• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

It wasn't an OBVIOUS eye gouge. If it was, Walsh wouldn't have watched it on the big screen and repeatedly asked the TMO trying to talk him out of the decision like he did.

In one frame it looked like it was potentially an eye gouge. Further investigation as part of the judicial process will determine if it is, and if so, hopefully EOD is adequately punished for it.

If it was, why didn't higgers complain when the penalty against them was awarded? If he felt so it would have seen a review due to the severity of the claim and likely resulted in a penalty in front of the sticks to put them in front.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
It wasn't an OBVIOUS eye gouge. If it was, Walsh wouldn't have watched it on the big screen and repeatedly asked the TMO trying to talk him out of the decision like he did.

In one frame it looked like it was potentially an eye gouge. Further investigation as part of the judicial process will determine if it is, and if so, hopefully EOD is adequately punished for it.

If it was, why didn't higgers complain when the penalty against them was awarded? If he felt so it would have seen a review due to the severity of the claim and likely resulted in a penalty in front of the sticks to put them in front.
perhaps he is "old school" what happens on the field stays on the field.
he also might of thought it pointless to try and get a ref change a decision and was concentrating on defending the line out.
and besides when the fuck does it have to be an obvious eye gouge ?, when the gougee loses and eye ?

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
look it was argey bargey in there probably a head butt from higgers as well, probably added to him not complaining. wasnt how I or alot of us would like to see game decided but tmo based on the pictures had every right to report.

Horwill will regret his words, ive been a big fan of his in the past, but he is not in a good place and it showed. Thought Higgers showed some class in the post match and looked generally sorry for his old team mates that it had been decided like that

T

Train Without a Station

perhaps he is "old school" what happens on the field stays on the field.
he also might of thought it pointless to try and get a ref change a decision and was concentrating on defending the line out.
and besides when the fuck does it have to be an obvious eye gouge ?, when the gougee loses and eye ?

To call a palm on a face an eye gouge is a long bow. As I've noted in one frame there is a potential eye gouge. His lower knuckles are bending up and his middle knuckles bending down. Is that part of a motion to gouge, or is that just part of the reality, that when two people are pushing against each other, using force you're actions may not be exactly precise? I'm not pouring over the footage like the judiciary will, so I don't know. I'm sure they will and act accordingly.

Perhaps he is old school, but to say he thought it was pointless to try and change his mind is a crock of shit. It's a serious accusation and any official who wants to be officiating the next week would certainly investigating. If he felt there was anything he could throw out there to change a potentially match costing penalty to a match winning one I'm pretty certain he'd try it. I fucking would.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I just can't see Sir Ruchie GOAT, JDV or any of the NH Test Captains carrying on in Big Kev's manner.

Did P O'Connell do a dummy spit after the extra conversion attempt granted to the NZRT in their game in November last year? The Irish have NEVER beaten NZ in about 100 years of trying.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I thought Higgers played pretty well yesterday. He was much more involved than previous rounds. Did some silly stuff but really made an impact on the game and played with mongrel, something we want from our players at test level. McCalman and Cottrell were also very good in a losing effort.

With Cooper gone there seems to be two main options To'omua/McCabe/Kuridrani or Foley/To'omua/Kuridrani.

I'd be happy with either but i agree with others that we are probably better off to keep the same 12/13 combo and make a straight swap for cooper.

For the first test I'd probably go with Foley and have McCabe & beale on the bench. move To'omua to 5/8 later in the game if Foley is unsuccessful

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Anything other than an open palm to the face deserves any and all punishment that comes its way.

His fingers were curled around the face, and one finger (I think the ring finger) goes along the socket, then descends.

It wasn't a punch, but to call it an open palm is completely disingenuous.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Keep your mits away from the eyes and there is no issue. a palm would generally involve a completely open hand which it was not. Dont think any of us will ever really know what intent was or whether it was 100 per cent a eye gouge the point I was making is that Horwill had no right to say what he did and no real reason eithier

T

Train Without a Station

I just can't see Sir Ruchie GOAT, JDV or any of the NH Test Captains carrying on in Big Kev's manner.

