• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
McKenzie picked Mowen as Captain last year because he was the best choice at that time. There was always a good chance Higgers would return from injury, or Palu who would push Mowen out of the team this year. This did not deter McKenzie from selecting Mowen, Nor should it it deter him from selecting Hooper, and / or replacing Hooper should Pocock rise again.

Enough of this attitude where we MUST stick to the same Captain until RWC, we are not blessed with a Keiran Reid, Dan Carter, or Richie McCaw. We might be one day, but it is not today. So pick the best for the series.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I really hope foley gets a look in a fly half but looks like Beale will get the nod - who has always been a popular choice with McKenzie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I really hope foley gets a look in a fly half but looks like Beale will get the nod - who has always been a popular choice with McKenzie

Im the same, but both need to know that its a holding spot, as leaving To'omua at 12 is a choice that Quades my 10 .. well in my eyes which is fine.

But Foley 10 To'omua 12 looks good to me but think it is a different 12 for Foley then Beale... He may shine or fade..

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Im the same, but both need to know that its a holding spot, as leaving To'omua at 12 is a choice that Quades my 10 .. well in my eyes which is fine.

But Foley 10 To'omua 12 looks good to me but think it is a different 12 for Foley then Beale. He may shine or fade..

You know what mate playing Beale at 12 vs To'omua offers actually many of the same benefits and detriments. I think To'omua is stronger in the tackle but both offer the running, passing, kicking ability of a second five eight

I think at test level a hard running 12 like McCabe is always handy to spread the word load but in saying that a double fly half style combo could see foley perhaps get the nod at 10

Crazy Grey

Frank Nicholson (4)

But Foley 10 To'omua 12 looks good to me but think it is a different 12 for Foley then Beale. He may shine or fade..

Foley's recent form has come on the back of Beale taking contact on occasion and generally straightening up his attack. For me, To'omua would do this far more naturally than Beale so I think if anything Foley To'omua would be a better combo than Foley Beale. Only problem is a kicker... Unless we leave it to the badge

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
To'omua offers so much at 12 or 10 his defense and contact in attack is massive.. Not a McCabe recluse abandonment of your body contact but up there. P.S To'omua has smashed big boopers a lot saying his size limits him is false he beat Scott Sio in tackles on video if I can find it ill post it

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

That's why I think To'omua is almost wasted at 10. If we had another player who offered the all around game that To'omua did he wouldn't be, but anybody that brings To'omua's physicality lacks his vision, ball skills and distribution.

T

Train Without a Station

No Seb. Lilo's aggression in defence, strength in contact and hard crash ball running doesn't compare to To'omua.

All the qualities I like To'omua as a 12 for are the ones which Lilo lacks.

Not that Lilo isn't a quality players. He's just more of a skilful type player, than an abrasive type.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Makes you wonder why Bernie playes them out of position?

But then RG keeps playing Taps & AF the wrong way round as well.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Lilo playing 10 for the Ponies was a revelation, he played flat, attacked the line and through great passes.

I still don't understand why he was moved away (and I don't care what "he" prefers, I wanted to be a dynamic 7, that didn't mean the coach was going to pick me there)
It was injury he was out and To'omua got the 10 jersey and was only seen as a 10...One game we did go back to the 10 Leo , 12 McCabe and think we got spanked. Went back to To'omua at 10..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.