• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sarel Pretorius was originally not included in South Africas squad. Now Januarie is gone surely they would select Pretorius. Will this have any effect on him signing/not signing for the Tahs? At the least he would perhaps be ineligible for the rising marquee spot. Would he even want to come and play for the Tahs if he does indeed get game time during the RWC...

They've picked McLeod as the replacement. Good news for us since Pretorius is heavily out of favour there.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Lee - to add to your comment about the passing.

No it wasn't good, but two things disappointed me more this year about the backline

1) realignment in attack. Was almost non existent without Berrick there. Seemed to work for first 20 and then switch off, leaving a shovel or kick it option

2. Support alignment. IF there was a supporting runner, he'd always run parallel to the ball carrier - completely useless once the ball carrier changes direction or pace.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
The Waratahs have poor skill level you say? Well that's because the two best backs coaches in NSW are doing other jobs Stephen James & Brian Melrose.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The tahs have announced they will have a signing announcement this afternoon. Money on sarel but rumours of rocky being on the agenda again as well.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
yeah, the Cheetah's (or possibly Griqua's) coach was in a SA online paper yesterday saying somehting to the effect of "it's a shame the boks picked Charl McCleod because now Sarel is going to the tahs"

If the decision is made I'll stop bitching about it and by next year will be in the stands yelling something to the effect of "go you Yarpie prick, go!"

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
One of the foxsports news reporters just said Andre Pretourius just signed. I'm assuming they made a blunder and meant Sarel signed.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
“This is an exciting opportunity which was just too good to refuse,” said Pretorius. “When you play Super Rugby you get to experience a lot of cities and my last two trips to Sydney have been really enjoyable.

Is he coming to play or for an extended holiday?

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Pretorius To the Tahs for 2 years

Pretorius has left the "Tin Ears" for the waratahs on a two year contract.

Super Rugby
NEWS: The Waratahs have announced the signing of Cheetahs halfback Sarel Pretorius for the next two seasons. What are thoughts on NSW's decision to go abroad to replace Luke Burgess? Should they have pursued with a home-grown half?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Actually, that raises the point about what Shute Shield club (if any) he'll play for.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Great signing.

Those who doubt Pretorius clearly did not watch the impact he made for the Cheetahs.

I started saying halfway through the season that an Aussie franchise should sign him as he was not going to make the Boks even if he scored 50 tries.

Great vision and if there is a quicker halfback playing anywhere in the world I would like to see him.

PS. The Tahs will also have their rucks cleared much quicker than they have been with Burgess at 9.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Yep. He will play and live in the east with all the other saffers.

Meaningless. The ones in the East are not of his clan. More likely somewhere North of the city although most Clubs would probably like to sign him.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
We have a South African in my team. Happy to double the Saffa contingent if he's willing...

Status
Not open for further replies.