• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Bit different when a bloke has played over 20 caps for the wallabies on the wing

But the bloke is a 13, you have plenty of options for wing that should get a shot on the wing leading into a World Cup.
I do think that Genia's form has slipped quite substantially this year. White and Phipps are playing really well.
Agree, actually think Phipps is playing the best rugby of his career.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So you wouldnt pivk To'omua at 12 ? Let me guess Godwin ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lets be realistic Links gonna play To'omua at 10 or 12 for at least the first 2 games against France and if he shows form he will stay there. My guess first backline picked will be Genia Cooper Cummins To'omua Kirendurni AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) Izzy..

unless injured or woefully out of form.. New guys will get a squad spot or bench spot..

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau

21. Burgess
22. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
23. Beale

Plus White, one of Lilo and Foley as a playmaker reserve, and another outside back.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Surely a little Brumbies bias there, Folau is first picked on form.

With Link making Cooper VC on tour last year, his second back picked.
sorry your right folau first picked then To'omua 2nd at 12. Coopers ball security was very ordinary against the force.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau

21. Burgess
22. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
23. Beale

Plus White, one of Lilo and Foley as a playmaker reserve, and another outside back.

If Speight was available that's what it would be.. 'the bro with the fro' but his gonna have to earn it .. I would take him on the end of season tour and play him when available as I think he could be a weapon with Izzy..

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
sorry your right folau first picked then To'omua 2nd at 12. Coopers ball security was very ordinary against the force.

So your second pick in the Wallaby back line is a player out of position and you don't see a problem with this going forward in Australian rugby. You have 5 teams and about 8 guys playing 12 on a regular basis and your still picking a 10 out of position straight away.

Well if that the case, the Wallabies will not stand a chance of winning the World Cup, best sides have the depth in all positions and that move is showing a sheer lack of depth.

To'omua is a 10, a very good 10 at that. He should start at 10 or come on at 10 as a impact sub. Not play at 12 where the Wallabies need to develop depth.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So your second pick in the Wallaby back line is a player out of position and you don't see a problem with this going forward in Australian rugby. You have 5 teams and about 8 guys playing 12 on a regular basis and your still picking a 10 out of position straight away.

Well if that the case, the Wallabies will not stand a chance of winning the World Cup, best sides have the depth in all positions and that move is showing a sheer lack of depth.

To'omua is a 10, a very good 10 at that. He should start at 10 or come on at 10 as a impact sub. Not play at 12 where the Wallabies need to develop depth.
Did you miss the end of season tour ?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Did you miss the end of season tour ?

I watched all the games, I also think playing two 10's ain't going to beat the All Blacks, will work against France.

Picking Burgo? Have you missed the Rebels games?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Wait thats a little Harsh, sorry. . To'omua provides the perfect foil for Cooper.. His shown at test level hid capable of switching between 10 and 12 with the wallabies game plan of two 5/8's .. His in outstanding form and will be picked at 12 in the first game agaist France unless injured. .

Ill put money on it .. lock it in

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I watched all the games, I also think playing two 10's ain't going to beat the All Blacks, will work against France.

Picking Burgo? Have you missed the Rebels games?

I never picked Burgo.. looks like his coach aint either..

Genia will start with White on the bench. Phipps is playing well as well but simlar to Genia as a player.. White offers a different type of game

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I like to see a broadening of the depth of recent experience in the Wallabies against Tier 1 sides, strictly rewarding form. Then at the RC pick the best performed of those players. So for me:-

1. Sio (if fitness proved after come back)
2. TPN (Moore needs work load managed and I do not dispute he is the No1 rake in OZ)
3. Alexander (though I suspect Slipper will be selected)
4. Jones
5. Horwill (if he doesn't perform he should be dropped to bench)
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. McCalman
9. White
10. Cooper
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
11. Morahan
14. Cummins
15. Folau

16. Moore
17. Kepu
18. Slipper
19. Douglas
20. Higgers/Palu
21. Genia
22. Beale
23. Tomane

The second row is a real problem IMO. Horwill is not back to his best and barely makes the gain line before getting stopped by backs, Carter and Jones have not been blooded, Douglas is a work horse but hasn't stood up on previous occasions and Simmons penchant for stupid penalties is just so frustrating. One of Jones or Carter must be blooded and IMO I like the potential in Jones.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Its me who picked Burgo.

IFF Genia is the number one scrum half, then I don't rate White off the bench, and think Phipps is too similar (with a lesser skill set) to be the bench option. That leaves Burgess, who I rate as the best player in Australia to come on with 15-30 minutes to go. White beats out Phipps as the other player in the squad.

If White is the starting scrummie, Genia is number 2, and Phipps is number 3.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Its me who picked Burgo.

IFF Genia is the number one scrum half, then I don't rate White off the bench, and think Phipps is too similar (with a lesser skill set) to be the bench option. That leaves Burgess, who I rate as the best player in Australia to come on with 15-30 minutes to go. White beats out Phipps as the other player in the squad.

If White is the starting scrummie, Genia is number 2, and Phipps is number 3.

Hmmm Horses for course's I think I'd have Genia White Burgo for them all being different types of scrummies but that totally un fair on Phipps

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I like to see a broadening of the depth of recent experience in the Wallabies against Tier 1 sides, strictly rewarding form. Then at the RC pick the best performed of those players. So for me:-

1. Sio (if fitness proved after come back)
2. TPN (Moore needs work load managed and I do not dispute he is the No1 rake in OZ)
3. Alexander (though I suspect Slipper will be selected)
4. Jones
5. Horwill (if he doesn't perform he should be dropped to bench)
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. McCalman
9. White
10. Cooper
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
11. Morahan
14. Cummins
15. Folau

16. Moore
17. Kepu
18. Slipper
19. Douglas
20. Higgers/Palu
21. Genia
22. Beale
23. Tomane

The second row is a real problem IMO. Horwill is not back to his best and barely makes the gain line before getting stopped by backs, Carter and Jones have not been blooded, Douglas is a work horse but hasn't stood up on previous occasions and Simmons penchant for stupid penalties is just so frustrating. One of Jones or Carter must be blooded and IMO I like the potential in Jones.
Whos your Captain ?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

With respect Kevin, To'omua is the best 12 we've had for a long time. He's ripping it up in that position for the Wobs and combines well with Cooper. I don't think he's out of position in the slightest. A lot of blokes can play 10 or 12 and he's one of them (Lilo being another). The job is his until his form dips there or someone else makes it their own.

I also don't get the comment about a lack of depth. There are several blokes who look fantastic in the inside back positions at the minute and all of them could play in gold. To'omua just happens to have played so well there last year that you'd be crazy not to pick him.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
You're not serious, it's France - not Italy/Scotland.

All but two of those players were starting on the EOYT 2013, and those two (Morahan and Jones) are in very good form, better than the alternatives in their position.

Why would I not be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.