• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
If Deans does choose two guys who have barely played this year and currently sit on their team's bench as starters for the Lions, that will just be so depressing for me. And it's not like these are guys who normally have no challengers for their positions; nor are they guys who have been recognised as anywhere near the best in their positions in the world.

We will see tomorrow, but I can already see the backlash if we lose the first test with those selections.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pyle won't play in the Lions series and nor should he but he will be in gold before the end of the year.

T

Train Without a Station

McCabe coming off injured after being on the bench all bar one game would have to be out of the reckoning wouldn't he?

T

Train Without a Station

Also looked like the Brumbies maul defence was quite strong, where as the Tahs wasn't too great which would have to be a significant factor against the Lions wouldn't it?

T

Train Without a Station

Undoubtedly. Horne wasn't spectacular tonight. Ant would definitely have to be the form 12 in Aus right now...

T

Train Without a Station

Definitely. Saia is barely the 2nd best Hooker in QLD. Let alone Australia.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Saia has been better for the Reds starting, but I would be tempted towards Hanson off the bench for the Wallabies as he'd provide more impact. Starting, I would select S. Finger most of the time, though. Better thrower, better defender, does more work at ruck time. Hanson is a better ball carrier.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Horne had a very good game before he went off in my book. 12 will be between Lealiifano, Barnes and Horne at this stage. I'd still have Cooper at 10, but Deans will go JOC (James O'Connor) or Barnes I think.

If McCabe gets selected then it's a travesty. McCabe has had none of the impact of those other three I mentioned, and is stuck on the bench for the Brumbies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Deans interview on now.

Asked about Mogg or Folau. Played a straight bat. Add mention of Barnes as a fullback.

Deans on George Smith, looks like Smith would get selected. Says that it may not be too bad is a good sign. Smith's availability was resolved yesterday, apparently. Smith can play vs the Lions.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Deans confirmed that the 6 will be players he wants to see more of, or needs to play more. Players picked in the first 25 will be the preferred players, though (getting through the rubbish Deans speak).

Kearns mentioned the removal of Barnes' rubbish short kicks. Deans is happy with that aspect (getting through Deans speak).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reds still to play but a couple changes for this week

Props (4): Robinson, Alexander, Slipper, Kepu
Hookers: (2): Moore, Hanson
Locks (4): Horwill, Douglas, Pyle, Simmons
Opensides (2): Hooper, Gill
Backrow (3): Mowen, Palu, Higginbotham
Scrumhalves (2): Genia, White
Flyhalves (2): O'Connor, Barnes
Centres (3): Lealiifano, Ashley-Cooper, Horne
Wingers (2): Ioane, Tomane