• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
So with this round over, on form and injuries id like to see this team

1.Slipper
2.Moore
3.Kepu
4.Simmons
5.Jones
6.Fardy
7.Hooper
8.Palu
9.Genia
10.Foley
11.Cummins
12.To'omua
13.Kuridrani
14.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15.Folau

16.Sio
17.TPN
18.Alexander
19.Skelton
20.Higgers
21.White
22.McCabe
23.Beale

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

1.Slipper
2.Moore
3.Kepu
4.Simmons
5.Jones
6.Fardy
7.Hooper
8.Palu
9.Genia
10.Foley
11.Cummins
12.To'omua
13.Kuridrani
15.Folau

16.Sio
17.TPN
18.Alexander
19.Skelton
20.Higgers
21.White
22.McCabe
23.Beale

So you're treating Horwill like Buck Shelford?
Not saying you're wrong.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
At least two Australian teams won this weekend, and those blokes probably enhanced their prospects of being named by Link. Quite a few lads performances over the weekend would not have helped their selection prospects.

Foley played well today, but it was "only" the Lions. To'omua may have the lead on the #10 jumper. #12 jumper will be a very very interesting selection.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

1.Slipper
2.Moore
3.Kepu
4.Simmons
5.Jones
6.Fardy
7.Hooper
8.Palu
9.Genia
10.Foley
11.Cummins
12.To'omua
13.Kuridrani
15.Folau

16.Sio
17.TPN
18.Alexander
19.Skelton
20.Higgers
21.White
22.McCabe
23.Beale

^^Agree except for White on form clearly ahead of Genia and 13 is still up in the air for me. Kuridrani has been average recently. Would still like to see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 if a winger puts their hand up in time.

Foley just played his way into 10 for me. His ability to play deep and flat to the line is excellent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
So you're treating Horwill like Buck Shelford?
Not saying you're wrong.

Might be the kick up the backside he needs. His form has been disappointing as has his leadership and Captaincy decision making. Is there something else going on with Big Kev? Hiding or carrying an injury perhaps?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Might be the kick up the backside he needs. His form has been disappointing as has his leadership and Captaincy decision making. Is there something else going on with Big Kev? Hiding or carrying an injury perhaps?

i reckon he's depressed - based entirely on body language.
So's genia.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

1.Slipper
2.Moore
3.Kepu
4.Simmons
5.Jones
6.Fardy
7.Hooper
8.Palu
9.Genia
10.Foley
11.Cummins
12.To'omua
13.Kuridrani
15.Folau

16.Sio
17.TPN
18.Alexander
19.Skelton
20.Higgers
21.White
22.McCabe
23.Beale

I like this side. I would swap genia for white and look for another option in place of Simmons. I don't think we have another option though

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Say what you want about Simmons' form but the Reds lineout has remained one of the best in the comp thanks to Simmons, and to a lesser extent Horwill. I dont think you can afford to leave both out of the starting side. Not only do you lose a lot of test match experience, but you lose that ability in the line-out. I'd keep Simmons for his line-out work and general work rate.

It's debatable as to whether White played better than Genia this round. Genia has won us a lot of test matches. He may not be in top form but he was pretty good on Saturday despite losing Cooper early in the game. White didn't play the house down enough to unseed Genia IMHO.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Never been a massive fan but you could do worse then Rob Horne on the wing, very good today and the whole time he has been there. doesnt have the out and out pace u like in a winger but can break a tackle and hits it at 100 mile a hour. bit in the mould of cummins actually.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Say what you want about Simmons' form but the Reds lineout has remained one of the best in the comp thanks to Simmons, and to a lesser extent Horwill. I dont think you can afford to leave both out of the starting side. Not only do you lose a lot of test match experience, but you lose that ability in the line-out. I'd keep Simmons for his line-out work and general work rate.

It's debatable as to whether White played better than Genia this round. Genia has won us a lot of test matches. He may not be in top form but he was pretty good on Saturday despite losing Cooper early in the game. White didn't play the house down enough to unseed Genia IMHO.
Does Higgers call the lineout for the rebels?

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
I like that side too BDA, although as others mentioned, I'd certainly be swapping the halfbacks. Rest looks spot on.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
true that is a massive bonus. Genia has his own points of difference.

Who is more likely to create a try from nothing? without a doubt its Genia.

Plus his passing game is still second the none.

I suppose it all depends. Will the loss of Cooper cause Link to play a more territorial game? If so you might go with White.

I wouldn't be shocked if White got the nod but Id go with Genia

Status
Not open for further replies.