• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
No To'omua is, it's just we have no good inside centres..
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately Ewen had made it pretty clear he is going to be selecting To'omua at 12.

But ultimately I agree with him. Foley/To'omua is a stronger centre pairing than anything else we can come up with To'omua/?

Curse the Brumbies playing To'omua and Lealiafano wrong way around. 10 could have been Lealiafano.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately Ewen had made it pretty clear he is going to be selecting To'omua at 12.

But ultimately I agree with him. Foley/To'omua is a stronger centre pairing than anything else we can come up with To'omua/?

Curse the Brumbies playing To'omua and Lealiafano wrong way around. 10 could have been Lealiafano.
I agree Lealiafanos a great 10 but I guess before end of season tour To'omua was only ever seen as a 10 were Lealiafano could play either.. So changing a team that took you to a final isn't usually a great idea

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Few things

*Tatafu has been practising his line out throws from the looks of things
*Horne pressing for wallaby selection
*Link justified in not picking robinson and Ryan based on scrums
*Palu outplaying higgenbottom
*Beale showing why he shouldnt be 10 for wobs
*Hooper is a freak

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Few things
*Tatafu has been practising his line out throws from the looks of things
*Horne pressing for wallaby selection
*Link justified in not picking robinson and Ryan based on scrums
*Palu outplaying higgenbottom
*Beale showing why he shouldnt be 10 for wobs
*Hooper is a freak
but Foley did well

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Summed up perfectly. If the decision for Foley or Beale came down solely to attack I'd still prefer Foley.

When I think about Kurtley's strength's and weaknesses as a player I always come back to the conclusion his best position would actually be wing. Similar individualistic style to JOC (James O'Connor).

Not in the evidence of tonight's game.

Beale will be the wallaby 10.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Horne could be playing himself into a starting wing spot. Georgina Robinson mentioned he had something like 60 tackles for the season and hasn't missed one yet, would be about 70 now. If Link wants to hide Beale or Foley on the wing he'd be your man to defend at the 10 channel.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Time's up! The "biscuit tin" team of 2011 is: Elsom, Robinson, Moore, Ma'afu, Sharpe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Mitchell, Giteau ,Genia, JOC (James O'Connor), Cooper, Pocock, McCalman, Beale, Chisolm, Brown, Slipper, Mumm, S Fainga'a, A Fainga'a, Burgess, Barnes.

So, the six players from Robbie Deans' 2011 22 included in Link's 32 are:
Adam Ashley-Cooper, Kurtley Beale, Will Genia, Ben McCalman, Stephen Moore, and James Slipper!

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not in the evidence of tonight's game.

Beale will be the wallaby 10.
Id say quite the opposite, beale had some good touches but Foley ran the ball well and created space for others. His kicking game (general play) far superior. A big concern for wobs is who will kick goals.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If we select wingers on the basis of how many tackles they have made then that'll fucking just about do me.

? Hardly it's more a of tie-breaker thing. Horne's attack has been bloody good too. Very strong in contact, decent step and picked up a bit of pace. I'd still have Cummins and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) but Horne's really finishing the season strongly and Cummins defence wasn't that great early on (but improved).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Palu is probably the biggest mover in terms of Wallaby selection in the last couple of weeks. I think he'll be firming for Number 8. He's very effective.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
And without playing, White just put the halfback position beyond doubt as the only available goal kicking option.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah not a good one for Foley, that's for sure. Thankfully it didn't cost the game, and he can come back to Sydney and speak to Mehrts before they head over the dutch.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Didn't watch tonights game but I would back Link to get the best out of Beale at 10. If want to see his potential at flyhalf, McKenzie is the man to do it. Let's not forget that he was the Aussie schoolboy 10 with Quade cooper outside him.

It's a high risk option but against the French, it's probably a good time to give him a go, especially with To'omua being our best option at 12.

I should clarify that I still think foley should wear the starting 10 jersey, but I would like to see beale take the field at flyhalf at some point during the game

Status
Not open for further replies.