• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Outside Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Maybe a bit extreme, TBH.

It could well be and trust me, I put it out there knowing full well there'll be people who will stridently disagree. My logic is that you don't need guys playing one or two games in three or only 50 minutes of a test match because they are getting hurt (mostly through their own actions) all the time. Seeing Taf put the big hits on is great, but it's tempered by wincing every time you see him staggering around like a punch drunk boxer for half a game (like we have seen a few times this season).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Maybe a bit extreme, TBH.

I'm not having a go at the Tahs, so no flames please....Genuine question:

Given Taf and Barnes seemingly have the same lion heart and the same regular outcomes of tackling technique (i.e. brain damage and lost game time), is there any indication from Tahland that this is being rectified via specific coaching?

Paradoxically, Barnes injuries are because he has a good technique. Are you suggesting he do do a clinic with Quade & learn to tackle with his fingers?

D

daz

Paradoxically, Barnes injuries are because he has a good technique. Are you suggesting he do do a clinic with Quade & learn to tackle with his fingers?

Where in my post do I suggest that? Maybe you think Barnes does have a good technique but given he keeps knocking himself out I would perhaps go out on a limb and say his head needs to be in a different position from time to time.

Therefore, my question still stands: Are Barnes and Taf being too full on which may require a bit of remedial coaching, or are they just fragile and we should accept for every 10 tackles they make, there will be 3 weeks of lost game time while they recover?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yeah I was being a bit of a dick at QC (Quade Cooper)'s expense. If BB played out wider he would have more time to position himself/ the ball runner before contact and ensure the head was on the right side etc. Unfortunately he is stuck in the channel taking on much larger men time after time, quite often with little or no time to adjust.
Maybe he actually needs to take a hint from QC (Quade Cooper) and move out wider in defence.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Although I know nothing about the Tahs S&C or Physio team or their practices, I think that I can safely say that it's 100% the Tahs Fitness team that are to blame.

T

TOCC

I have read your posts. It is what you were not-so-slyly insinuating.

Or were you just 'innocently' asking a question?

Far be it from me to say you never miss a chance to have a pop at the Waratahs, so I won't. :)

if ive got something to say then i will say it, i wont 'slyly insinuate' something..

you on the other hand.....

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
if ive got something to say then i will say it, i wont 'slyly insinuate' something..

you on the other hand.....

Okay, you were insinuating, end of story. The sly part came with your denial of it.

I'll be blunt. You're on a continual bag-the-Waratahs trip. It's boring.

T

TOCC

Okay, you were insinuating, end of story. The sly part came with your denial of it.

I'll be blunt. You're on a continual bag-the-Waratahs trip. It's boring.

Groucho your just been overly precious, the Tahs and NSWRU is obviously a far from perfect operating environment so they aren't cocooned from the realms of constructive criticism, learn to deal with it.

My question raised was a valid one, you could have simply agreed or disagreed and that would have been it, there is no need for this type of nonsense.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
A little hypocritical. Pretty sure I have seen you post some negative reds comments.

I don't think so, certainly not beyond the bounds of normal criticism. I'm not remotely parochial. I like all the Australian teams equally, including the Reds. I change my allegiance from year to year, depending on how I feel.

That doesn't mean I won't criticise the Reds when I feel it is apt. But I criticise the Waratahs more.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Perhaps I'm being over-sensitive, but the tone of the debate before and after the Reds vs. Waratahs game really turned me off. It was sufficient a turn-off to have me on the edge of not wanting to post here any more: it became genuinely nasty. I'm glad I never read the previous 'Hate' thread! To have that attitude continue in a death of a thousand sly digs is not a wonderful improvement.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Warning

Right - Groucho and TOCC calm it. That's a formal warning for both of you.

Anyone else who comes wading or stirring to this end will go without warning from here on in

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I think Barnes has a good technique. Wasnt his concussion caused from a loose elbow to the head not from an attempted tackle?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I also call for the brumbies to play AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 for the rest of the season.

I think the Brumbies need him (or McCabe) at 13... and Andrew Smith would do no harm on the wing...

The Brumbies' backline has slowly improved in recent games, and I think the combination they had in the first half against the Cheetahs with Phibbs/Lilo/Giteau combined with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) could be a winner...

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was not helped earlier in the year from his inside backs, but there were signs against the Cheetahs that this inside backs combination could create some fine attacking play...

I also think that it wouldn't hurt the Brumbies to play Coleman on the wing ala JOC (James O'Connor)...

He's certainly got the speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.