• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Horwill and Simmons should be off the table altogether. Horwill is a broken man. He was all kinds of devastated and his comments were way out of line for a schoolboy first Xv can't let alone the wallabies or reds
U could feel sharpey disappointment

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Probably a good thing the Frogs aren't sending their best troops.
I'm a bit underwhelmed about the side we will be fielding.
Plenty of honest toilers,but are they up to beating the AB's?

BTW big arse,congrats on your inclusion to the inner circle,is dark green slimming?
Have you seen the French squad? Pretty much picked the best players they can, allowing for injuries. They're not a pack of duffers by any stretch.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
12 has become a wide-open spot all of a sudden.
Assuming To'omua plays 10 (unless Link goes left-field and puts Foley there with To'omua 12 - not highly likely, but not completely impossible):-
Godwin - currently injured, AND has been in lacklustre form compared to 2013
Leali'ifano - has been injured, now back, but not in his best form either
Harris / Fainga'a / Tapuai - all Wallabies, but not showing "pick me" form by a long stretch; Harris brings the boot, but not enough for mine.
McCabe - might have a rails run here, but has he got the match fitness? Tough as teak.
Beale - loads of talent, but big defensive questions in that channel; I think better used as a utility replacement focussed more on 15
Horne - also a Wallaby, played really well in 12 last year bewteen Foley and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), playing wing now (o_O) but defends the 12 channel really well, less great at 13.

Who'd be a selector?

But I would love to see To'omua / McCabe or Horne / Kuridrani or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - good hard runners, bloody good defenders.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Not sure I can see Horwill in gold after last night. No matter what you think about the gouge/non-gouge, you just can't go after the ref like that on television. It's not exactly the standard-setting stuff you want from your senior players and team leaders.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would actually leave To'omua @ 12 and bring in Foley @ 10

I just think Toomau is a far better test 12 than 10, and Foley will keep the attack straight and direct, giving more space to our outside backs

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah the more I think about it Foley at 10 makes a lot of sense. Allows stability in our 12 and 13 combination, and means we have a kicker (albeit an average one) if Link decides to start Genia.

T

Train Without a Station

Some great high horse comments from some absolute peanuts here about Horwill. A lot dating back to the lions tour.

Fucking cracks me up that the same people lamenting the lack of passion from our boys when they were laughing with the all blacks after a pounding are willing to hang Horwill from the cross for having a bit of passion about his team.

Must be hard to be captain in a team that has gone backwards so quickly. Not that anybody is willing to look at reason, logic or how they would act in his shoes. Back on your high horse people.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm supportive of Foley at 10 but for some reason I have a feeling it will be 10. To'omua 12. Lilo.

I didn't see Lilo last night, but on previous form this season, he is definitely is below his last few season's standard by quite some way (like Godwin) to me, he isn't even in the Brumbies side on current form IMHO and McCabe would be a better option at 12 for them

that said, he is a class player, and I bet Link will be picking quite a few and hoping form is fleeting and class endures

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Lilo has not been the same player since his injury a couple of seasons ago. He was in sensational form before that happened.

McCabe would not let anybody down, in his current form (which is his true, form I believe). He was almost destroyed by Deans, now he has bounced right back.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I didn't see Lilo last night, but on previous form this season, he is definitely is below his last few season's standard by quite some way (like Godwin) to me, he isn't even in the Brumbies side on current form IMHO and McCabe would be a better option at 12 for them

that said, he is a class player, and I bet Link will be picking quite a few and hoping form is fleeting and class endures

I agree with all of this. Personally I think on form, Foley deserves first crack or McCabe at 12 given what style you want to play.

However I predict McKenzie will pick Lilo in the extended squad being the incumbent, Lilo might have a good game next week and show some promising signs at wallaby camp that would push him into the starting xv. Just a prediction - But I think McKenzie will favour Lilo's skill-set even given his drop of form.

T

Train Without a Station

I think To'omua has been out best 12 in a long time. Is foley an option at 10?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
can't see beale in the starting 15 but a very versatile bench player.

would think that not disrupting the last EOYT team will be a significant consideration and looking towards next years world cup. possibly time to play the team of 2015.
without cooper (presumably), link might go for foley @10, leaving To'omua at 12. the GAGR's will go wild if he picks a phipps/foley halves combo, but just might. personally i think he will persevere with genia at 9. otherwise it will be white/To'omua with lilo at 12, not that i think lilo is playing that well, but combinations are gold at this level.

i reckon, injuries permitting we will see

genia
foley
cummins
To'omua
kurindrani
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
folau

white
mccabe
beale

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Nick white has to be the wallaby 9. He is miles ahead of genia in general play and then he has a huge boot plus he is place kicking better then LILO from 50m out. It's a no brainer.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Some great high horse comments from some absolute peanuts here about Horwill. A lot dating back to the lions tour.

Fucking cracks me up that the same people lamenting the lack of passion from our boys when they were laughing with the all blacks after a pounding are willing to hang Horwill from the cross for having a bit of passion about his team.

Must be hard to be captain in a team that has gone backwards so quickly. Not that anybody is willing to look at reason, logic or how they would act in his shoes. Back on your high horse people.
all for passion on the field but you dont take aim at match officials on national tv what kind of message does that send to kids watching. The match officials are the least of the worries for the reds. I would suggest the only peanuts are those who are so blind by bias that they cant comment objectively on a obvious faux par.

Status
Not open for further replies.