• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies world cup squad selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
int he last few years, has any player from the brumbies really stood out as a individual but george smith? they dont see to get the raging form out of players that other clubs do.

Stephen Moore and Ashley-Cooper would be the two I would select.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Starting 15 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Bench - Palmer, Moore, Elsom

Can't see Elsom on the bench being the incumbent captain. Hopefully his form when he's back will justify a starting position. Interested to know your view on who would be starting for him?

T

TOCC

It is just so rare for a Qld scrum (okay scrummager.. the whole scrum may not be there) to show any sign of dominance over the opposite number. :) Tri pod aside where they high fived parity, it is pretty exciting for us Queenslanders to not be smashed in the scrum every week. Speaking of the tripod, you would think that Laurie Weekes would question his decision to leave the "success" of the tripod for a bench spot at the Rebels...

oh no, of course not, his just happy he gets to play for Sydney University whilst the rest of the Wallabies are in New Zealand playing in the RWC....

In all serious though, the Reds scrum is still a long way from been anything respectable, they still arent scrummaging well as a unit, this could be possible due to the fact that the front row has only played 3 games together, or maybe its a issue with the balance in the locks and backrow. Either way, they need to sort it out before they face up against someone like the Sharks or Crusaders.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I have only seen one scrum in the Brumbies game tonight (missed the start) and have been watching for issues at LHP with Alexander and noticed that the brekaway (6) has his hips above his shoulders and is driving downwards from a bent over standing position instead of starting on knees and driving up or flat. I wonder if this is the issue? Surely if the guys behind are driving down then the prop has little option to go to ground.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies' scrum seems to have improved from last week... although Alexander managed to give away a couple of penalties in succession...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Don't forget that the Saders did not have either Thorn at lock or Owen Franks at THP.

I thought Palmer showed how to deal with an opponent packing at an angle, drive aggressively forward and split him from the hooker. Palmer dominated Crocket tonight.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't forget that the Saders did not have either Thorn at lock or Owen Franks at THP.

I thought Palmer showed how to deal with an opponent packing at an angle, drive aggressively forward and split him from the hooker. Palmer dominated Crocket tonight.

Palmer also made some good tackles tonight.

I think the way he's going he should be the Wallaby TH. He's solid at scrum time and the Wallabies NEED a pot plant TH.

Slipper for the bench as he can cover both sides.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Palmer also made some good tackles tonight.

I think the way he's going he should be the Wallaby TH. He's solid at scrum time and the Wallabies NEED a pot plant TH.

Slipper for the bench as he can cover both sides.

I think I remember saying something very similar last year.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)

I thought the Brumbies were going to get caned in the scrums, they held up very well, even considering O Franks and Thorn weren't there. Palmer is certainly looking alright. Just adds to the questions about the Tahs scrum last week.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I thought the Brumbies were going to get caned in the scrums, they held up very well, even considering O Franks and Thorn weren't there. Palmer is certainly looking alright. Just adds to the questions about the Tahs scrum last week.

Indeed it does and makes me more pissed that the Tahs meekly let him go.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At this early stage I'd have 4 Brumbies in the starting XV:

Moore
Palmer
Elsom
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

1 on the bench:

McCabe

If there was an EOYT I'd include Coleman and Vaea... but they'll get their chance next year...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Moore
Palmer
Elsom
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

1 on the bench:

McCabe

If there was an EOYT I'd include Coleman and Vaea... but they'll get their chance next year...

On the basis that you like them, because it isn't on form

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)

Moore
Palmer
Elsom
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

1 on the bench:

McCabe

I reckon Elsom would be lucky to get a start (except for the fact he has that little c next to his name at the moment). No shortage of 6's and 7's running around at the moment that are aiming up. He will have to pull his finger out when he returns to the paddock this year. He certainly is not an automatic selection at the moment in my opinion.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On the basis that you like them, because it isn't on form

Elsom was in good form and getting better for the Wobs in the latter part of the test season last year...

I don't see who would replace him...

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been solid, despite his limited opportunities... Horne is an injury case, and Chambers has been poor...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Elsom was in good form and getting better for the Wobs in the latter part of the test season last year...

I don't see who would replace him...

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been solid, despite his limited opportunities... Horne is an injury case, and Chambers has been poor...

:lmao:

You are a jester of Robyn Williams proportions.

either that or your meds need to be increased to quieten the voices again.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
:lmao:

You are a jester of Robyn Williams proportions.

either that or your meds need to be increased to quieten the voices again.

Well, it was the opinion of most around here that Elsom was playing well for the Wallabies in the latter part of the test season...

Status
Not open for further replies.