Did P O'Connell do a dummy spit after the extra conversion attempt granted to the NZRT in their game in November last year? The Irish have NEVER beaten NZ in about 100 years of trying.

Richie has been leading the most successful provincial and national teams in the world who have a production line of talent rolling through. Can't see him under immense pressure too often.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
So 32 man squad will be announced Thursday.
We know the players in the mix.

Props: slipper, Alexander, Longbottom, Sio, Kepu
Hookers: Moore, TPN, Charles
Locks: Simmons, Howill, Skelton, Jones, Carter
Backrow: hooper (c), Fardy, Hodgson, McCalman, Palu, Higgenbotham
Scrum half: Genia, White, Phipps
Fly half: To'omua, foley
Inside backs: Kuridrani, McCabe, Godwin, lealiifano
Outside backs: folau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), cummins, Beale

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Probably as above

Cottrell , Coleman, English, Robinson, T Smith, horne are probably the only others that would go close

phipps, goodwin or lealifano, horwill, longbottom the ones that could miss out

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
With QC (Quade Cooper) looking out the Reds IMO will only have 2 starters - Slipper and Simmons. Its been a long time since only 2 in the team.

I think Horwill's RANT was just that. Frustration for THAT game and for the whole season. Time for some new leadership at Ballymore

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
With QC (Quade Cooper) looking out the Reds IMO will only have 2 starters - Slipper and Simmons. Its been a long time since only 2 in the team.

I think Horwill's RANT was just that. Frustration for THAT game and for the whole season. Time for some new leadership at Ballymore
I'd like to see Horwill get some help and support.
No one can challenge his heart or commitment whenever he plays for Qld or Australia, but right now something is missing. Not sure if it's physical or mental but he's not the player he has been or clearly wants to be again.
Let's pay him back by checking in and getting him through this tough period. The sure sign is how little he is seemingly enjoying his rugby.
Let's remember he earned his nickname 'Big Kev' for a reason.
Selecting him now for the Wallabies will do no one any favours.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
He needs some sort of change in his life.

Whether that's a sabbatical, a change at the reds, or hell, even a move to another Super Club, he needs something changed. He looks like the passion has worn him down to a nub. The emotional energy of the last couple of years, coupled with a few injuries seems to be hurting.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Some great high horse comments from some absolute peanuts here about Horwill. A lot dating back to the lions tour.

Fucking cracks me up that the same people lamenting the lack of passion from our boys when they were laughing with the all blacks after a pounding are willing to hang Horwill from the cross for having a bit of passion about his team.

Must be hard to be captain in a team that has gone backwards so quickly. Not that anybody is willing to look at reason, logic or how they would act in his shoes. Back on your high horse people.

It's good to show some passion but Horwills play in general has been lackluster and he should have been the first one to jump on Donahue after such a thoughtless act. WTF was he (Ed D.)thinking?
The Reds are on a very rocky road and there is no doubt that Big Kev is under enormous pressure, but shouldn't he with all of his experience be the one leading them back to where they need to be?
None of the Reds senior players seem to be willing to stand up and be counted.
Think of Sharpey at the Force or Higgers at the Rebs last year.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It all hinges on where we play To'omua. He is the best option in both 10 and 12 so it comes down to where our best backup comes from.

Cooper was our second best 10 option so it made sense to play To'omua at 12, but with Cooper out I think it is most important to move him to 10 and pick our second best 12.

Unfortunately none of our 12's are in sizzling form at the moment. Not sure how he is going in japan, but Archie's dad would be pretty handy right about now.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
I'm warming to the idea of playing Foley 10, To'omua 12.

We need a goal kicker. I assume White will be halfback but he won't play the whole game and I think Foley is a better kicker anyway. Also, White has missed touch so many times in the last few weeks that he can't be doing that job for the Wallabies and Foley fills that role too.

The bloke is in pretty good touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.