• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratah Fan Forum

Waratah fan forum:

• Good idea

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
But how would you make space for him? I mean, we've got Anesi-the-1-cap-All-Black

Marquees can only sign for two years max, so that is another massive space needs filling...

Though considering Sos' quality the ARU may give dispensation for another year, solves both problems.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well, someone mentioned here earlier Kerr-Barlow the backup halfback from the Chiefs having an Oz parentage, the Tahs should go for him...

And Mike Todd from the Crusaders can be approached...am sure he would like to be in the starting line up all the time...

T

Tahfan

We need a big name marquee signing. I would be throwing bucketloads of cash at someone like Chabal, BOD or a high profile leaguie like Hayne. Someone you can build a marketing campaign around.

The problem is they dont have the money, even if they did I think of the names above only Hayne should / could be considered.

BOD has just resigned with IRFU and will never leave Ireland due to his wife's acting career and the favourable tax laws for athletes there.

Chebal is WAY past his best and would be a waste of money IMO.

Hayne I'd love to see in sky blue but wont leave league unfortunately

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i dont understand why the tahs, after they signed AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and suggested he would play at inside centre, only to have beale go and then say AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would be fullback, havnt had a word with JOC (James O'Connor), he is being corted by every australian team except the tahs. If they have approched him and been told he has no interest yet he has met with every other franchise then there is a major problem.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Why would a bloke who has said he will make his decision for football reasons wan't to go to the Tahs?

R

Red Rooster

Cheika is the man who could turn the Warathas culture around. He did it at Leinster where he turned a team that had all the talent in the world but no real winning culture into one of the top teams in Europe. Not sure if he would come back to Aus or if the NSWRU would pay what he wants but he would turn the Tahs into a force, no doubt about it.

He has failed to do it at Stade Francais - they have finished 11th in a field of 14 in his first season - lots of rumours and disatisfaction

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He has failed to do it at Stade Francais - they have finished 11th in a field of 14 in his first season - lots of rumours and disatisfaction

yeah I haven't followed European Rugby much this year, but saw this the other day and immediately thought that, given what's happen to previous coaches there, that Chieka might be in trouble. I guess it means he may well be available for the Tahs...should they want him.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
How long did kingi sign with the rebels? I've always like him as a 9, and has had some good touches at 14/15 this year as well. He'd be my first choice steal

T

Tahfan

True that but his first season at Leinster was not a success either, took him a couple of years to change the culture there. Also French rugby is a lot about bankroll hence why Toulon are now a strong side. Still think he would be a VERY good option for the Tahs, but also realise it has about as much chance as the brumbies 2011 side developing spine ;)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If anyone is going can they ask

1) Why they have stopped playing like they did in the first 2 games of the year as if they recapture that form they could win the comp?

2) They made such a big song and dance at the start of the season about everyone being bigger and how much work they did in the gym do they now think that this may have been a mistake as Super Rugby calls for a more rounded athlete?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
The HSBC Waratahs Fan Forum set down for Thursday 19 May is now at maximum capacity.

Registrations which are now received will be placed on a waiting list with applicants to be advised if a position is freed up.

All successful registrations will be contacted on Tuesday via email.

Status
Not open for further replies.