• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
For what its worth BH, I'd back your judgment and that of most people here over Greg Growden's any day of the week.

You should have seen the squad he predicted.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For what its worth BH, I'd back your judgment and that of most people here over Greg Growden's any day of the week.

You should have seen the squad he predicted.

I don't rate a lot of what Growden writes, but for all his seemingly outlandish speculation, he's on the money more often than most of the rugby journos.

He clearly has plenty of insiders who feed him information (and pies).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well Link has plenty of experience playing Beale at 10. In any case I imagine the 10 and 12 will be two of Foley, Beale and To'omua with the other on the bench.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Good luck to Cowan for getting his chance.
I wouldn't swap him for Robinson at Super Rugby level though.
Maybe its a case of Ewen knows what BR is capable of but interested to find out what Cowan has to offer in squad workouts.
Great squad selected.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't get the calls for Moore to captain. He's not going to play 80 every game, more like 60-70 mins if you follow recent Tests. Surely you want a captain playing 80.

Yeah, that's my biggest argument against Moore.

It doesn't make sense to have a captain that is one of the scheduled replacements.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'll be shocked if the captain isn't Hooper. He's the obvious stand out to me and I can't see a decent reason for anyone else. Seems to me the only reason against him is youth but McCaw captained his country at 22. Warburton got the captaincy for Wales at the WC, worked out pretty well.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not surprised to see fatcat left out, he isn't dominant under the new scrum rules and his work around the field whilst OK, is not better than the selected.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
There is also a good chance Gill could surpass him. Just because he is the best in his position today doesn't mean we should lock him in for the next 2 years, especially with the 7 jersey having so many good candidates. Even Colby has a small chance to surpass him.
:D:D:D:D your fkn kidding

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Look, there's only one man bearded enough to lead the Wallabies...........

_71570867_ausire.jpg

;)

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Thats a great team. Only Phipps isnt quite up to test level yet IMO. Oh and Horwill too.
Hmmm..... This is the first time in a number of years I have a real fear of losing the Bledisloe.

Status
Not open for further replies.