• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
1 for Pollard. About 5 minutes as a late call up in the Argie game last year from memory (Edit: it was in Arg in 2022). It certainly counts but I’m not sure it’s vintage. I’m guessing he forgot to add the asterisk next to Flook when he rubbed Beale out.

Last edited:

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
I like that back row hadn't thought about doing it like that but they played well together in Dunedin last year

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
My Wallabies starting XV:
Screenshot-20240624-100314-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Screenshot-20240624-100314-Samsung-Internet-2.jpg

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm pretty off AAA at TH as well. Bloke got bullied every scrum I saw him in. Starting Taniela would also be pretty ridiculous.

So it's probably some other bloke.

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
Allan was scrumming pretty well by the finals, the issues were on the loosehead side. Not back to his best but certainly better than his first few games back (which were ugly). Looks more likely to give you 50 minutes of decent quality than TT. If they want that 30 minutes from Taniela at the start I'd be ok with that though.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
There is certainly merit in starting TT. He may not be the fittest he's ever been but he will shore up the scrum and then when he's worn out reintroduce AAA to test rugby against the tired starters and then the second best options. They are going to be our 2 THP's with almost certainty and will both get around a half each, so it's just a matter of how Joe wants to play them. Which one is #3 and which one is #18 is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think the go is probably Allan and Tupou for the first test, but I won't be amazed if they go with Nonggorr on the bench instead, particularly if they want to give Tupou a kick up the arse or they have been working him harder to improve that fitness.

Injury permitting I expect it'll be Ala'alatoa and Tupou by the rugby championship though, so they may just try and get Tupou up to speed on the field and rely on the fact that the Welsh aren't exactly playing expansive rugby that will stretch his fitness. Might depend a bit on how Schmidt wants to play and how much he needs out of his props around the ground.

The Cleaner

Ted Fahey (11)
Agree, finishers are equally just as important as the starters. Best team in my opinion is a team where the finishers are just as good as the starters. TT or AAA both great THPs. Hopefully TT can get his fitness up!

Last edited by a moderator:

HogansHeros

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah dont get me wrong, big fan of TT and have always said he is a great finisher. Coming on at the 50 and bullying people in the scrum is what he is built for, as long as we are still in the match he can be a game changer. I just dont know about starting him, id rather the consistency of 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think the Brumbies' scrums concerns had to do with his efforts...

He wasn't penalised once over the last three games. The Brumbies' depth on the loosehead side was severely tested, and it was a constant source of any collapses. McInerney was also clearly a weakness in the middle, and likely hasn't fully recovered from his neck injury. At times I think there were also issues with their second row.