• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales, Sunday Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
:cool:

Quite right swat, we only have 7 out anyways, I hope we can sustain the form we showed at the WC, I would rather have a good performance and lose , than a bad one and win. For now it's all about continuity,
Too many times we have thought we had turned a corner, only to be thumped by a lesser side, Perform well and the wins will come, first at home, then away, I honestly think we have the tools to beat you, it's just that some of our sharper tools are missing.:):cool:

I don't think missing players is an excuse. We are missing more than half our team;

Ben Robbo
Kepu
Vickerman
Elsom
Palu
Quade Cooper
Beale
Drew Mitchell
McCabe (not a big loss)

Going to be a very close game. Pocock Versus Warburton has me frothing

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm quite interested to see how Spongehead Sookface goes against Jamie Roberts...

B

BRIX

Going to be a very close game. Pocock Versus Warburton has me frothing

Don't want to make a real issue of this but seriously, who the fudge is Sam Warburton...seriously?. He's just a 22 your old lad finding his straps IMHO. None of the talk of him is warranted. His team Cardiff Blues finished 6/7th (can't remember exactly off the top of my head), he's had a decent 6 nations and a couple of good games in the World Cup before getting sent off, I mean - talk it up boys!.

He's going up again Pocock FFS - a guy who regularly does a good job at neutering Brussow/Richie & Burger. Only people that talk about Sam Warburton are the British and old men. I've no doubt he'll be a fine player in a few more years but lay off the gas.

I'll miss you Shane, but I'm tipping The Wallabies by +16

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm quite interested to see how Spongehead Sookface goes against Jamie Roberts...

I'd back Barnes, if he's leading the defensive line. Barnes is a smart defender; it doesn't take a genius to see that Roberts is most dangerous when he has space to wind up and pick a man to run at... or over.

Expect to see the Wallabies rushing up in a line, choking the Welsh backline.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'd back Barnes, if he's leading the defensive line. Barnes is a smart defender; it doesn't take a genius to see that Roberts is most dangerous when he has space to wind up and pick a man to run at... or over.

Expect to see the Wallabies rushing up in a line, choking the Welsh backline.

yeah, sans Cooper there is no weak defender in the Aus backs. Barnes is no dominant smasher, but he is damn effective

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
IF Barnes and O'Connor are the 12/10 combination, this would be great too; they both have good tackling styles for the inside backs that neutralise crash ball merchants like Roberts.

On a different note, I was happy to see Mortlock running good crash ball lines in the Barbars game. Could be a good sign for the Rebels. Imagine having Mortlock off first phase, then O'Connor off quick ball with a battered defence...

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Still hoping Sookface will be at 10 so i'm looking forward to the JOC (James O'Connor)/Roberts battle. Can see Roberts getting picked up and planted on his back by JOC (James O'Connor) but not Sookie. A great defender but he is nowhere near as dominant. Has everyone started believing the rugby press here and buying into the JOC (James O'Connor) is the second best 10 to Carter after 1 game story?

Looks like i'm in the minority though believing Barnes will be 10. Damn you Deans, 2013 can't come soon enough. Will look forward to watching you can crawl back across the ditch to beg for a Super coaching position.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Still hoping Sookface will be at 10 so i'm looking forward to the JOC (James O'Connor)/Roberts battle. Can see Roberts getting picked up and planted on his back by JOC (James O'Connor) but not Sookie. A great defender but he is nowhere near as dominant. Has everyone started believing the rugby press here and buying into the JOC (James O'Connor) is the second best 10 to Carter after 1 game story?

Looks like i'm in the minority though believing Barnes will be 10. Damn you Deans, 2013 can't come soon enough. Will look forward to watching you can crawl back across the ditch to beg for a Super coaching position.

1. Yes, we all want to see JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 but I doubt it will happen...
2. No one believes the bullshit that Brett Harris writes...
3. You are in the minority for believing he will be 10...
4. You are in the majority for wanting Barnes at 10...
5. I like writing lists...

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I doubt it, Brett himself would realise that he writes sensationalised pieces so that the ignorant majority will read it. That's the problem with online papers, they can tell how many people read each article and so now they focus on numbers and not quality. Its the ACA or 60 minutes approach to sports writing...

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
1. Yes, we all want to see JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 but I doubt it will happen...
2. No one believes the bullshit that Brett Harris writes...
3. You are in the minority for believing he will be 10...
4. You are in the majority for wanting Barnes at 10...
5. I like writing lists...

I like reading your lists

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Barnes is very susceptible to concussion due to his footballers migraine condition that he suffered from in this years s15. It caused him to have half the season off to recover and was probably the reason why we went through the McCabe experiment. Hence, sponge (soft) head. And he has a face that looks like someone just stole his favourite toy...

It's also a play on Spongebob Squarepants...

Exhibit A:

767563-berrick-barnes.jpg

Exhibit B:

570602-berrick-barnes.jpg

Exhibit C:

678209-dtstory-berrick-barnes.jpg

Xzibit:

tumblr_kzowyt6vrQ1qz7ptzo1_400.jpg

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Indeed.

If the lineout is poorly operated then it's not going to matter how good the thrower is.

There were times this year, and in 2009 when it seemed like the Wallabies' would telegraph where every throw was going to go...

Remember when Deans had the bright idea to enlist Chisholm to run the lineout in 2009? Despite not having performed that role at club or Super rugby level?

I only found out after the World Cup that Nucifora had taken control of the lineout this year...

It's no wonder our lineout has become so inconsistent since 2008...

If this is true WTF does Jim Williams do?

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
This is a pretty easy game for the wobblies to lose. Last game of a big long year, on holiday off in Wales, up against a side that think they should have won in New Zealand, at home, seeking revenge, huge crowd, dodgy reffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.