• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Why does everyone forget about the force? Hodgson is probably the form 7 behind hooper. Cummins hasn't seen much ball so that's a hard one. Godwin and beal would be the form 12's. Sam wykes and Nathan Charles are bolters on current form.

Benny mac would be the form 8. I think Palu and Benny are head to head ATM. Benny getting the nod just

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
10. Cooper
12. Beale
13. To'omua

To'omua isn't a 13, but I bet he could make a damn good fist of it given the chance.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
10. Cooper
12. Beale
13. To'omua

To'omua isn't a 13, but I bet he could make a damn good fist of it given the chance.

Couldn't do it why Cooper and Beale defend ok Noun and SBW through the channel will paste us. To'omua there is a hard hitter what we need and then someone to bend the line at 13..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCabe (he has played 1 more game than the rest)
Carries: 47
Meters Made: 210
Defenders Beaten: 7
Clean Breaks:6
Tackles Made:31
Tackles Missed:3
Trys:0

Based on that McCabe is well in front going on the stats but if you take away his game against the Highlanders it looks like this:

Carries: 31
Meters Made:109
Defenders Beaten: 3
Clean Breaks:1
Tackles Made:24
Tackles Missed:3
Trys:0
So apart from the game against the Highlanders where McCabe went mad I would say his form is well done on the other options. But that’s taking nothing away from that game which he was massive in.

So I guess you could use the statement about the 1 good game for McCabe………

Imagine how good he could be against a team they've actually played......... ;)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why does everyone forget about the force? Hodgson is probably the form 7 behind hooper. Cummins hasn't seen much ball so that's a hard one. Godwin and beal would be the form 12's. Sam wykes and Nathan Charles are bolters on current form.

Benny mac would be the form 8. I think Palu and Benny are head to head ATM. Benny getting the nod just

Nobody is forgetting about the Force........

But who would these players replace in a RWC squad?

Aside from Cummins and McCalman there are no certainties at this point.......

Wykes definitely won't be there with the amount of locks/blindside flankers ahead of him........

Charles is in a battle with Fainga'a and Hanson........

If Gill is a chance of missing out then Hodgo is stuffed.........

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
One player that wont be there is Ben Robinson. His stock has fallen quicker than the English test cricket side. Slipper and Sio are the test LH's of choice now.

Most positions are very competitive at the moment. The only two I would confidently lock in are Cooper and Falou. More than likely you will also see the Reds lock combination.

Don't rule out Pocock either. He is of to greater quality to be kept down.

T

tranquility

You can lock To'omua in at 12. Bloke is street ahead of the next option, KB (Kurtley Beale) included.

Fardy is probably somewhere in the pack too I would have thought.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
One player that wont be there is Ben Robinson. His stock has fallen quicker than the English test cricket side. Slipper and Sio are the test LH's of choice now.

Most positions are very competitive at the moment. The only two I would confidently lock in are Cooper and Falou. More than likely you will also see the Reds lock combination.

Don't rule out Pocock either. He is of to greater quality to be kept down.

I like your thinking here, except that I don't expect the Reds' lock combination to survive until the RWC. The Reds' scrum is not one of the strongest in the Aus conference and imo is showing signs of deteriorating rather than improving. With Slipper, Hanson, Horwill and Gill likely inclusions in the squad, I see Rob Simmons' spot becoming very tenuous.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I like your thinking here, except that I don't expect the Reds' lock combination to survive until the RWC. The Reds' scrum is not one of the strongest in the Aus conference and imo is showing signs of deteriorating rather than improving. With Slipper, Hanson, Horwill and Gill likely inclusions in the squad, I see Rob Simmons' spot becoming very tenuous.

Simmons was the best lock on the end of season tour.. get his brain farts in line he will be there.

Horwill is living on the edge

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
Benn Robinson will fight back. At 29, he's still in his prime years for a prop.

He's wearing some of the stink from Paddy Ryan's average scrummaging performances in the first 2 months of the super rugby season, IMO. The Tahs scrum will be strong again as long as Kepu starts.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Benn Robinson will fight back. At 29, he's still in his prime years for a prop.

He's wearing some of the stink from Paddy Ryan's average scrummaging performances in the first 2 months of the super rugby season, IMO. The Tahs scrum will be strong again as long as Kepu starts.

Getting dominated by Alexander in the scrum won't help his cause though..........

T

Tip

I think you will find that both the alternatives can pass when need be, are solid in defence and have huge impact with ball in hand.

Kuridraini is the incumbent and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is one of the highest cap wallaby backs of all time and has been in stellar form for the tahs

Kuridrani will be the complete package when he learns to trust his inside player and the learns the meaning of "jockey". He's a glory seeker who jams and goes for the "big hit" instead of shepherding the attackers to the sideline.
He did it countless times in the RC and EOYT.
He also has the tendency to tuck the ball under one wing and go for a big palm instead of holding the ball in two hands to keep the defence guessing.
This is why I prefer AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & CFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.