• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Don't have enough memory of 2009 and before to put up specific incidents. I think the Crusaders will get the better of the calls today because of their predicament. Not saying the ref will look to favour them but having 4 Kiwis as the refs doesn't leave much to chance.
Then you might want to check out one of the many excellent stats sites available to see how the 2 teams have generally gone against each other...over the previous 13 years or so.
In Super 14 games alone the Saders won 9 of 11 and averaged 32 to 22 points per game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
“The harder you work, the luckier you get.” Gary Player

The Crusaders are a great side with a fantastic work ethic off the ball and that is why they are so "lucky". They work harder and smarter to get into positions to leverage opportunities, and then their training has them generally taking the right option.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Then you might want to check out one of the many excellent stats sites available to see how the 2 teams have generally gone against each other...over the previous 13 years or so.
In Super 14 games alone the Saders won 9 of 11 and averaged 32 to 22 points per game.

I think injuries have been cruel to us in recent Sader games. I strongly believe we would've won the GF is Beale and Vicks didn't go off. Likewise Palu and TPN last year. Don't think it's correct to say the Saders have been that dominant against us recently. Our first half against them last year was brilliant. We showed excellent patience and defence.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
i made my point. i was winding you up.
your the worst tah fan ever.
the real story is the crusaders have robbed the tahs blind on many many occasions, the offside call as mentioned, the injuring of beale illegally and behind play int eh grand final that he was controlling, i was there, we had it in the bag.
then there were those other times, ive put them in the dark damp space behind my rose coloured eyes, but im pretty sure at least 80% of the games the tahs should of won had it not been for Mccaw cheating or dan carter and his advertised undies kicking rediculous goals from all parts of the field.

so when you read that and get confused byt he lack of punctuation, point or clarity, i think its pretty obvious that matter of fecal is coming from your mouth, tissue?
Your windups are becoming pretty repetitive and formulaic, WJ. Maybe you want to change the template? And I thought you had sky-blue tinted eyes?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Your windups are becoming pretty repetitive and formulaic, WJ. Maybe you want to change the template? And I thought you had sky-blue tinted eyes?

repetitive? then why did rex hunt have to tell me to release you?
so so full of crap. Tahs are awesome, logic shouldnt come into it.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That will do WJ. Enough is enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few injuries to deal with after this game. Last week was brutal and this week promises to be similar. I just hope nothing serious. The bye is coming at the perfect time I think.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)

Back tot he game, I think the last 20 will be where this game is really won and lost. The Crusaders got run down by the Blues and noticeably hit the wall in the second half. With all the events of the last week I wouldn't be surprised if the adrenalin and emotion runs out around the 60-minute mark, and they really start to feel it. A late Tahs comeback on the cards perhaps?

Hmmm...I am going with the Tahs, but not with much certaintity. I think you are right that the Crusaders will start very fast, hard and aggressively and then start to falter. As long as the Tahs don't get too far off the pace the game will be there for the taking. It will be interesting what the Tah's game plan will be. They will need to counter the Crusaders' start and be composed and defensive. And in this case I think the best way to defend could be by attacking from the start.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few injuries to deal with after this game. Last week was brutal and this week promises to be similar. I just hope nothing serious. The bye is coming at the perfect time I think.

I'm really worried. I think there will be one major injury and 3 that requite several weeks off after this game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Hmmm...I am going with the Tahs, but not with much certaintity. I think you are right that the Crusaders will start very fast, hard and aggressively and then start to falter. As long as the Tahs don't get too far off the pace the game will be there for the taking. It will be interesting what the Tah's game plan will be. They will need to counter the Crusaders' start and be composed and defensive. And in this case I think the best way to defend could be by attacking from the start.

I think the Tahs don't want to get sucked into playing how they don't want to, if you get what I mean. They have often lost the collisions against the Crusaders, and if they can show up at the breakdowns like they did last week, they will be a long way to winning this game. Trust their (good) defence. And shut down SBW and get him out of his comfort zone. Don't get suckered in to playing high risk stuff. I think their basic structures are good enough to win. The big "if" for me is whether the Crusaders play a level higher than otherwise, running on the emotion of the game and situation.

T

territorian

Sarah had been in the kitchen all afternoon preparing a wonderful and romantic dinner for her loving husband Geoff.
Just before Geoff arrived home she had bathed her two adorable and impressionable children, Vanessa and Robbie and put them to bed a tad earlier than usual.
Suddenly she was distracted from the final dinner preparations by the pained cries of the children. Quickly she rushed to their darkened bedroom to find them standing in their cots screaming in sheer terror. As she comforted them they blubbered that they had been awakened by a loud and deafening thudding noise.
Sarah knew instantly what the problem was and consoled the two children.
There, there she cooed. It’s all OK. It’s only the sound of the Waratahs coming back to earth. You’ll get used to it after a while. Australian rugby teams do that every now and again.
Gradually the children drifted off to sleep but ever wary of hearing that sound again. They really hoped they wouldn’t hear it again but their mother’s words disturbed them greatly. Just how many times does it take before we get used to it they thought to themselves. This didn’t sit well with them as a similar thing had happened the week before as the Queensland and Brumbie sides had also succumbed in a similar fashion.
From now on, sleep for the children would be forever fraught with fear and dread of failure.
Not a nice thought for young children to confront so early in life.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
You would have to question the decision to let Phil Waugh play injured. He was fairly anonymous during this game, even considering how well the Crusaders forwards were playing, although not the difference between winning & loosing. Tahs have a few injury worries after this game by the looks of it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Waugh anonymous? Go watch again. I saw Waugh trying to disrupt virtually every ruck he could possibly get to. Always the first one to chase the ball.
Problem was, he can only get to so many, and was palpably slower in that endeavour than before. When he did get there, he was blown away by superior numbers. I don't think he was at his best, and the arm cannot have helped him, but he tried hard. Others were anonymous.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Problem was, he can only get to so many, and was palpably slower in that endeavour than before. When he did get there, he was blown away by superior numbers. I don't think he was at his best, and the arm cannot have helped him, but he tried hard. Others were anonymous.

That sums it up well cyclo. Having watched last weekends game (a painful experience..) and this one, I didn't notice him anywhere near as much as I did last week. Having picked the tahs on Superbru I was watching more closely than I normally would a tahs game.

Still got through a reasonable amount of work, but you would question whether the tahs would have been better served with Alcock running on. The guy is tough as nails to be playing after his biceps injury, and I respect him for that, but why compromise the side by playing him injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.