• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Quick question

Are we having two reserve props on the bench for this series or the current one?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I haven't seen anything official from a source but been told by plenty that it's 23 match day. The current is 23, the Autumn internationals and Six Nations were all 23.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I disagree. Watch the game again- on his first hit-up he broke two tackles and made about 8m. I can't remember him ever being caught behind the advantage line, or 'pushed around'.

I suggest you watch it again, and watch Palu specifically.

Yes his first hit up was great, but after that he was repeatedly caught behind the advantage line, bossed in contact, or had very little go forward in contact.

I just watched it specifically to see how Palu went against big physical opposition, and the result was the same as always. It's so frustrating to watch a man of his size have so little impact. Hooper makes more ground in contact than Palu ffs.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-wallabies-squad/story-e6frg7o6-1226645462583

Dont know how legit it is but all the big news websites are coming out with it.

As much as we have discussed and agreed that Deans will most likely not pick him, I still simply cannot express how frustrating it is. It is absolutely, blatantly, 1 million % (yes 1 million % exists in this case) obvious who is the best flyhalf in Australia at the moment. There is no excuse for leaving him out until the next 6 are named, it is simply Deans' being a stubborn FUCK. You want to protect and integrate your 10 into the team as soon as possible, ensure he is on the same page as everyone else. If he is not chosen in the 25 man squad, I would bet my life he is not going to be the starting 10.
Maybe Robbie has taken Quade's advice about not picking Quade if he is intending on playing to a conservative game plan.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Mowen is probably going to end up the unluckiest guy in Aus rugby. Higginbotham just bolted into #6 front runner.
It's not luck if someone is playing better than you.

Not saying one is better than the other.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's not luck if someone is playing better than you.

Not saying one is better than the other.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

I havent done the numbers to see if it works but Mowen would be a good backup to Higgers.
Higgers does have days when his mojo disappears. If the Dingo had any insight into his bench he could sub Mowen on for his higher work rate when one of those days comes along.
Mind you Higgers has been pretty consistent over the last little while.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
think Palu will get the nod at 8 - don't believe he has shown the consistency of others but robbie loves the bloke
It would be very disappointing for me if Mowen misses out on squad - Higgers a certainty. His captaincy and move to the Rebs has made him a much better player, all round

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
My team:

1. Robinson, B
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Dennis
7. Smith
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. O'Connor
12. Lealilifano
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Iaone
15. Folau

16. Fainga'a
17. Alexander
18. Timani
19. Mowen
20. White
21. McCabe
22. Beale

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
My team:

1. Robinson, B
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Dennis
7. Smith
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. O'Connor
12. Lealilifano
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Iaone
15. Folau

16. Robinson, G
17. Alexander
18. Timani
19. Mowen
20. McKibbin
21. McCabe
22. Beale

o_O

Notwithstanding some of your other selections, Ged Robinson is not eligible for the Wallabies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Hopefully you also meant Higginbotham and not Dennis. If you do actually mean Dennis, why?

It's my team if I was selecting, not necessarily who I think will get picked. There is no science or statistical basis to my picks, just who I think are the form players and who plays a style of rugby I like. 3 of Palu, Higgers, Dennis and Mowen will be picked to cover 6 & 8, and I just had Higgers at the bottom of the 4. He did play a blinder last night though I have to admit and I also think he will be picked ahead of either DD or Mowen.

I also don't think Beale will be picked because of his issues but if he is available and fit I would always have him on the bench as he is a class act on his day and can slot in just about anywhere in the backline except no. 9.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Right, I've just been having a twitter "discussion" with Lance Free, and am finding 140 characters too limiting to express the depth of his senility and my amusement. So here I am.

Pyle is our third choice lock.

In an unfancied pack that played bloody well, Pyle stood out and took it to a pair of Boks while scoring points, calling and stealing lineouts, and putting fluffybunnys on notice in general. I'm informed several ladies in the crowd found themselves pregnant afterwards from his sheer manliness alone. Pretty sure a percentage of the metrosexuals in attendance (and its Melbourne so you know there are) fainted too as they went into testosterone overload.

"Plays too loose" tweeted grumpy dwarf. "7th or 8th choice" his bilious little fingers typed. Can any of you name six locks in the country better suited to the role? No, I'll NOT wait while you go clone Horwill and Douglas twice over. You don't have the technology. Besides, its fucking unethical.

The fact is, you can argue with me, but you'd be wrong. So, if you're that kind of person, I'm pretty sure your time is better spent wooing your sister-wife/brother-cousin, or getting your stage production of "Dueling Banjos"off the ground.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Right, I've just been having a twitter "discussion" with Lance Free, and am finding 140 characters too limiting to express the depth of his senility and my amusement. So here I am.

Pyle is our third choice lock.

In an unfancied pack that played bloody well, Pyle stood out and took it to a pair of Boks while scoring points, calling and stealing lineouts, and putting fluffybunnys on notice in general. I'm informed several ladies in the crowd found themselves pregnant afterwards from his sheer manliness alone. Pretty sure a percentage of the metrosexuals in attendance (and its Melbourne so you know there are) fainted too as they went into testosterone overload.

"Plays too loose" tweeted grumpy dwarf. "7th or 8th choice" his bilious little fingers typed. Can any of you name six locks in the country better suited to the role? No, I'll NOT wait while you go clone Horwill and Douglas twice over. You don't have the technology. Besides, its fucking unethical.

The fact is, you can argue with me, but you'd be wrong. So, if you're that kind of person, I'm pretty sure your time is better spent wooing your sister-wife/brother-cousin, or getting your stage production of "Dueling Banjos"off the ground.

Agree about the first half of your post, but will leave it at that.

It would have been great if he was capped as our second lineout caller for Sharpe's departure, but the upside I guess is we revealed a great TH lock in Douglas. However Deans can not overlook how solid Pyle's playing this year, and at the very least, I hope he is included in the squad for the Spring Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.