• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
CFS is surely a distant third behind AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Kuridrani for the 13 jersey at this stage.

Kuridrani is big and powerful but he is far less consistent than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Consistentcy is probably AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s biggest asset. He plays close to his best most of the time and for years has been one of the Wallabies best performers.

In my opinion this is what the Wallabies need more of. Players who get their job done every single time. The reason why the All Blacks are so dominant is because their players very rarely have poor games.

In recent years for Australia to win big games, we need several stars to have absolute blinders because invariably we have several players who go completely missing.

Last test season Kuridrani had some very good games but he also had some poor games.

CFS is a huge talent but at this stage he is very raw and hasn't shown anywhere near the sort of consistency required. Whether he reaches that stage in 12 months remains to be seen. Probably the biggest thing working against him right now is his proneness to injury. It's hard to develop that consistency if you routinely miss as many games as you play.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Nobody is forgetting about the Force....

But who would these players replace in a RWC squad?

Aside from Cummins and McCalman there are no certainties at this point...

Wykes definitely won't be there with the amount of locks/blindside flankers ahead of him....

Charles is in a battle with Fainga'a and Hanson....

If Gill is a chance of missing out then Hodgo is stuffed...

Hodgson is ahead of Gill at this stage. His age might be a problem though. Godwin is up. Charles is in front of Fainga'a and Hansen. Unless Hansen regains his form from last year which is slowly happening now IMO

Wykes is an interesting one. I never really rated him but he has been playing brilliantly and is more versatile. The one is a long shot.

Godwin and beal are in a foot race but it's hard when we have LILO and Tamooa to fit in when fit

T

Tip

Godwin and beal are in a foot race but it's hard when we have LILO and Tamooa to fit in when fit

TBH I think Beale has the reserve fullback jersey / utility back position wrapped up and Godwin, Lilo & Foley are all fighting for the same jersey

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
TBH I think Beale has the reserve fullback jersey / utility back position wrapped up. I think Godwin, Lilo & Foley are all fighting for the same jersey
Foley at 12? I think foley is a great reserve 10

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
On current form I think Beale is very likely to jump back past Foley in terms of the Wallabies this season.

He's setting himself up as a great 10, 12, 15 option.

The player whose return I'm interested in is Leali'ifano. He was surpassed by To'omua in the 12 jersey last season and it looks like there'll be more competition for Wallaby spots this year unless there are a lot more injuries in the inside backs.

He only had a cameo against the Rebels at a time when his team was getting smashed but he certainly didn't show anything (as you'd expect first game back after a long injury layoff) but you'd think his first challenge is trying to get a starting spot back with McCabe playing well.

Maybe at this stage he's trying to squeeze McCabe to the wing at the expense of Tomane.

If you're looking at that backline of White, To'omua, Tomane, McCabe, Kuridrani, Coleman, Mogg, you'd have to say that Tomane is currently the worst performer.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No time in the schedule, but the old Probables v Possibles would be great. Something like:

Probables
15 Folau; 14 Cummins; 13 Kurindrani; 12 To'omua; 11 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper); 10 Quade; 9 Genia; 8 Palu; 7 Hooper; 6 Fardy; 5 Horwill; 4 Simmons; 3 Kepu; 2 Moore; 1 Slipper.

v

Possibles
15 Mogg; 14 Woodward; 13 Sautia; 12 Lealiifano; 11 Tomane; 10 Beale; 9 White; 8 McCalman; 7 Gill; 6 Higginbotham; 5 Douglas; 4 Jones; 3 Alexander; 2 TPN; 1 Sio.

The benches would then be the next rung from the likes of:

Hanson and Charles
Robinson, Smith, Weekes and Ryan
Neville, Skelton (fuck off Pyle)
Hodgson, Cottrell, Schatz
Phipps, Burgess
Foley, Inman, Godwin, McCabe, Morahan, English.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Come 2015 - would we be expecting Digby and/or JOC (James O'Connor) to return? They would also be pushing for outside back spots.

Palmer I'd also expect to return next year who could be another prop pushing for a spot in the 23.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Come 2015 - would we be expecting Digby and/or JOC (James O'Connor) to return? They would also be pushing for outside back spots.

Palmer I'd also expect to return next year who could be another prop pushing for a spot in the 23.

Surely Palmer will be out of the picture even if he returns. Most of his time in Europe has been spent injured.

Ioane and JOC (James O'Connor) could well come back into the picture if they return to Super Rugby next season. Form will tell though. I think any players returning in 2015 will need to outshine the incumbents by some degree to have a chance at going to the RWC.

Link will rightly be keen to keep building on what he started last year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Digby would have to be the most over rated australian player of the last 2 year. he didnt do anything in a wallabies jersey for the last 2 season execpt for get the ball stop running step right get smashed.

he should not be anywhere need a wobs jersey any more

MAN HAS NO KNEES!

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Digby would have to be the most over rated australian player of the last 2 year. he didnt do anything in a wallabies jersey for the last 2 season execpt for get the ball stop running step right get smashed.

he should not be anywhere need a wobs jersey any more

MAN HAS NO KNEES!
This x 10,000. Sooooo overrated. Poo hands and can't kick at all. He does one thing and lately didn't do it that well.
Woodward is only a possibility if he eliminates his brain farts. Too many unforced errors at crucial junctures (restarts and kick outs on the full)

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
No time in the schedule, but the old Probables v Possibles would be great. Something like:

Probables
15 Folau; 14 Cummins; 13 Kurindrani; 12 To'omua; 11 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper); 10 Quade; 9 Genia; 8 Palu; 7 Hooper; 6 Fardy; 5 Horwill; 4 Simmons; 3 Kepu; 2 Moore; 1 Slipper.

v

Possibles
15 Mogg; 14 Woodward; 13 Sautia; 12 Lealiifano; 11 Tomane; 10 Beale; 9 White; 8 McCalman; 7 Gill; 6 Higginbotham; 5 Douglas; 4 Jones; 3 Alexander; 2 TPN; 1 Sio.

Hanson and Charles
Phipps, Burgess

spot on! of the possibles most likely to press for mine are Higgers, white, sio, alexandar

possibly speight for woodward

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, didn't bother picking Speight because he isn't eligible until September. But that'd be the change I'd make depending on when this game would be 'played'.

T

Tip

@RugbyReg This is a RWC thread! If Possibles vs. Probables was played in 2015 pre RWC then Speight's eligibility wouldn't be in question.. as long as his feet remain firmly planted on the eastern seaboard.

Sweet mother of Moses that is a pretty decent Possibles vs. Probables team. Each and every player has / will be a part of the Wallaby set up over the coming years. We suddenly have depth and competition for spots! Wallabies Golden Era dominance comin back at cha kiwi's

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

Probables

v

Possibles

Hanson and Charles
Phipps, Burgess
You have almost mentioned every player in Australia. Lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.