• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Finally thought of a witty comment for the Tahs win last week; "We are Red (faced)".

Yeah, I didn't really like it either...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Actually, that 60 min highlight has been the only replay I've seen since being at the game now, but I don't think the Reds (or the Tahs) got the rub of the green at all from the ref. Bryce Lawrence was just random, as usual, with incorrect or harsh penalties going both ways. When the Tahs play like that, though, they can largely remove any impact from the ref from the game.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
TC is reaching the zenith of his 4 year plan. First 3 years, never pass the ball and go hard into contact. Year 4, just when everyone thinks you will take the tackle - throw the quick late pass.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Agree smartarse. TC is playing the long con, and boy is it paying dividends.

It will only get better when he unleashes his left foot step in 2013.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
TC is reaching the zenith of his 4 year plan. First 3 years, never pass the ball and go hard into contact. Year 4, just when everyone thinks you will take the tackle - throw the quick late pass.

I think he plays a role and follows orders, he is now told to pass so he does, I expect previously he told to suck in defenders and present the ball for the next phase.

Just as I remember Baxter was told by an Aus coach never to pass, ever

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Let's not be too hasty. I think the chip and chase is due out in 2015. The drop goal is scheduled for 2017 IIRC.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Actually, that 60 min highlight has been the only replay I've seen since being at the game now, but I don't think the Reds (or the Tahs) got the rub of the green at all from the ref. Bryce Lawrence was just random, as usual, with incorrect or harsh penalties going both ways. When the Tahs play like that, though, they can largely remove any impact from the ref from the game.

Maybe you're right for last week, though I really think Lawrence had something to do with the small 10 point margin at half time, given the total domination the Tahs showed. A score of 30-0 would have reflected the balance of the game. But we won the five points so I was/am a very happy man. My worries are for this week, especially since the Crusaders seem to always get the rub of the green when playing the Tahs, home and away.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
dunno about that, the first time the Reds cleared the ball, the Tahs got 3 points.

It goes either way and most of the penalties against the Tahs were from intentional bad, lazy ruck work and deserved

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Maybe you're right for last week, though I really think Lawrence had something to do with the small 10 point margin at half time, given the total domination the Tahs showed. A score of 30-0 would have reflected the balance of the game. But we won the five points so I was/am a very happy man. My worries are for this week, especially since the Crusaders seem to always get the rub of the green when playing the Tahs, home and away.

Yeah, I really didn't see that. Reds had a lot of ball in first half.
And I don't think the Crusaders have been inordinately lucky over the years, I think they generally have been clearly better than the Tahs.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
then your full of crap.

Please explain, WJ? You think the Tahs have been just as good and only lost because the Crusaders got dodgy decisions in their favour?
I'd love to see the reasoned argument, rather than telling me I'm full of crap!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Please explain, WJ? You think the Tahs have been just as good and only lost because the Crusaders got dodgy decisions in their favour?

Was Beale offside?
Fotuali'i clearly dropped the ball over the line.

These were not 50/50 calls.

R

Richard D. James

Seems to be a bit of a side issue though, the reffing. It all evens out in the end. The tahs just haven't been good enough to put the Saders away.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Was Beale offside?
Fotuali'i clearly dropped the ball over the line.

These were not 50/50 calls.
And the rest of the history between the Tahs and Crusaders? If you make an argument based on a marginal offside call and a bad TMO decision that you think reflects the pattern over many games, you are clutching at straws...badly.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)

calm your hormones, i just hadnt said anything for a while and was worried about becoming irrelevant.

plus i thought you were talking shit.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And the rest of the history between the Tahs and Crusaders? If you make an argument based on a marginal offside call and a bad TMO decision that you think reflects the pattern over many games, you are clutching at straws...badly.

Don't have enough memory of 2009 and before to put up specific incidents. I think the Crusaders will get the better of the calls today because of their predicament. Not saying the ref will look to favour them but having 4 Kiwis as the refs doesn't leave much to chance.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
calm your hormones, i just hadnt said anything for a while and was worried about becoming irrelevant.

plus i thought you were talking shit.
And again, you haven't actually made a point, just repeated your assertion that I'm full of shit. Feel free to actually make some sort of reasoned statement at any time, rather than a provocative soundbite.
Amazing run of luck those Crusaders had to win all those titles...

Status
Not open for further replies.