• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratah Fan Forum

Waratah fan forum:

• Good idea

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Didn't a coach once say (I think it was Wayne Bennett) "When you start taking advise from fans it won't be long before you will be sitting next to them in the stands"

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, but the pack played "bigger"in those first two rounds than they have since. They were awesome in the first two games.

The pack has never been a problem. Maybe in the Cheetahs game but that was a one off. Even in the Blues, Crusaders games the pack was never dominated. The backs lacked defense.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i think its a good idea, that and the new show on fox> its like they are really trying to get in touch with their supporter base>
i wonder if the tah players could be seen at the club rugby games giving out free tix for games at the sfs on the same nights?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I don't see why this is a terrible idea, to be honest. A lot of posters are acting like the Tahs are putting forward this forum as the be all and end all of what needs to be done to fix the club. Where did you get that impression? Seems like they are doing something to at least try to hear from the fans. I'm ready to be immensely disappointed by fluff and dorothy dixers but why put a stake through the thing's heart before it even happens?

Oh, right, Waratahs fans LIKE the dismal, complaining part of our support... It's why we keep buying tickets! :D

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
If anyone is going can they ask

1) Why they have stopped playing like they did in the first 2 games of the year as if they recapture that form they could win the comp?

2) They made such a big song and dance at the start of the season about everyone being bigger and how much work they did in the gym do they now think that this may have been a mistake as Super Rugby calls for a more rounded athlete?

Yeah, but the pack played "bigger"in those first two rounds than they have since. They were awesome in the first two games.

The players were reported to be doing a lot of heavy strength work during the pre-season. How much have they been doing since the season started?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
1) Horne.

2) That was a beat-up. They don't look any bigger than other sides.

I think it was in relation to how big the players were previously. They made a big deal about it and it worked for them in those 2 games when they looked like world beaters.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
i think its a good idea, that and the new show on fox> its like they are really trying to get in touch with their supporter base>
i wonder if the tah players could be seen at the club rugby games giving out free tix for games at the sfs on the same nights?

Not sure if this would be the best preparation for a big game. I do understand where you are coming from though. Would be good if they had a presence at club games if they played on a Friday night (not sure if they do now).

I think the TV show will be good and I am looking forward to watching it. I have also changed my mind about the forum idea. It seems to have worked since it is a sell out (how many spots were there?). Any chance to engage with your supporter base is good.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was just confirmed too, any questions i need to ask?

NOTE: The Waratahs players, coaches and management have all been very kind to me in my various encounters with them (work experience, memberships etc...) and in return, I am not going to ask a negative, Tah-bashing question in public.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
ask them what they think the problem is, i like to know what they think is going wrong

G

GC

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

If Hickey can't answer that correctly he should be fired early.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I was just confirmed too, any questions i need to ask?

NOTE: The Waratahs players, coaches and management have all been very kind to me in my various encounters with them (work experience, memberships etc...) and in return, I am not going to ask a negative, Tah-bashing question in public.

Can I ask why you are going #1 Tah?

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
The question I'd like answered is this:

Are the back three kicking down the midfield because there is no support running back, or is no one running back because they know the back three are going to kick? Or worse still, is it a fitness issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.