• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nobody will ever acuse me of being fickle. I have the integrity of consistancy. On the bright side it will allow me to endless subject matter with which to provide hours of enjoyable reading for you.

I'll give you that, you don't waver. :)
What if he gets us to win something this year? Now that'd be a pickle.
And agree with others on the Barnes thing - good news.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
awesome news. He is one I was resigning myself to losing back to league or overseas.

You weren't the only one thinking that.

sookface, applauded for mediocrity,...
Berrick+Barnes+Munster+v+Australia+cjw-yF1c07Cl.jpg

Hahaha gold. Got a finer description recently. Paris Hilton (and
I think it was Krumpet who said that)

Best news of today.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Waratahs have long been a good team, with genuine title aspirations. But I have a feeling this is going to be their year. I think this year could be the year that the Tahs finally break their Super Rugby title drought, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, they have an excellent squad. They've always had strong squads, and this year is no exception, with no less than 15 test capped players in their squad. These players are complemented by some of the best young up-and-comers in Australian rugby. Clearly they have the talent to win the competition.

Secondly, they have a decent draw. They aren't playing the Hurricanes or Stormers during the regular season, two of the more highly rated teams in the comp. They also meet the Crusaders whilst McCaw is still out injured.

Equally, I think in a RWC year, some of the top Kiwi and South African players will be managed and given reduced workloads in terms of games, and many of these stars may also have their minds on other things than Super Rugby. If players are thinking about the RWC and not fully concentrating on this comp, than a team like the Waratahs could pounce.

Lastly, I think the timing is right for the Tahs. Payers like Phil Waugh won't be around after this year, and his leadership and experience will be important if they are to go all the way. Also, Wallaby players like Mitchell, Burgess and Beale were looking to be in career best form late in 2010, and should really dominate on the Super Rugby stage this year. With a well balanced team, a decent draw and a hunger to win the title, I wouldn't be at all surprised of 2011 was the year of the Waratah.

T

TOCC

Ewen_McKenzie Ewen McKenzie
Courier Mail today - "Berrick shuts gate on the Reds" no one bothered to ask if the Reds actually wanted him - complete journalism?

lol, love link's work

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Thanks, but my original intention was to code it all in html - for future reference, and to get myself to remember how to code it.

Mate, I have a bunch of domains where you could have a subdomain for free, e.g. http://www.isnapp.net. Your url would be in the format <something>.isnapp.net. The only downside is they may not be permanent: I might not renew a domain if it ceases to be of use to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.