• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Anyone think Link might be thinking of Pushing Slipper to the THP, it's the only reason I could see picking 3 LHP and only 2 THP. I would have thought it would have been 3 THP (our weakest position) and 2 LHP (Slips and Sio with Alexander coming across if needed).

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeh I get the feeling that Slipper will be a LH/TH for the world cup. I'd feel more comfortable with Slipper at TH than Alexander

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Best case scenerio would be Sio at LH and Slipper at TH. in terms of impact round the field that would rival the allblacks front row (actually if you add Moore it would probably be more industrious than the kiwis)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Yeh I get the feeling that Slipper will be a LH/TH for the world cup. I'd feel more comfortable with Slipper at TH than Alexander
I just want too see how he'd go at THP in Tests

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Anyone think that Link is aiming for Beale at 10 in Attack and Dropping to the back on defence. With the Access of Evil being an attacking back 3 of Izzy, Speight Beale...

That would be quite scary..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe in September? But it will be interesting to see if Beale is the 10 if he defends at 10 or wings it.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Cyclo, Internet Explorer with Windows 7 Home premium. Wasn't there previously a command "reply to post", which no longer exists?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone think that Link is aiming for Beale at 10 in Attack and Dropping to the back on defence. With the Access of Evil being an attacking back 3 of Izzy, Speight Beale.

That would be quite scary..

Based on Link's response to a question on The Rugby Club tonight that Bernard Foley would still be in the squad if Cooper was fit and had been picked I think you'll find that Foley will be wearing the 10 jersey in the first test V the Froggies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Based on Link's response to a question on The Rugby Club tonight that Bernard Foley would still be in the squad if Cooper was fit and had been picked I think you'll find that Foley will be wearing the 10 jersey in the first test V the Froggies.
I dunno think he would have dropped Horne or McCabe for Cooper...

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
link discussing the selection of Ryan - "it's a technical exercise. There's some technique things, a few kinks that we need to iron out" -- fuck me that's gonna be a tough slog link

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm thinkin the fact that they'll be 3 rookie locks in the squad could really motivate Horwill to up his game. He is surely on notice that he could lose his spot in the 23 to the new blokes...hopefully that competition will bring the best out of the group

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
link discussing the selection of Ryan - "it's a technical exercise. There's some technique things, a few kinks that we need to iron out" -- fuck me that's gonna be a tough slog link
If he didn't believe, along with Blades' advice, that they could improve those aspects, I'm sure they would have ignored him completely.
Ryan has scrummed quite well before, but has fallen away markedly this year. I guess McKenzie and Blades see something above our pay grades. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.