• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
how is that obvious,
alot of the play there is from broken play, carter is used as the kick chaser so is up field having tried to charge down. when he is back he is cleaning out like a machine, getting over the advantage line, backing up or being used as a decoy. this would pretty much be every function you could possible use someone for isnt it?

This is the point of Carter, I suppose. He chases, he cleans out, he gets over the advantage line, he is a decoy runner.

However, if these are all the tasks a back performs, then you are Chris Hickey and I claim my bonus bottle of molasses. :)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
sorry, so he doesnt perform the duties of a back, yet the tahs beat all the australian teams last year and made the finals with a player who is unable to perform anything required?

wow, how shit are QLD, ACT and whoever that other team is?

W

WB3

sorry, so he doesnt perform the duties of a back, yet the tahs beat all the australian teams last year and made the finals with a player who is unable to perform anything required?

Can you please tell me what your avatar says? I can't read it and I've been trying really hard.

As for TC, can we move on? Most of us think he is rubbish (to varying and often exaggerated degrees) and some think he is good (also to varying and often exaggerated degrees) but no amount of TC shit/sugar will make the Tahs win/lose the tournament. There's 21 other blokes on game-day and the coaches etc to consider as well.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Can you please tell me what your avatar says? I can't read it and I've been trying really hard.

As for TC, can we move on? Most of us think he is rubbish (to varying and often exaggerated degrees) and some think he is good (also to varying and often exaggerated degrees) but no amount of TC shit/sugar will make the Tahs win/lose the tournament. There's 21 other blokes on game-day and the coaches etc to consider as well.

disagree totally.

he is awesome.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Slide1.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

By that logic the entire Waratah XV should be the Wallaby XV...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What the video showed to me was how good Ron Horne is.

It also showed how good the Tahs backs can be when they click. How many games did Drew Mitchell show that level of commitment in defence. The whole back line sang in that game.

Exactly... Carter was by far the least impressive performer in that backline...

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

The weakest player in a team will always have some faults, even if they are winning.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Ofa gone to the Brumbies Academy it seems.

Played for the Runners on Saturday. Went OK too and was probably the best prop on the ground in the Runners v Force A game - not that the props in the Force v Barbarians game later on were that stellar in the heat.

Maybe some changes have done him good: not in the Tahs Academy any more and moving from Gordon to the Beasts (sorry AD). I've been spruiking him for a few years without any real basis of comparison. Let's see how he goes if there are more Pony injuries.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Played for the Runners on Saturday. Went OK too and was probably the best prop on the ground in the Runners v Force A game - not that the props in the Force v Barbarians game later on were that stellar in the heat.

Maybe some changes have done him good: not in the Tahs Academy any more and moving from Gordon to the Beasts (sorry AD). I've been spruiking him for a few years without any real basis of comparison. Let's see how he goes if there are more Pony injuries.

I think Ofa would best be looking for a trip to the World Cup then a European contract.

He isn't young and it would be a shame to see a great career pass him by.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
French connection fails to woo Drew
Josh Rakic
February 9, 2011

DREW MITCHELL has shunned lucrative offers from French rugby clubs to commit to the Australian Rugby Union and Waratahs for a further two years.

Less than two weeks ago Mitchell was considering joining best mate Matt Giteau in France after the 2011 World Cup but further negotiations with the ARU convinced the 26-year-old to stay in Australia.

He is the third big name re-signing for the ARU in the past week, following the signatures of Brumbies stars Stephen Moore and Adam Ashley-Cooper. The Herald also understands Brumbies prop Ben Alexander will commit to the Wallabies today.

Status
Not open for further replies.