• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

well if a playing gig was what he wanted, i believe the reds tried to get him to sign in 2008 but he said no, or maybe they wanted NSWRU to release him but they said no, ah i cant remember

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
With Waugh as our beloved leader and playing long minutes, I can understand why, but he is bloody good.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
fatprop said:
With Waugh as our beloved leader and playing long minutes, I can understand why, but he is bloody good.

Waugh is utter shite and has nothing left. Who is our backup ?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
according to the 2009 it is:

David Dennis
Scott Fava

you have a lot of blindside back up.

god the tahs are stupid

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Beau has made those noises in the Manly Daily a couple of times now.

It seems puzzling, but there are other loosies in the Tahs system, such as Ben Coridas, a line out option, who Hickey may be more interested in. Mowen has also played a lot at 7 for Randwick, especially last year.

Beau is a top player and did well when Waugh was injured in 2008 but with Waugh re-signing and not too different a player from Beau, maybe a different kind of player appeals. I'm grasping at straws here as Beau is the Rats skipper and I can't think of too many negatives about him.

You never know - he could be as big a pain in the arse off the field as he is on it.

The great news is that he will be available for the 5th team. He could have disappeared with a longer contract.

S

Spook

Grandmaster Flash said:
Bummer about Robinson.

Btw, what did Tyrone Smith do to earn the red card and suspension?

Probably a tackle with no arms!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Been going OK in the games I have seen and particularly in the local derby against the Rats. Has been playing 13 mostly, which will do him no harm when being considered for higher honours. Playing one wider will broaden his skillset, especially on reading defences.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
naza said:
fatprop said:

Waugh is utter shite and has nothing left. Who is our backup ?

They moved Mowen there last season and they have Ben Coridas and Sam Latunipulu I guess

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
while there good back ups their not of the same class as beau (they might be in 2-3). beau is a match winner. if waugh goes down tahs lose a lot in that area.
we need a 5th team now.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It is no different at the Brumbies, who is the back up 7 now? Hoiles?

When you have an experienced and durable player, the back up always struggles for game time. In the end you end up losing a generation at the club.

Robinson should have gone two years ago. The Reds needed him and he was a bit player for the Tahs

Sam Latunipulu looks pretty good and was the Aus U20s openside and hopefully becomes the young gun.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Yeah Samson is a tough as nails short arse fetcher and plays like Waugh did at the same age.

A more experienced guy like Beau will be better if the Orc gets injured but IIRR Oz Super teams have to trim their squads for 2010; so it may be that the Tahs have taken a pragmatic approach and intend to call up players like Coridas and Sam from the professional Academy only when Waugh goes down.

Sam has done well to be playing 1st Grade regularly having just turned 20 during the season. What a pity we don't have a national domestic competition going on now to assess these fringe players better.

What's that you say? We used to have one?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
louie said:
fatprop said:
It is no different at the Brumbies, who is the back up 7 now? Hoiles?
yes it's different.
Henry Vanderglas

Bullocks, the Brumbies lost Julian Salvi.

Henry Vanderglas is as untried as anyone else

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
he played a lot of the bench this year, played 7s and done veryl well at club level. He is of the build and fitness to be a number 7. he is a natural number 7. We had something to filled the role salvi left. you don't

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i can understand keeping waugh for the tahs. what i cant understand is why the reds wouldnt go for him over braid. i now there a young team but this import rule is so stupid. braid was going to be gone anyway and beau would probably cost far less. i dont understand why he is there and i dont understand why we imported a winger? of all things, a freakin winger, we dont have anyone that can run fast.

i love beau, he is a beast and i hope he comes back and runs riot for one of the aussie teams as soon as possible.

i also think, if Waugh is only a back up for the Wallabies and deans isnt going to even give him a chance to get on the field then he should be given the option by the aru and tahs to explore overseas contracts, as much as he means to the tahs, he has given long service and deserves to be able to experience europe while he is still young enough to play. If he isnt going to be used a younger player can take his spot and build towards the future properly!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
louie said:
he played a lot of the bench this year, played 7s and done veryl well at club level. He is of the build and fitness to be a number 7. he is a natural number 7. We had something to filled the role salvi left. you don't

I was under the impression that Vanderglas is a 6 and Seilala Lam is the runner most likely to be the fetcher

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
he was signed out of the canberra comp as a 7 with a back up of 6 and 8. played all senior rugby there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
louie said:
he was signed out of the canberra comp as a 7 with a back up of 6 and 8. played all senior rugby there.

OK

He plays 6 at Randwick and has done all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.