• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Didn't McCabe only start at 12 last year because To'omua was injured and that forced Lealiifano to move inside? Unless Kuridrani hits an ice-cold streak of form of something I can't name a single player in the starting lineup that he would displace.

Disclaimer: No, I don't hate Pat. I just want to hear your opinion on it.

If Pat had been healthy at the start of the season, I think he'd have been in the side at 13 and Kuridrani wouldn't have got a chance to show his wares. White is loyal to performance, so he's been able to hold onto that 13 jersey. Barnes is in a similar situation.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
McCabe is not a 13. He is a wing converted to inside centre.

No one else besides AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is 13 until AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is unavailable or decides he doesn't want it any more

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

No one else besides AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is 13 until AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is unavailable or decides he doesn't want it any more

McCabe has often played at 13 for the Brumbies when he's come off the bench this season.

Richo

John Thornett (49)

The point was about the Brumbies and where McCabe would have played if he hasn't been hurt. Can't see White starting him at 12 if both Lealiifano and To'omua are healthy.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Thats a bit rough..Kuridrani can at least defend pretty well ;)

I think after Palu's performance against the Stomers Higginbotham has a much stronger case for Wallaby 8 than he did a week ago.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think after Palu's performance against the Stomers Higginbotham has a much stronger case for Wallaby 8 than he did a week ago.

What did Palu do wrong? Played his usual tight, physical game against a tight, physical side. Stats were good.

I agree Higgers is playing well lately but Cliff's form in recent weeks has been as solid as I have seen it.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
He got pushed around in contact by a defense similar to the one we will be playing and Higgers has been playing better than anytime last year.

Foley's kicking out of hand against the Stomers was as good as any Aussie 10 on the weekend. Sans chargedown, but they happen.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
He got pushed around in contact by a defense similar to the one we will be playing and Higgers has been playing better than anytime last year.

I disagree. Watch the game again- on his first hit-up he broke two tackles and made about 8m. I can't remember him ever being caught behind the advantage line, or 'pushed around'.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

What makes you think he is a wing? Apart from his S15 apprenticeship games he has been a centre or 15 throughout his club career

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It was. I think you have to learn from history though. Higgers has been far better at 6 than 8 for the Wobs.

Oh, I agree. My post was more than a little tongue in cheek. I think Palu is, and should be, a lock for 8. The question is whether Mowen or Higgers goes at 6, and my view would be that Higgers has the edge.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-wallabies-squad/story-e6frg7o6-1226645462583

Dont know how legit it is but all the big news websites are coming out with it.

As much as we have discussed and agreed that Deans will most likely not pick him, I still simply cannot express how frustrating it is. It is absolutely, blatantly, 1 million % (yes 1 million % exists in this case) obvious who is the best flyhalf in Australia at the moment. There is no excuse for leaving him out until the next 6 are named, it is simply Deans' being a stubborn FUCK. You want to protect and integrate your 10 into the team as soon as possible, ensure he is on the same page as everyone else. If he is not chosen in the 25 man squad, I would bet my life he is not going to be the starting 10. We will learn if this story is true on Sunday but I cannot believe we are even debating this issue. Why the hell would you not choose your best flyhalf? 99.9% of people on this forum agree he should be the number 10. No, he is not the saviour or the best in the world, but he is the god damn best option we have and if Deans can't see that then there is simply no other excuse for his losses against the Lions.

I don't want to hear any of this "they were too good" bullshit. He should have been sacked for those comments and I am sick and tired of his inability to manage players. Say what you want but the facts stand that he lost us Giteau and Smith because he has no clue how to coach an Australian team or get the best out of players.

Again, I will wait for Sunday, but every second I think about this it makes me angrier.

Rant Over.

Status
Not open for further replies.