• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
PS I thought that Hickey would give Damien some starting games against the Cheetahs and Lions - and in one one them I remember that TPN had a niggle. It made sense to rest TPN, but some of Hickey's selection and bench use strategies last year were not stellar.

Not stellar???!!! Lee, you are the master of understatement.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah.

The ARU only recognises Super results going back to '96.

The 'Super' competition that exists before that is not connected to the tournament that began in '96...

But Reds fans can continue to hang onto their insignificant results...

thanks. You sound like a South Africa about pre-1992 RWCs. "We weren't playing so it doesn't count!"

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Brumbies horror injury run in some of those seasons really disrupted their run to the finals...

What's interesting is they spent the entire 2006 season in the top 4 and dropped to 6th after the last round...

But, can't make excuses...

Anyways, the Brumbies are still the most successful Super rugby team in Australia... They have two titles... the rest of the Australian teams have none...

And during those years when the Brumbies were dominating we still had to put up with the NSW PR claiming that the Tahs were the best team...

Continue on... :p

Andy Friend didn't say they were the most successful, he said they were the best.
Applying the Friend Equation, Aus and Sth Africa are the equal best teams in the world, which clearly they are not.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
The Tahs are the most successful team in recent history. They've got to the most finals and finished the highest out of all the Aus team. They'll do the same this year too.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Tahs are the most successful team in recent history. They've got to the most finals and finished the highest out of all the Aus team. They'll do the same this year too.

That makes them your classic chokers and no different to the Reds before they fell into their slump. Neither are causes for bragging rights.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
So the general consensus is that all the Australian franchises are crap but have had moments of brilliance.

Except for the Rebels but that is only because they haven't proven themselves yet.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So the general consensus is that all the Australian franchises are crap but have had moments of brilliance.

Except for the Rebels but that is only because they haven't proven themselves yet.

Yep, the Tahs are less crap lately than others

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Posted some similar comments on the Brumbies thread, but its pertinent here too. Alexander is being guaranteed a THP role next year at the Brumbies, which pushes Palmer back to third position behind Ben and Maafu. If the Fuse retires at the end of the year, the Tahs will have no top notch THP, just a couple of converted looseheads. With (hopefully) a change of coach maybe we can entice Palmer back through the Brumbies agreeing to let Palmer go from his second contract year on the grounds that they've changed the ground rules.

Hope springs eternal.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

There is only one team in the Super comp that doesn't carry the same or worse baggage and its across the dutch.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Posted some similar comments on the Brumbies thread, but its pertinent here too. Alexander is being guaranteed a THP role next year at the Brumbies, which pushes Palmer back to third position behind Ben and Maafu. If the Fuse retires at the end of the year, the Tahs will have no top notch THP, just a couple of converted looseheads. With (hopefully) a change of coach maybe we can entice Palmer back through the Brumbies agreeing to let Palmer go from his second contract year on the grounds that they've changed the ground rules.

Hope springs eternal.

Where did you hear this Hawko? I hope Palmer has a get out clause in that Pony contract for the sake of Oz Rugby. I do not rate Ma'afu at all and if he continues to play LHP Alexander should not be considered at Th for Oz. We need our best scrummaging props getting Super game time. It appears Palmer will not get that at the Ponies.

If they have guarenteed Alexander the TH position they will need to recruit some LHPs to the squad to cover for Jerry Y. or in place of.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Where did you hear this Hawko? I hope Palmer has a get out clause in that Pony contract for the sake of Oz Rugby. I do not rate Ma'afu at all and if he continues to play LHP Alexander should not be considered at Th for Oz. We need our best scrummaging props getting Super game time. It appears Palmer will not get that at the Ponies.

If they have guarenteed Alexander the TH position they will need to recruit some LHPs to the squad to cover for Jerry Y. or in place of.

Terrible, terrible scrummaging Prop. If Palmer is stuck behind this clown then he should be looking elsewhere as soon as possible.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

See Brumbies thread. Extract from an article in the Australian newspaper with direct quotes from Friend.

T

TOCC

i dont think its necessarily the players fault, some of the blame needs to be laid at the feet of the coaches involved

O

OLDDOG

gonna be good seeing the tahs touched up by the reds this year, long overdue !!!!!!! dangle dangle .....

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Reading the review from Josh Rakic on the Tahs V Force trial it appears the strength and conditioning work the Tahs Pigs have done may well be showing a bit of fruit with big games from significant members in TPN, Douglas, Mowen, Palu and Waugh.

Anybody actually see the game or got highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.