• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales, Sunday Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Makes it easier to carry Ant

Eh???

If we 'carry' any of our centres, its Horne.

You will not find many harder working rugby players than Ant and Saia. Their commitment to the team is massive, and their work ethic and attitude is something I wish the rest of our players had.

If Beiber(I need to promote my 'rugby brand' - what the fuck?!) , Cooper, Beale, Higginbotham, Palu etc had the same attitude and worked as hard as Ant and Saia, we wouldn't see the ritual capitulation against NZ every game.

Ant was the form Aussie centre in the Super 15 this year, and a key player in the Reds backline, which scored a shitload of tries. Stop slandering him

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
To be fair though I meant include rather than carry, but it seems a bit silly having 2 ICs on the bench

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If Beiber(I need to promote my 'rugby brand' - what the fuck?!) , Cooper, Beale, Higginbotham, Palu etc had the same attitude and worked as hard as Ant and Saia, we wouldn't see the ritual capitulation against NZ every game.

That's right, we'd also see a ritual capitulation against Ireland, Samoa and Russia too...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
WALLABIES:
Adam Ashley-Cooper;
Lachie Turner,
Rob Horne,
Berrick Barnes,
Digby Ioane;
James O'Connor,
Will Genia;
Ben McCalman,
David Pocock,
Scott Higginbotham,
Rob Simmons,
James Horwill (capt),
Salesi Ma'afu,
Tatafu Polota-Nau,
James Slipper.

Res:
Stephen Moore,
Ben Alexander,
Nathan Sharpe,
Radike Samo,
Ben Lucas,
Ben Tapuai,
Anthony Fainga'a.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...both-scrums-20111201-1o8z8.html#ixzz1fJWu2LhA

strange side to me, the bench doesn't look balanced

2 12s and a utility 9 doesn't make much sense. Faainga can play 13, but he has made bad defensive reads all the test season and if one of the back three gets wounded there will be musical chairs

I would have preferred Sharpe to start, Simmons is a bit lazy at times and takes too many short cuts

As for Ma'afu, dunno

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Shock horror - Horne out due to injury...Hamstring this time.
So.... (?)

LIKELY WALLABIES:
Adam Ashley-Cooper;
Lachie Turner,
Anthony Fainga'a,
Berrick Barnes,
Digby Ioane;
James O'Connor,
Will Genia;
Ben McCalman,
David Pocock,
Scott Higginbotham,
Rob Simmons,
James Horwill (capt),
Salesi Ma'afu,
Tatafu Polota-Nau,
James Slipper.

Res:
Stephen Moore,
Ben Alexander,
Nathan Sharpe,
Radike Samo,
Nick Phipps,
Ben Tapuai,
Ben Lucas.

Horne needs to find a way to stay on the paddock.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ant was the form Aussie centre in the Super 15 this year, and a key player in the Reds backline, which scored a shitload of tries. Stop slandering him

Obviously you're excluding the player whose card has been marked never-to-be-picked or even considered by the national selectors.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So.... (?)

LIKELY WALLABIES:
Adam Ashley-Cooper;
Lachie Turner,
Anthony Fainga'a,
Berrick Barnes,
Digby Ioane;
James O'Connor,
Will Genia;
Ben McCalman,
David Pocock,
Scott Higginbotham,
Rob Simmons,
James Horwill (capt),
Salesi Ma'afu,
Tatafu Polota-Nau,
James Slipper.

Res:
Stephen Moore,
Ben Alexander,
Nathan Sharpe,
Radike Samo,
Nick Phipps,
Ben Tapuai,
Ben Lucas.

Horne needs to find a way to stay on the paddock.

the challenge of having your next best 13 playing 15 and your next best 15 playing 10

to me despite the total upheaval, this looks much more threatening

15 James O'Connor
14 Lachie Turner,
13 Adam Ashley-Cooper
12 Ben Tapuai,
11 Digby Ioane;
10 Berrick Barnes,
9 Will Genia;

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Option 3 - Could move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (again) to 13 and start Lucas at 15. Your lineup looks better.

Deans seems to really want a (or the) ball carrying/running threat at 10. I really thought Barnes would finally get a solid chance there, he seems to be scarred with being too conventional. Needs to work harder on his brand.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I think it so everyone can get a run, McCalman was due to play the last game

neither of them are the answer in our search for a World class No 8, well not at this stage of their development anyway. I don't think it makes much difference which one of them is out there, it will still be a position of weakness.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
neither of them are the answer in our search for a World class No 8, well not at this stage of their development anyway. I don't think it makes much difference which one of them is out there, it will still be a position of weakness.

it was why Deans was prepared to wait on Palu's fitness at the RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.