• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Hooper

Cooper is VC

I would also suggest that Fardy could be considered

If Horwill's in your team and playing well he will be Captain in that team if not it's Higgers his doing well Captaining the Rebels so he gets the nod is the only other leader on the pitch.

The team I think will be selected is this

1 Slipper
2 Moore
3 Kepu
4 Simmons
5 Horwill (c)
6 Fardy
7 Hooper
8 Higgers/Palu
9 Genia
10 Cooper VC
11 Cummins
12 To'omua
13 Kirindrani
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 Izzy

Bench

White
Benny Mac (Could end up as 8)
Alexander

Now if you drop Horwill as Captain, of your team, Im still on board putting this fella in front of the mic and the ref

974295-3d5730b8-ae1c-11e3-9d7e-f018f46e0213.jpg

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm still unsure about Higgers.......

Still looks a bit too Adam Thomson-y for my liking........

Palu should be first choice for 8 with Benny Mac on the bench covering the backrow..........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To'omua is a 10, a very good 10 at that. He should start at 10 or come on at 10 as a impact sub. Not play at 12 where the Wallabies need to develop depth.

o_O

So you would weaken the Wallabies for some completely insignificant reason?

If Folau started playing on the wing for the Tahs, would you discount him as a fullback option for the Wallabies?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I'm still unsure about Higgers...

Still looks a bit too Adam Thomson-y for my liking....

Palu should be first choice for 8 with Benny Mac on the bench covering the backrow....

I could live with that.. Who be your Captain if Horwill isn't there ? and whats your team (I may have missed it)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would still be playing Horwill as the other TH options aren't there yet........

He would probably remain as Captain for now.........

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I'd have the same, but probably the Honey-Badger over Tomane.

Just think he's the type of winger who is perfectly suited for test footy.

HB really blotted his copy book against the Reds with very ineffective tackling on a few occasions. Joe's game on the other hand is showing signs of improvement.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think Cummins has been good at all despite the Force's success lately. He hasn't done much.

There's plenty of time left and that EOYT performance will count for him. They're all just holding the spot for Speight however.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Higgers seems to be playing very wide of the ruck at the moment. he's not as heavily involved in the breakdown as he was before injury last year. But that's certainly by design. I think that is why some people arent sold on him atm.

Good battle between Palu/Higgers/McCalman at the moment.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
i agree speight looks like our best winger atm by some way. cant wait to see us unleash Speight/Folau in the same backline.

I must say iv been really impressed with McCabe this season. I would be surprised if he wasn't in the wobs squad in june. He's a pretty handy sub

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah Pat's really come on as a player in the last few months. He's always had massive amounts of heart and ticker but I've always felt that he's lacked a bit of polish in the skills department, which is a reason I was against him playing at 12. These days he's a much more rounded footballer though and would have to be a massive chance to make the squad this year.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It would be interesting to see McCabe trialled at 13. A hard, straight runner, and an intelligent and reliable defender, he has improved immensely in other facets of his play, but I still have my inhibitions about him playing at 12 (unfairly probably), what with more ball-playing options then ever before.

If Fisher/Larkham have to accomodate both To'omua and Leali'ifano, I hope McCabe and Kuridrani interchange at 13.

It would be handy to have McCabe in the mix for the Wallabies midfield with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Kuridrani, what with his experience and all, and also the fact his Super Rugby form merits inclusion into the Wallabies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
i agree speight looks like our best winger atm by some way. cant wait to see us unleash Speight/Folau in the same backline.

I must say iv been really impressed with McCabe this season. I would be surprised if he wasn't in the wobs squad in june. He's a pretty handy sub

People forget 2012 before his injury McCabe was the best 12 in the country by a fair way.. he now looks quicker and throws more off loads and passes..

He also sounds like a outstanding team member. .

He will be there or there abouts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
It would be interesting to see McCabe trialled at 13. A hard, straight runner, and an intelligent and reliable defender, he has improved immensely in other facets of his play, but I still have my inhibitions about him playing at 12 (unfairly probably), what with more ball-playing options then ever before.

If Fisher/Larkham have to accomodate both To'omua and Leali'ifano, I hope McCabe and Kuridrani interchange at 13.

It would be handy to have McCabe in the mix for the Wallabies midfield with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Kuridrani, what with his experience and all, and also the fact his Super Rugby form merits inclusion into the Wallabies.
I think his had the skills but the coach told him hit it up hard as you can and get quick ruck all the better.. I bet Reds fans wish they had him running of Quade right now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
So your second pick in the Wallaby back line is a player out of position and you don't see a problem with this going forward in Australian rugby. You have 5 teams and about 8 guys playing 12 on a regular basis and your still picking a 10 out of position straight away.

Well if that the case, the Wallabies will not stand a chance of winning the World Cup, best sides have the depth in all positions and that move is showing a sheer lack of depth.

To'omua is a 10, a very good 10 at that. He should start at 10 or come on at 10 as a impact sub. Not play at 12 where the Wallabies need to develop depth.

Im not completely against your line of thinking, for instance shifting JOC (James O'Connor) to the main pivot role of 10 for the Lions to me was always going to end up a failure. The major difference and the fact of the matter is that To'omua has been used at 12 for the Wallabies outside Cooper and it worked really well. He is tried and tested there. Picking JOC (James O'Connor) again was different because the switch from wing fullback to the main pivot role is a very different change to a 5/8 moving one wider. In fact with To'omua's defence I think he is more effective there then at 10 anyway.

The argument that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is out of position on the wing is a more glaringly obvious ridiculous one. He has started in more tests on the wing then any other player in Australia!

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Having Beale, Mcabe, genia/white as the back line reserves shows some good depth in backline Aus Rugby.

Think we are sorted for Backrow also.

Its the back up/ starters 1-5 that worries me.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Can someone please let me know where I can find current evidence that Tomane or Goodwin are playing decent rugby at the moment?

Both are no where near the form they demonstrated last season

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I don't think Cummins has been good at all despite the Force's success lately. He hasn't done much.

There's plenty of time left and that EOYT performance will count for him. They're all just holding the spot for Speight however.

Everyone is aware that HB and Speight play different positions arent they?

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Can someone please let me know where I can find current evidence that Tomane or Goodwin are playing decent rugby at the moment?

Both are no where near the form they demonstrated last season

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Certainly with Godwin I would argue that he has been targetted by other teams as the main Force attacking weapon and hence is hit by two defenders when he gets the ball. He doesnt have the space he had last season hence isnt making those breaks. On the other hand his defence is fine, and the other Force players (Hayward, Rasolea and Ebersohn) are getting a lot of space to play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.