• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I had a go at them through twitter as well

"@NSWWaratahs You guys need to update the pics on the player profiles. Players in old uniforms, wrong colours etc."

"@matty_k G'day Matt, fair shout on team photos, we're working on it. We've uploaded plenty of new videos to TAH TV including 2 this week."

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
The Tahs twitter-ist is pretty quick to tweet & retweet, I'd say it's the easiest avenue for communication for that stuff.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
On this topric.. I happened to meet the Red's Event Manager (I think that was what she was called) at the RWC. I had a chip at her because there were a feww things on the reds website and marketing materials that was always a problem, i.e. links not working, stuff not up to date etc. She was very sympathetic, more then she needed to be since it was in a pub in Wellington, and from what she said I got the feeling that the ARU (or perhaps Super Rugby) actually control the content and maintenance on the websites. At the time I thought WTF? But now I am thinking that it might be true. Can anyone confirm or deny? Not making excuses for the Tahs, but maybe it is not all their fault and your roth needs to be directed elsewhere.
I saw where the Reds have gone into partnership with Foxsport for their website. Makes sense as the latter are all about social networking which is good for the Reds, and the high volume of audience via Foxsport of the Reds games makes it a win/win for Foxsport.
Just as long as the emphasis stays on the Reds in that situation.
Matbe the Tahs could do something in that mould - even have a web sponsor as it would be great for the sponsor's social networking via Google, Yahoo etc.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have already flicked BB out of my Fantsay side as I figure he is unlikely to play, and even more unlikely to do any kicking. Am frequently proved wrong however.

As to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - it seems to be being played very close. Can't find out much other then he pulled up sore from last weekend's trial.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
For the longer term health of the Waratahs, I am absolutely thrilled to see Jono Jenkins get a spot on the bench this week. I really rate him as a pure 7 and I think in time he might well establish himself as the number one fetcher, leaving McCutcheon to compete for a spot at 6. He certainly would improve a weakness we have defensively. I know Alcock is better with ball in hand but with Burgess not there I think our prime requirement is to have a fast reliable tackler at 7.

He's had some rotten career luck - breaking a leg with your first touch in Super rugby must be something of a record. The Brumbies appear to be doing without a 7 this year in the SA tradition, but he would have strengthened the Rebels pack as he surely knows how to tackle. Hard to understand the thinking of some franchise recruiters with both Seilala Lam and Jono Jenkins unable to get a contract. Still, there are some very good up-and-coming 7's in Oz at the moment.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I don't think we will be the only team looking for units this season.

We have smaller squads and a longer season.

Having units like Jenkins on the periphery maybe a godsend

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Obviously you fans have had an effect. Was just on the Tah's site and the playing squad are all in the new strip. Go people power.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Now we just need to get the Tahs to redo their 2012 ad on FoxSports.

Can anyone pick the three players who they showed scoring tries from 2011? (Here's a hint: you are unlikely to see any of them in a Tahs jersey in 2012.)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gerard Middleton on Fox Sports says he has inside news on Mitchell's injury, reckons he's 20% to even play this season. Mitchell was on the Rugby Club and was very cagey about a return date, I think it's quite likely we won't see him this season.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Gerard Middleton on Fox Sports says he has inside news on Mitchell's injury, reckons he's 20% to even play this season. Mitchell was on the Rugby Club and was very cagey about a return date, I think it's quite likely we won't see him this season.
The fucking news just keeps getting better. Great.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
FARRRRRRK. He was very cagey wasn't he.
I actually just wish they'd be upfront fom the get go, rather than have all the rumour & conjecture float around.
Get well Drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.