• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just thought I'd bring this one back. The website still hasn't been fixed and the season starts in 3 days, what an absolute joke!

BTW that quote was from November 4 last year...

On a personal note, Swat, I wish you had left this alone. I just got hugely angry all over again and it really is a waste of my energy. Until someone appoints a General Manager with the balls to clean out the deadwood and to set up a proper operation it will never be fixed. In a separate discussion I had with Matt last year he told me that G&GR links in with the Media Liaison Manager (or some similar title) and he didn't know if they had a Marketing Manager. If they haven't got one its almost beyond belief. That person would be/should be virtually the number two person in the organisation, the role is that important. If they've got one and he's never spent time with G&GR people then they haven't really got one, he's just warming the chair.

This key role would bear overall responsibility for membership, media liaison, advertising, that part of the NSW site that's devoted to Super rugby, fan days, promotions etc. Any operation that links in with the Tah customers should be under his control. His operational raison d'etre is to enhance the experience of the customer base. What major company doesn't have one? What major company would allow their staff to be represented to the customers in a competitor company's uniform? And for more than six months??? It passes all understanding. Next thing Pretorius will run out on Saturday night in a Cheetahs jersey to save a few bob!

Eight thousand members. I reckon on that basis that average crowds will be about double the membership. And that will be financially disastrous. The only thing that might save them is the way the team goes. A good season might just save the day but only one team out of fifteen has a really good year. You have to have a set-up and a relationship with your fans (customers) that transcends those years when you don't win. That's what marketing to your customers is all about.

Rant over. Where's the tranquilisers?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
On a personal note, Swat, I wish you had left this alone.
I'll leave it alone when they learn to sort their shit out. I've already had a go at them over facebook over their appalling marketing. Also, you're bang on about how important it is though, I've seen local clubs that have websites that are more up-to-date than the tah's.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
On this topric.. I happened to meet the Red's Event Manager (I think that was what she was called) at the RWC. I had a chip at her because there were a feww things on the reds website and marketing materials that was always a problem, i.e. links not working, stuff not up to date etc. She was very sympathetic, more then she needed to be since it was in a pub in Wellington, and from what she said I got the feeling that the ARU (or perhaps Super Rugby) actually control the content and maintenance on the websites. At the time I thought WTF? But now I am thinking that it might be true. Can anyone confirm or deny? Not making excuses for the Tahs, but maybe it is not all their fault and your roth needs to be directed elsewhere.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Is that the "intern" marketing person's job?
Everything that need to be said about the Tahs is summed up in the Finger Twins thread: the Reds have 28,000 members to the Tahs 8,000.
They market like a joke and we Sydneysiders treat them accordingly
I spoke to to Jason Allen at the fan day on saturday, the Waratahs currently have around 17,000 members. Added to that, he said that the Waratahs were the only team that counted actual members instead of other amounts published which are not the true indications.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I spoke to to Jason Allen at the fan day on saturday, the Waratahs currently have around 17,000 members. Added to that, he said that the Waratahs were the only team that counted actual members instead of other amounts published which are not the true indications.[/quote]

Huh????? and Huh?????

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
In Bris, Suncorp game tickets include public transport to and from the game. Has been that way since the redevelopment years ago and is absolutely great. Main thing is that it means people don't drive. I am surprised that this doesn't happen elsewhere?

This is Sydney - we dont have public transport

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I spoke to to Jason Allen at the fan day on saturday, the Waratahs currently have around 17,000 members. Added to that, he said that the Waratahs were the only team that counted actual members instead of other amounts published which are not the true indications.

I was thinking of living ones - its not fair to count all the people who have ever been members: hell, I was a member once until my then 5 year old asked me why we couldn't follow a decent team after they had a humiliating loss to the 'canes at the SFS

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Do you not get free public transport to and from the game at SFS?

On the topic of memberships - the tahs either dont care enough or are too arrogant an organisation to do what the reds are doing and reach out to the community.

I saw a bunch of islander kids doing a impromptu flashmob dance in queen street mall the other day to build publicity for the rookies to reds program.

To put that in perspective, how likely would it be that the tahs would be able to get a quite sizable bunch of kids from western sydney to go into pitt street in the middle of the day decked out in blue shirts and do a choreographed dance in order to launch a grassroots expansion program to take on the AFL's auskick. When pigs fly.....

Whilst not up to the same standard of young kids doing flash mobs, the Tahs have been getting out to surf clubs and other community groups over the summer.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I'll leave it alone when they learn to sort their shit out. I've already had a go at them over facebook over their appalling marketing. Also, you're bang on about how important it is though, I've seen local clubs that have websites that are more up-to-date than the tah's.

It's unbelievable that with less than a week to go, the Tahs still have not updated the player profile pictures. If all the other Aus teams can manage to do it, what's going on at Tah HQ?

...I got the feeling that the ARU (or perhaps Super Rugby) actually control the content and maintenance on the websites. At the time I thought WTF? But now I am thinking that it might be true. Can anyone confirm or deny? Not making excuses for the Tahs, but maybe it is not all their fault and your roth needs to be directed elsewhere.

That wouldn't be surprising as the Wallabies, Super Rugby and Aus Super Rugby Team websites all have the same layout/format. Still no excuse not to have 2012 player pics locked and loaded.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Looks like the tahs are starting to listen to me after posting all over their facebook page. They've added the EPS players photo's and Alcock's has been changed to the 2012 jersey. They must be in the process of updating it now. Pretty unfortunate that they are still listed as the 2011 playing roster on the team page and the photos are all from the 2010 season.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It can't get any worse than last years Brumbies site which didnt update most of the roster and still listed players that were at the Rebels..

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Looks like the tahs are starting to listen to me after posting all over their facebook page. They've added the EPS players photo's and Alcock's has been changed to the 2012 jersey. They must be in the process of updating it now. Pretty unfortunate that they are still listed as the 2011 playing roster on the team page and the photos are all from the 2010 season.

Just noticed that more of the player pics are updated on the website. Better late than never....maybe that should be the Tahs slogan. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.