• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Outside Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The game where the Canes smashed the Reds by like 20 points???

What's the result got to do with it when we are talking about individual players?

I do remember the Canes v Tahs game and Horne played well, but I still think overall his season was below others and certainly didn't warrant IMO a Wallaby call up. But given the injuries I can understand why he was there.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really think you have NFI about Horne to be honest. Perhaps you should go re-watch the Rebels and Reds games from this year when was fit and firing.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
maybe we should merge this thread and the bias thread?

It's shocking. We are talking about the wallabies here lol. Too me it's out of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) digs and cummins ATM. And even though I am a force fan cummins has probably been the best defender out of them if not par but attacking is pretty even minus AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) ATM.

And cross has been the good the last two weeks for the tahs.

Go the force!!!!

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Haven't read the last 6 pages, so apologies if I'm treading over old ground. I'd have AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 - sure he's having a shitty season so far but he's probably been the most consistent Wallaby back (and perhaps even Wallaby full stop) in the Deans era. In a backline full of playmakers it's good to have someone that can just run straight and hard. Defensively he's a beast too. As a Tahs fan I love Horne but he seems a little injury prone still and the WC might have come a year too early. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been around the Wallabies set up for a few years and brings a fair bit of experience.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Ioane
15. Beale

Helluva backline.

C

CanadianRugby

Even most people have covered this, I can't see how you can get rid of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13. Its not like he is having an awful year, just not as explosive as we are used to, and he is playing on a team where everyone is playing like crap. In the previous international seasons he was often considered the one wallaby who showed pride and skill during some dry times for the Wallabies. If you have AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 13 and Ioane at 14 or 11, those are some line breakers. Cummins or Ioane is next in line. for 13, but I like Diggers wandering into the line when he feels like it. Diggers best play is being the inside runner, because he runs it perfectly.

Or we could just with Ryan Cross....

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Canadian rugby is certainly right about digby's inside line. When he has "one of those days" at the reds on the left wing where he gets the ball alot he turns them inside out. His inside line running is perfect, i think i saw like 3 breaks from 3 attempts of him running an inside line against the cheetahs, and in one of those he almost scored after breaking some ridiculous number of tackles. I originally thought AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should be removed but some persuasiveness from several people has induced me. He isn't getting front foot ball, getting caught tens of meters behind the advantage line because of crabbo and opposition teams are targetting him big time. In a backline like the wallabies, you can't just restrict one person, because everyone else will run riot. Give him his spot in a full strength team and watch him carve things up when he gets space because hes not being targetted by three people.

new team:

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
14. O'Connor
15. Beale

THat combines stability with creativity and will surely be deadly. If things aren't going your way late in the game then it's simple:

20. Burgess (look no further than bloemfontine part 7 for the definition of impact player) on for genia
Shift Ioane to outside center and o connor to inside center (take barnes and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) off)
and bring two fresh speedsters on - Drew Mitchel and a dark horse (there are so many people that could qualify for this one that are just below the rest of the backs) davies, cross, turner, cummins, gerrard, harris, morahan, vuna ect

And watch as Chris Ashtons stupid grins gets whiped off his face when he attempts to argue with digby.

Oh and btw you could also have digby on the bench and mitchell starting at 11, they both bring different things to the game, and a fresh ioane in the 65th minute could absolutely blow apart any tired defense, no matter what position...

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
I'd have.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
14. Ioane
15. Beale

Struggling to find a place for Barnes even on the bench.

Just realised the same as Jason's.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Bench spots will be very competitive. Burgess the front runner for 2nd halfback, but phipps is a chance. Barnes injured at the moment, and apart from his defence I dont think he really brings as much to the team as our other play-makers do. If horne isnt injured you'd have to say he slots in somewhere on the bench, but McCabe, Cummins, Shepard, Gerrard, Davies, Turner and even hynes are all still a chance if they can string a few good games together. We have great depth in the back 3.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeh Barnes doesn't impress me much anymore. He doesn't have variety in his game like Quade Cooper or J'OC do. Beale is definitely a fullback after last nights performance.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeh Barnes doesn't impress me much anymore. He doesn't have variety in his game like Quade Cooper or J'OC do. Beale is definitely a fullback after last nights performance.

He doesn't seem to have that ability to run through a crowded defensive line using just tricks and balance, Beale did it last night, JOC (James O'Connor) did it last week, and I've seen quade do it many times.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)

Yeah, he has a great kicking game and is solid defensively, but has a habit of running laterally and getting stuck behind the advantage line. Plus he is always injured. I would have Gits ahead of him at this stage for a spot on the bench.

Reactions: GC

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah, he has a great kicking game and is solid defensively, but has a habit of running laterally and getting stuck behind the advantage line. Plus he is always injured. I would have Gits ahead of him at this stage for a spot on the bench.

Gits should be on the bench because he covers 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. In fact he plays those positions in every game, sometimes in a single run.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Gits should be on the bench because he covers 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. In fact he plays those positions in every game, sometimes in a single run.

He's a multi-tasker, for sure.

9. Bus driver, 10. Ball boy, 11. Water boy, 12. Boot cleaner, 13. Orange cutter, 14. Jersey washer, 15 Witches-hat carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.