• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Certainly shakes it up. I assume White and To'omua are the halves now. I reckon he might even pick McCabe at inside despite not being able to crack it there for the Brumbies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It also depends on if he is called. He at least has far better hands than Timani.
True. I know he's taken a few throws, but I wouldn't know how many have been thrown to him. I'm guessing about the same number. I think he's more a "doesn't jump / catch" not a "cannot jump / catch", and I reckon his utility remains, regardless of lineout ability.
But as I said, it all depends on the combinations Link chooses as to whether he's a good fit. He certainly provides go-forward like few others.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Before the knee injury I reckon Genia would have just been dropped out of the Wallaby match day 23 by Burgess.

Burgess's game was better than anything we have seen out of Genia all year.

Horwill's sook session should also drop him out of the entire squad. So unprofessional. He needs a good long off season to have a look at himself.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Yeah you never know! It makes it interesting anyway given To'omua can't play both positions and there is no clear standout replacement in either.

Agree re Horwill. He's behind Jones, Simmons and Skelton anyway so it's just a matter of whether they take him or Carter as injury cover. They also have Fardy who could play there.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Before the knee injury I reckon Genia would have just been dropped out of the Wallaby match day 23 by Burgess.

Burgess's game was better than anything we have seen out of Genia all year.

Horwill's sook session should also drop him out of the entire squad. So unprofessional. He needs a good long off season to have a look at himself.

Mate Burgess still throws some horrid passes and slow to get to the rucks. At one point a forward played scrum half while burgess had both hands on knees right next to the ruck haha

I think a true indication of a person and especially a captains worth is how they deal with losing under immense pressure. Look at how Sharpey lead the force in tough times and then did a wonderful job as wallaby captain in his last run. pure class......as opposed to Horwills butt hurt post game media display. Sharpey should have been captain of the wallabies after(or even b4) mortlock, instead we got elsom and horwill.

I will support NZ and SA if Higgenbotham becomes wallabies captain.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
QC (Quade Cooper)'s injury really opens up the 12 jersey to guys like McCabe, Lilo and Godwin, as you would presume Link will move To'omua to 10.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I think Quade is a massive loss. His form on the EOYT and in the last AB's game was just what the wallabies needed.
Although If Quade is out then we could very well have a back-line of:
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Spreight - pnce eligible
12. Lilo/McCabe
13.Kuridrani
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Falou

That means only a 2 non-Brumbies in the whole back-line. I approve.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He was disgraceful............

Along with his form he should consider himself lucky to be a part of the squad..........

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Coleman to take Horwills place in the squad.
Either Foley to 10 and To'omua remains at 12 or maybe To'omua 10 and Beale at 12. I prefer To'omua at 12.
To'omua is not the geatest playmaker and his passing even looks a little labored one way. We will need a playmaker at 10 or 12 and a back-up 10 in the 23.
Gotta love the determination and sheer grit displayed by the Force in defense today but their inability to put pressure back on the other team was telling.
Looking at all of the Oz packs compared to their South African opposition just shows how we are lacking in the physicality stakes.
Link needs to put together as intimidating a pack as possible. Who does he choose?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
This weekends games will give the Wobs selectors some real food for thought.

A few players may have played themselves out of contention with ordinary performances, (on and off the field).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Probably a good thing the Frogs aren't sending their best troops.
I'm a bit underwhelmed about the side we will be fielding.
Plenty of honest toilers,but are they up to beating the AB's?

BTW big arse,congrats on your inclusion to the inner circle,is dark green slimming?

Status
Not open for further replies.