• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Our players skills is a problem not just in nadolo case but in general. Even with players that make it at super15 level. Their not taught enough.
Really sad to see this guy go.

He's got raw ability and freakish athleticism that doesn't come along often. And is an excitement machine. Him leaving is an F for Fail for Oz rugby.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
He's got raw ability and freakish athleticism that doesn't come along often. And is an excitement machine. Him leaving is an F for Fail for Oz rugby.

He is heavier than Palu.

Also 2011 promos were done today, looks like it will be much the same as this year

http://yfrog.com/jugfzoj

Also Seilala Lam is killing it at 6 for the Wicks, the next Rocky IMO.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Also Seilala Lam is killing it at 6 for the Wicks, the next Rocky IMO

Pretty handy schoolboy and tough as nails.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
That is fucking good news. Timani is a beast.

I cannot believe we have 5 Super rugby franchises and they all dropped the ball on Nemani Nadolo.

Tahs wing/fullback - Trist & Pat Delitt have zero speed. A one legged banged up Mafi is preferable.

Yes your right Timani is a beast. The same Beast that could barely get a run at two other Australian franchises. Another case of being big but not being a good footballer.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don't know about him "not getting a run" at the Force, he was finally getting gametime off the bench when he left. I got the feeling he chose to leave and then never established himself at the Brumbies. As for why he left the Brumbies I would suggest game-time, but he isn't going to find any more of that at the 'Tahs.

I'm quite sure Douglas, Mumm, Jowitt and Caldwell all around next year? Not to mention big Peterson maturing.

Strange.

EDIT: Obviously if they are still around next year (are they still contracted??) Jowitt and Caldwell have big questions over their ability to put together a entire season next year, surely you wouldn't stake a career on that though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Any up and coming front rowers? I have been watching Tilse play club and hasnt exactly stood out from the pack yet? Any others?

Watch again, he surprised me greatly at the end of the S14 season. He scrummaged very well at LHP (he is playing THP for Uni) and has always had a good workrate

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Any up and coming front rowers? I have been watching Tilse play club and hasnt exactly stood out from the pack yet? Any others?

A good front rower often won't stand out of the pack, there are very few Alexanders and Robinsons out there.

Finding a good front rower is often about seeing how many tackles and carries they make in the tight and how many rucks they attend (and what they do in those rucks). Obviously scrums as well.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
d I believe it is the representative honours he is gaining in the schools program that has turned him around to really liking rugby as I remember he always had ambitions to play league.
QUOTE]

Not to mention the contract money!! Although I'm sure he has signed for the right reasons.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
d I believe it is the representative honours he is gaining in the schools program that has turned him around to really liking rugby as I remember he always had ambitions to play league.
QUOTE]

Not to mention the contract money!! Although I'm sure he has signed for the right reasons.

I reckon happenstance is more important than we think, he did well, got some recognition, got offered some money, the opportunity to travel and all of a sudden he like the game more.

R

rugbyfan

Yeah i thought Kepu had been carrying an injury or something, he is massive yet barely takes hitups, and plays the piano at the ruck..

Cyril Towers (30)
I think Tilse is much better at LHP than THP as he demonstrated in the S14 games he started. Unfortunately Jerry Yanuyanu only plays LHP so Tilsey is stuck on his non preferred TH side. The fact that he can play both competently is a feather in his cap though. And his work around the park is always good. A much under rated player.
I think Tetera Faulkner goes well at LHP for the Hobbits and I'm surprised no one has picked him up as he is only 21 or 22.
LG is a big fan of Eddie Aholelei (?spelling) at Manly and he looks pretty good to me as well. He rarely gets beaten at scrum time, but his workrate would need to improve to go to the next level.
Ofa goes OK but he's getting on a bit now and has had chances at Academy level without really kicking on.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I cannot believe we have 5 Super rugby franchises and they all dropped the ball on Nemani Nadolo.

What a spooky coincidence - maybe because he dropped so many balls himself, or chip kicked so much instead of running over folks.

Let's hope he comes back from France a professional footie player and not still a cartoon character. I wish him well.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So more importantly the Tahs for next season could be

1 Robinson
2 Nau
3 Baxter
4 Vickerman
5 Mumm
6 Mowen
7 Waugh
8 Palu
9 Burgess
10 Barnes
11 Mitchell
12 Carter
13 Horne
14 Turner
15 Beale

16 Fitzpatrick
17 Tilse/Kepu/Ryan
18 Douglas/Caldwell
19 McCutcheon/Dennis/McCaffrey
20 Holmes/McKibbon
21 Cross/Sidey
22 Brackin Karauria-Henry/Halangahu

I reckon you measure sides by their bench, that ain't bad ......................

Cyril Towers (30)
He pushed Kepu off the park a few months ago.
Actually when Uni played Randwick it was Paddy Ryan packing down against Kepu most of the day. Tilsey had him for the first 15 minutes but when big Jerry was injured early Ryan came on to THP and Tilse went to LHP. IMO Ryan got the better of Kepu and that was after a full game in 2nd grade as a warm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.