• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
No Bruce we are no relation although i would be proud to be related to a wearer of the scarf haha

my schoolboy knowledge is limited to england and a bit of australia, a good friend of mine played for cranbrook for a year and he is now obsessed with aus schoolboy rugby.

We get the super 14, currie cup, tri nations on tv over here so i watch most of it.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
They could do worse than signing that big young beast from the NZ u20s side...but I'd still prefer they stick with home grown talent.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Beale should play at 15 for the next season and after RWC we might see a 9.Genia, 10. Cooper, 12. JOC (James O'Connor) , 13. Beale combo

Are you Bob Dwyer?

Also the game V Rebels is Friday the 18th of Feburary Shh... we aren't supposed to know yet...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
No Bruce we are no relation although i would be proud to be related to a wearer of the scarf haha

my schoolboy knowledge is limited to england and a bit of australia, a good friend of mine played for cranbrook for a year and he is now obsessed with aus schoolboy rugby.

We get the super 14, currie cup, tri nations on tv over here so i watch most of it.

Have you tried ABC's iView? It probably has some sort of regional lock out, but they post the Shute Shield TV Game of the previous weekend. Worth a shot.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
No to the point of personal trivia, nor to who is playing for the Tahs next year even, but Steve Mafi, formerly in the Tahs stable, has signed with the Leicester Tigers.

No a bad gig and if he can beef up and also show that he is good enough to get onto the park every now and then, he may come back ready for the Super15 in a couple of years time.

For "Steve Mafi" read "Sam Wykes"; similar players, and they used to have the same haircut.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Lee was steve mafi the dynamic second row with the afro in the 07 aus schoolboys side, the tigers dont even need second row depth they've got about 8 of them

DPK i'll look into it, thanks for the suggestion I can't see the fishpond vids so i might not be able to see the ones on ABC

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Yeah - that's Steve - or to use his proper name, Sitiveni - but I always figured him to be a lineout 6 if he played at the Super level - and the same for Sam.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
And Adam D'Arcy has officially joined Ulster. He's on the bench for the first Magners League game

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
No to the point of personal trivia, nor to who is playing for the Tahs next year even, but Steve Mafi, formerly in the Tahs stable, has signed with the Leicester Tigers.

No a bad gig and if he can beef up and also show that he is good enough to get onto the park every now and then, he may come back ready for the Super15 in a couple of years time.

For "Steve Mafi" read "Sam Wykes"; similar players, and they used to have the same haircut.

Considering he has now played for Tonga he would have to be a 'development player' wouldn't he?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Just watching the Shute Shield, Uni Vs Easts. Ryan Cross has been targetted by Uni all day and the result - 3 tries through the centres to Uni plus numerous breaks. I really cannot understand why the Tahs signed him.

Anton Levin scored 17th try for the season for the Beasts.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Uni looked pretty ominous in the second half especially. Although I support Uni, I would have been happy for someone to smack Tom Carter a little bit - he is a decent footy player but just ought to shelve all the carrying-on like a complete muppet routine.
Betham has some real toe.
Last try to Easts was a beauty.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What was your take on Cross Cyclo?

Got palmed off easily for Uni's first try and was absent in defence except for that one here he rushed up and put on a slightly high tackle to stop the Uni movement. If Cross missed Uni were in.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cross did little or nothing - never really beat a man, shovelled it on a few times. Not quite what you'd expect from a Wallaby 13 of recent past. There were about 10 more dynamic backs on the field than him.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Cross did little or nothing - never really beat a man, shovelled it on a few times. Not quite what you'd expect from a Wallaby 13 of recent past. There were about 10 more dynamic backs on the field than him.

Thats obviously why my mate has signed him. Couldnt have him actually sign someone decent could we now?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I went along to Eastwood vs Parramatta today; John Grant has some serious pace and is also pretty big. I hope he gets picked up for a Super team soon. Also, Damien Fitzpatrick has some seriously impressive handling skills. Parra kicked about 10 or so kick off's to him and every single one he took perfectly.

Lee Grant was saying something about Tom Alexander, Ben's brother; he did a lot of work today taking hit ups and doing plenty of tackling, and he might not be as tall as the other locks going around but he has a lot of ticker. Wouldn't be a bad buy for one of the Super teams either.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I went along to Eastwood vs Parramatta today; John Grant has some serious pace and is also pretty big. I hope he gets picked up for a Super team soon. Also, Damien Fitzpatrick has some seriously impressive handling skills. Parra kicked about 10 or so kick off's to him and every single one he took perfectly.

Lee Grant was saying something about Tom Alexander, Ben's brother; he did a lot of work today taking hit ups and doing plenty of tackling, and he might not be as tall as the other locks going around but he has a lot of ticker. Wouldn't be a bad buy for one of the Super teams either.

Did you say hi to my main man Taf?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Nice little interview with Greg Peterson in the latest clubrugby podcast.

He is asked if he is hoping to get a chance in the S15 from the academy and he said he is more interested getting his physical build up continued than playing for next year, nice attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.