• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
or perhaps they decided there was a better use of their time with less than a week to go before the season starts

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
thats what im saying, the brumbies did the old one they have had nothing to do with the new one whatsoever leaving them like there coaching and game plan, well behind the times.

The Brumbies video was kinda funny...

The Tahs one is pretty lame... but that's probably because the AB's Summer Special was a bit lame too...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
thats what im saying, the brumbies did the old one they have had nothing to do with the new one whatsoever leaving them like there coaching and game plan, well behind the times.

Brumbies did theirs last year, days after the ABs posted theirs.. how could it possibly relate to a new video posted 5months later? :confused:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Brumbies did theirs last year, days after the ABs posted theirs.. how could it possibly relate to a new video posted 5months later? :confused:

:nta: keep up to date, it was made after their summer edition

[video=youtube;uZx7dxz2CUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZx7dxz2CUU[/video]

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
McAffrey broke his leg in the Shute Shield semi last year. I saw him at the Nowra trial and he wasn't on crutches but he sure had a skinny leg. I think he's a while away.

Here's my pick:

15: Beale 14:Mitchell 13:Horne 12: Carter 11: Turner/Pakalani (depending on Turner's leg) 10: Barnes 9: Burgess 8: Mowen 7: Waugh 6: Dennis 5: Douglas 4: Mumm 3: Baxter 2: TPN 1: Keputhen:
16: Fitzy 17: Fatcat 18: Timani 19: Alcock 20: McKibbon 21: Hangers 22: Cross
Timani or Dennis can both cover lock if there is an injury there.

That's the team I'd like to see too Topo. I think bringing Fatcat back through the reserves bench would help him adjust plus we would get to see Kepu scrummaging against Weeks, which would be a good guide to our depth. From the reports Kepu is scrumming pretty well, both in the last couple of Shute games and in the trials. Interestingly, it would pit two props who Deans doesn't rate against each other.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Not lacking originality and creativity by simply ripping off someone elses ideas?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Not lacking originality and creativity by simply ripping off someone elses ideas?

more TPN in any context is a win no matter what in my opinion.

the brumbies doing something really is like the old tree falling in the forrest and no ones round to hear it question.

T

TOCC

more TPN in any context is a win no matter what in my opinion.

the brumbies doing something really is like the old tree falling in the forrest and no ones round to hear it question.

well this tree has over 600'000 hits on youtube... must be a record for any australian rugby related video

T

TOCC

the whole thing is a take off of an old NFL advertising campaign from a couple of years ago anyway, so the all bloacks are taking it off to begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5cm_rqivo

im aware of this, im currently in the US and my NFL counterparts have pointed this out numerous times....
Its dubious as to whether the NFL can really lay claim to the idea either, basketball and surfing were the pioneers apparently.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
havnt seen the basketball ones, the nfl ones where great, ive heard there is an english football one as well but cant find it on the tube of you.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
there was an old Larry Bird and possibly Magic Johnson one where they were calling shots, and making them.

"From the three point line, left handed. Nothing but net" and then they'd do.

Obviously they got more and more ludicrous as the challenge went through.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
here it is, obviously they didn't have the type of computer technology they have these days.

[video=youtube;_oACRt-Qp-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oACRt-Qp-s[/video]

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
It just seems a bit cringe worthy I reckon - it was funny when the Brumbies did it in response, now the Tahs are basically using the same joke...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
if TPN doesnt have his own talkshow by round 2, then super rugby is never going to be worth it.

"CHILLIN IN THE FROZONE with TPN" should be the Tahs number one priority far ahead of winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.