• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They should organise a free bus from the SFS to the City/Cross after the game, that would get a lot of the 18-20s going.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thats a great idea - you could even expand it to the inner west, city and east, lower north shore if it worked.
Its also the sort of thing that might build a bit more of tribal mentality with the supporters as they piled on the bus half cut after a Tahs win and kicked on somewhere. That used to be a big part of SCG tests and even NSW/Sydney games at the sports ground.
Needless to say it involves someone getting off their arse to do it - instead of setting up cones (witches hats!) for the warm up.....

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
They should organise a free bus from the SFS to the City/Cross after the game, that would get a lot of the 18-20s going.

In Bris, Suncorp game tickets include public transport to and from the game. Has been that way since the redevelopment years ago and is absolutely great. Main thing is that it means people don't drive. I am surprised that this doesn't happen elsewhere?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The only time public transport is included in Tahs tickets is for the games at Homebush IIRC (that said I live around the corner from the SFS so no transport is required for those games).

That said, when I was catching the bus to Central Station last year the driver wouldn't accept my membership card as a ticket to the game... to avoid arguing and holding up the entire bus I just paid my $1.80 or whatever it was.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
That said, when I was catching the bus to Central Station last year the driver wouldn't accept my membership card as a ticket to the game... to avoid arguing and holding up the entire bus I just paid my $1.80 or whatever it was.

I supose the other then Bris does well is put on dedicated buses to and from Suncorp from different hub's. This way when you get on the bus they know where you are going and where you have come from so no need to check tickets. I am always impressed at how quickly a crowd can be got out of and away from the stadium. I am reminded at how lucky we are every time I go OS to games!!!! You then just have to battle the bars in Caxton street to get a drink.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Do you not get free public transport to and from the game at SFS?

On the topic of memberships - the tahs either dont care enough or are too arrogant an organisation to do what the reds are doing and reach out to the community.

I saw a bunch of islander kids doing a impromptu flashmob dance in queen street mall the other day to build publicity for the rookies to reds program.

To put that in perspective, how likely would it be that the tahs would be able to get a quite sizable bunch of kids from western sydney to go into pitt street in the middle of the day decked out in blue shirts and do a choreographed dance in order to launch a grassroots expansion program to take on the AFL's auskick. When pigs fly.....

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The only time public transport is included in Tahs tickets is for the games at Homebush IIRC (that said I live around the corner from the SFS so no transport is required for those games).

They don't even check tickets on public transport in brisbane on big game days. You can pretty much ride free even if you are not going to the game.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Either way it's an absolute fucking disgrace and something needs to be done. I think I'll write a blog post on it, hopefully that will get their attention.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The biggest problem I see with the Tahs promotion and marketing is that most of it is preaching to the choir.

As a member I get notified about lots of different appearances and events they are involved in but it really seems like they have great difficulty promoting themselves outside of their core members/fanbase.

They have to find a way of reaching a new audience. I guess winning a Super Rugby title would go a long way to achieving that but they have to come up with an alternative. Membership numbers need to be improving based on their solid albeit not spectacular results.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
On the topic of memberships - the tahs either dont care enough or are too arrogant an organisation to do what the reds are doing and reach out to the community.

I saw a bunch of islander kids doing a impromptu flashmob dance in queen street mall the other day to build publicity for the rookies to reds program.

To put that in perspective, how likely would it be that the tahs would be able to get a quite sizable bunch of kids from western sydney to go into pitt street in the middle of the day decked out in blue shirts and do a choreographed dance in order to launch a grassroots expansion program to take on the AFL's auskick. When pigs fly.....

I don't think that your criticism of the 'Tahs is warranted, Bowside. We mightn't have "a bunch of islander kids doing a impromptu flashmob dance in queen street mall", but we have something much more grand planned, something guaranteed to gain international attention and a lot of exposure.

Unfortunately, because of a shortage of unpaid interns we couldn't get it organised in time for the Waratahs' season opener on Saturday night, but the next Saturday after that we're going to have an extravaganza. It will be a huge parade commencing on Oxford St at Whitlam Square, continuing east up Oxford St, turning right into Flinders St, then onto the Anzac Parade 'Busway'. There'll be gaily decorated floats and costumes, plus lots of singing and dancing - and that's just the police on crowd control.

Beat that, Brisbane.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think that your criticism of the 'Tahs is warranted, Bowside. We mightn't have "a bunch of islander kids doing a impromptu flashmob dance in queen street mall", but we have something much more grand planned, something guaranteed to gain international attention and a lot of exposure.

Unfortunately, because of a shortage of unpaid interns we couldn't get it organised in time for the Waratahs' season opener on Saturday night, but the next Saturday after that we're going to have an extravaganza. It will be a huge parade commencing on Oxford St at Whitlam Square, continuing east up Oxford St, turning right into Flinders St, then onto the Anzac Parade 'Busway'. There'll be gaily decorated floats and costumes, plus lots of singing and dancing - and that's just the police on crowd control.

Beat that, Brisbane.

Tah Man could definitely be a gay icon. He's muscly and wears skintight lycra. It's almost a given.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

Beat that, Brisbane.

I assume the Tah's are going to have a float. I will be very disappointed is certain players are on it.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.