• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I don't rate a lot of what Growden writes, but for all his seemingly outlandish speculation, he's on the money more often than most of the rugby journos.

He clearly has plenty of insiders who feed him information (and pies).

Yep, a rugby journo mate told me that for all his BS, Growden has the best contacts by miles. Doesn't mean his opinions are wise, just that when he has scuttlebutt it's very often correct.

Reactions: BDA

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
He (hopefully) will be Quirindi's third Wallaby, HJ!

KM ('Mac') Ramsay, #303, first cap 23/9/1936
David ('Carts') Carter, #666, first cap 29/5/1988
Sam ('SOD') Carter, #???, first cap, 2014??!!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep, a rugby journo mate told me that for all his BS, Growden has the best contacts by miles. Doesn't mean his opinions are wise, just that when he has scuttlebutt it's very often correct.

But gets very cranky when you call him on the incorrect scuttlebutt.............. I ignore every thing that he writes now because some of the stuf he writes, although true, has no place in journalism, let alone rugby journalism.

Rant done back to Wallabies 2014 - What a great squad!

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I see Growden has been touting Higgers as Wallabies captain. I cant see it on current form. He'd need a huge game this weekend to be considered a contender.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't see Higgers as a starter, and his leadership at the Rebels hasn't been too good this year............

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
He started off this season with a blinder. He was good last week. I agree he would not be in my starting 15 on current form but he has the ability to outplay Palu on Friday.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Is he Quirindi's second Wallaby?
Not yet. Wallaby "squad-member" is the new "tourist". When he gets in a matchday 23, he will be. I hope he does. I was a fan of Dave Carter. Tough as.
EDIT - and he'd be third, we stand corrected by @Mr Doug

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
I lost count how many times his 'sources' defied him in the last week. If there is any truth that he knows something occasionally, it is certainly drowned out in his BS. My assumption now is that it is entirely BS and he just shoots darts like everyone else, only he happens to get far less right than the average mug.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
For what its worth BH, I'd back your judgment and that of most people here over Greg Growden's any day of the week.

You should have seen the squad he predicted.

I think GG is a waste of space and refuse to go to ESPN for that reason.

However, to be fair GG's 15 included all of this squad.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Cyclo, firstly, why doesn't a post which I wish to reply to come up whenever I click on "reply"?

Re Dave Carter, you may not be aware that he went on to coach both Australia under 19s and Australia under 21s. He may have gone further but for the fact that he had to run several mixed-farming family properties, located in (IMHO), some of the best farming country in Australia!
I also must mention that great NSW town of Barraba, (north of Tamworth), home of Wallaby #589, Bill McKid, (a.k.a.'Billy the Kid').
Sam Carter's Mum Sue, (a.k.a.'Rat') [ne Ratliff], is a Barraba girl.
One of Mr Doug's last footy games (at the age of 30), was Quirindi v Barraba (reserve grade) played at Barraba with 4" of water across the field after heavy rain!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not that this could happen due to limited time but it would be nice if we could hold a Probables vs Possibles game, could be something like this

Probables

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Jones
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Hooper (c)
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Ashley-Cooper
15. Folau

Res: Charles, Cowan, Carter, Phipps

vs Possibles

1. Sio
2. Polota-Nau
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Skelton
6. McCalman
7. Hodgson
8. Higginbotham (c)
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Speight
12. Lealiifano
13. Horne
14. English
15. McCabe

Res: Smith, Ryan, Neville

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Unsure why Foley deserves consideration at 10, hasn't been overly impressive this year, and given the play of the Tahs backline surely Folau deserves to play at 10...hehe An axis of Genia, Beale, Cummins, To'omua, Kuds AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Folau - better balance and sum sting in defence IMHO :)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Not that this could happen due to limited time but it would be nice if we could hold a Probables vs Possibles game, could be something like this

Probables

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Jones
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Hooper (c)
8. Palu
9. White
10. Foley
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Ashley-Cooper
15. Folau

Res: Charles, Smith, Carter

vs Possibles

1. Sio
2. Polota-Nau
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Skelton
6. McCalman
7. Hodgson
8. Higginbotham (c)
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Speight
12. Lealiifano
13. Horne
14. English
15. McCabe

Res: Ryan, Neville, Phipps

Poor Pek Cowen makes the Squad doesn't make your Probables vs Possiables.

Status
Not open for further replies.