• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Lee Grant was saying something about Tom Alexander, Ben's brother; he did a lot of work today taking hit ups and doing plenty of tackling, and he might not be as tall as the other locks going around but he has a lot of ticker. Wouldn't be a bad buy for one of the Super teams either.

I thought he wasn't tall enough but he's listed at 195cms which is not giraffe size, but who knows what wing span he has? I don't think that Super teams need 2 giraffe locks these days. It's nice to have two of them but it's even more important for one of the locks to be a power player. Since Tom has the Alexander DNA he fits the bill IMO.

Team him with a giraffe.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Know his age Lee? Pair him with Douglas or Peterson, they're both pretty tall.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
He's 23 last I heard but he could have turned 24 since then. He's 113 kgs having trimmed down from 120kgs last January.

I don't think that the Tahs are looking for locks though with Caldwell, Jowitt and Douglas having contracts and Peterson in the pro academy.

You never know though: if Caldwell's illness hasn't resolved itself (and he hasn't been playing for Sydney Uni), Peterson could step up and someone like Alexander move into the stable - provided that's something he wants to do.

I will be interested to see how T. Alexander plays in the crunch finals matches coming up and I'd warrant that a few guys with clipboards will be too.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tah's must be hard up for members for next year. I just received an email asking if I would like to sign up. Never had any involvement with the NSWRU and been a proud Queenslander all my life. Don't know why they would hit me up????

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tah's must be hard up for members for next year. I just received an email asking if I would like to sign up. Never had any involvement with the NSWRU and been a proud Queenslander all my life. Don't know why they would hit me up????

I think it is a program they are running to raise the standard of life to underprivileged folk who wouldn't normally have the opportunity to better themselves. :fishing

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think it is a program they are running to raise the standard of life to underprivileged folk who wouldn't normally have the opportunity to better themselves. :fishing

Haha but seriously Waratah membership numbers are pretty awful. They've been trying to fix it for a while.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BLOODY POACHERS!!! FIRST BERRICK (well after Jas, Canno, Greysie, Hewie, Lote, Dell, etc etc) NOW JETS? Do they have no sole?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Big member drive: prices are about the same in total last year, but with two more games.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
100 bucks for 8 games in cat 4 is an absolute bargin, 75 for a student, under ten bucks a game, pretty darn good price if you ask me.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
BLOODY POACHERS!!! FIRST BERRICK (well after Jas, Canno, Greysie, Hewie, Lote, Dell, etc etc) NOW JETS? Do they have no sole?

I may have to contact the QRU and see what they will offer me for next season. Otherwise I might have to mention my interest in becoming a member at Parramatta Eels even though the Reds were really good to me when I had a few run ins with the law.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
The NSW Waratahs have appointed former South Australian Motorsport Board (SAMB) boss Jason Allen as their new chief executive.

Allen spent the past two years as the SAMB chief executive, organising the annual Clipsal 500 V8 Supercars event in that time, and has also held several executive positions with Australian companies.

Allen, who begins his new role in early November, replaces Jim L'Estrange, who stepped down from the role in June.

"With Super Rugby moving into a new era in 2011 it's clear that there are some fantastic opportunities ahead for the Waratahs and I'll be looking to use my experience in major events, professional sport, sponsorship and marketing to help the organisation take advantage of those," said Allen in a statement.

"Ultimately, my role will be to ensure the squad and team management have everything they need to continue their success of recent times and that the fans have the best possible experience in supporting their team."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/waratahs-appoint-new-ceo-20100916-15dfw.html

Status
Not open for further replies.