in the environment that Uni offers, and that can only help the Tahs.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Or somewhere else in NSW.

Yeah, Newcastle and Gosford were the first to come to mind because of their stadiums but they could have played it out in the bush, at least to try and appear less Sydney-centric. Don't really see the point of playing a trial at the same place that hosts nearly all your regular season games.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Thoroughly enjoyed myself last night, got to chat with the players and coaches, everyone seemed really up for the season ahead, plenty of bullish predictions from the guys. The evening was very well done by the club I thought.

Re moving matches, was thinking the same myself as most other Super rugby teams seemed to move their trial games around. I thought they should have exploited the Izzy factor and moved the Crusaders trial out to Western Sydney.

T

TOCC

On the other hand, TPN is an immense asset at Parramatta. It all depends, doesn't it?

The biggest crowds the Gold Coast Breakers have ever had was when Wendell was playing for them.... Probably the last time they actually had tv crews at their games as well...

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
One thing that I did notice in the Herald today was the Uni's player payments were $0! Does this mean that they are being paid 'in kind' through an education at taxpayer funded Sydney University?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thoroughly enjoyed myself last night, got to chat with the players and coaches, everyone seemed really up for the season ahead, plenty of bullish predictions from the guys. The evening was very well done by the club I thought.

Re moving matches, was thinking the same myself as most other Super rugby teams seemed to move their trial games around. I thought they should have exploited the Izzy factor and moved the Crusaders trial out to Western Sydney.

You're probably right long-term, but I suspect that they wanted to show their long suffering supporters a bit of faith. After what we've paid for over the last 4 years, we deserve it.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Anyone else fairly excited about next weeks Reds vs Tahs game? If the Reds play that again, the Tah's should have no problems at all....

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can anyone confirm how the Bye, in terms of points, will work this year? I understand how the fixture list has been shifted around to accommodate the Lions tour. What I need confirmed is that my understanding of how the points for the bye will work this year as there is conflicting information on the official SuperXV site at the moment.

My understanding is that although this weekend only 4 Aus teams played in round 1 only 1 team officially has a bye, that being the Tahs. I understood that there would still only be 2 official byes per team this year, just like last year. The Reds will be the only team to have a bye in round 17 and no byes will be awarded for round 18 & 19.

At the moment the table listed on the SuperXV official sites reflects this correctly, but the fixture list they're provided is crediting teams with a bye when they are not playing resulting in 4 byes per team across the season.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Anyone else fairly excited about next weeks Reds vs Tahs game? If the Reds play that again, the Tah's should have no problems at all..

We've heard all off-season how the Reds and the Brumbies were going to be 1st & 2nd in the Aussie conference. Based on the last 2 nights rugby the conference is wide open - Reds didn't look like scoring tonight. Defence dominated game - too many players allowed to slow it down at the tackle, scrums poorly refereed, QC (Quade Cooper) too lateral.

If I was forking out hard earned cash, would have preferred to be at Force v Rebels than at Reds/Brumbies game.

Status
Not open for further replies.